Is this a good FP strategy for Hollywood Studios?

blobberhead

Mouseketeer
Hello! I decided to plan last minute trip to Hollywood Studios on Feb 8 and 9 to experience RotR. I understand that since I'm just 2 weeks out, my FP selections aren't the best but I wanted to know if this is a good plan.

Here are the FastPasses I was able to get:

Saturday, February 8th:
Tower of Terror FP+ 9:00AM - 10:00AM
Voyage of the Little Mermaid FP+ 10:05AM - 10:20AM
Disney Jr. FP+ 10:45AM - 11:00AM

Sunday, February 9th
Tower of Terror FP+ 9:20AM - 10:20AM
Voyage of the Little Mermaid FP+ 10:30AM - 10:45AM
Muppet Vision FP+ 11:10AM - 12:10PM

I got ToT FastPasses because I will be doing a solo trip so I plan on doing Rock n Roller Coaster Single Rider.
I also booked 2 shows because I couldn't get any Star Tours before 3PM.

What's the best way I can use up my Tier 2 FastPasses quickly so that I have a chance of getting more Tier 1 FastPasses the day of?
I'm hoping that Disney extends the operating hours for these two days to a 7AM or 8AM open so I can switch both of my ToT FPs to Slinky Dog Dash.

Goal is to ride Smugglers Run at Rope Drop, and then Toy Story Mania and Alien Swirling Saucers with low waits. Use a FP+ at SDD, SR RnRC, and then hopefully get additional FP+ for Tower of Terror and Star Tours.

Note that the single rider line for Rock 'n Roller Coaster often moves just as slowly as the standby line, because the need for single riders on that ride just isn't so great.
Make sure you go through the standby queue for Smugglers Run at least once to see the Hondo animatronic. The single rider line moves quickly, but you miss the entire preshow and end up right in the chess room.

Hello! I decided to plan last minute trip to Hollywood Studios on Feb 8 and 9 to experience RotR. I understand that since I'm just 2 weeks out, my FP selections aren't the best but I wanted to know if this is a good plan.

Here are the FastPasses I was able to get:

Saturday, February 8th:
Tower of Terror FP+ 9:00AM - 10:00AM
Voyage of the Little Mermaid FP+ 10:05AM - 10:20AM
Disney Jr. FP+ 10:45AM - 11:00AM

Sunday, February 9th
Tower of Terror FP+ 9:20AM - 10:20AM
Voyage of the Little Mermaid FP+ 10:30AM - 10:45AM
Muppet Vision FP+ 11:10AM - 12:10PM

I got ToT FastPasses because I will be doing a solo trip so I plan on doing Rock n Roller Coaster Single Rider.
I also booked 2 shows because I couldn't get any Star Tours before 3PM.

What's the best way I can use up my Tier 2 FastPasses quickly so that I have a chance of getting more Tier 1 FastPasses the day of?
I'm hoping that Disney extends the operating hours for these two days to a 7AM or 8AM open so I can switch both of my ToT FPs to Slinky Dog Dash.

Goal is to ride Smugglers Run at Rope Drop, and then Toy Story Mania and Alien Swirling Saucers with low waits. Use a FP+ at SDD, SR RnRC, and then hopefully get additional FP+ for Tower of Terror and Star Tours.
Unless you plan on getting there 90 minutes before park open, I personally would save Smugglers run for as late in the day as possible and Rope Drop SDD or TSM instead. Smugglers waits are always longest at rope drop and shortest in the evening.

It’s critical that your Tier 1 FP is in the morning. If that means it has to be TOT then that’s fine. Your days shouldn’t be crazy so you shouldn’t have much trouble pulling day of FPs; SDD will run obviously out first, followed by TSM, AS2, RNR, and TOT. It usually better to do RNR and TSM early though because early in the afternoon you can get FPs to come back almost immediately, whereas if you do all the Toy Story FPs first, the TOT and RNR ones will be gone.

As soon as you tap in for your first FP, start trying to modify your other ones to move them to an earlier time. Same when you tap in for the 2nd, try and move the 3rd up.
After that, its just refreshing and modifying your follw up FPs. For 4th on FPs, I've found it easier to get a FP for the attraction I want and then modify the time than to keep searching for the attraction and time.

I found that, on my December trip, since there are SO MANY tier 1 FP, it was more difficult to get tier 2 FP in the morning. We got Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, and Little Mermaid. We missed Star Tours (8-9am, which we had moved up when they changed park opening) in favor of rope dropping Smugglers (with rider swap) and then signing up for Jedi Training and having a bathroom break because that's how little kids roll. Then we had Toy Story Mania at 10 (9-10 FP), followed by Little Mermaid. As soon as we scanned in for Little Mermaid, we had our choice of any tier 1 FP except Slinky. There were no tier 2 options in the immediate future. That wasn't a problem, but it would have made it difficult if we had had our tier 1 first and tried to move our tier 2 up. So I don't necessarily agree with that strategy until HS FPs are fixed in March.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter