Is this possible?? Make a reservation with discount 1 day out?

VickiVM

DIS Veteran
I have Disney Visa. I have 7 nights room only reservation for POR 5/25-6/1 with a AAA discount of $140/nt (incl. tax). In order to get 0% no finance for 6 months I have to get 'package' that includes tickets. I was planning on getting 6 day base tickets for our family through one of the ticket outlets for just a bit cheaper than gate price. If I get the package through AAA so that I can qualify for the Disney Visa offer, I would have to go to the cancellation rules of WDTC. I like my 100% fully refundable up to 5 days out rule of room only reservation.

But what if I called, say like the day before and re-worked my reservation to a package with the ticketing so that I can take advantage of the no finance charges for 6 mo from Disney Visa.

Is this possible?? Has anyone ever called like the day before and gotten a discounted room?

Vicki

I don't understand what you are hoping to accomplish here.

Yes, you can make changes to a ressie even the day before - but I don't see how you are thinking that it is going to get you a discounted package....

Sure, you can probably switch it to a package to use your Visa, but you will probably end up paying full room rate.

ILoveWDW2003 said:
I don't understand what you are hoping to accomplish here.
Yes, you can make changes to a ressie even the day before - but I don't see how you are thinking that it is going to get you a discounted package....

She is not looking for a discount. Simply the 0% financing.

IMO, this is not worth the hassle. How much interest will you really save if you take 6 months to pay it off at 0% vs your current rate?

Why would you wait to do it 1 day out?

I agree with the original poster. I like having the fived ay cancellation policy. Right now, I have AAA discount for room only. But I am thinking about switching to a package through AAA to add tickets and dining. How far ahead do you have to book the package through AAA Can you switch to a package under 45 days out? :)

You CAN NOT book a Package less than 72 hours before arrival, and it needs to be paid for in full if you are arriving in less than 45 days.

I guess I wasn't clear why I would want to do this. I want to keep my 5 day cancellation as a guard in case something were to happen at the last minute. We've never had to cancel a trip this close - our airline tickets are already purchased - but with young kids, you never know.

If we switched over to a package that is inclusive of tickets, that would qualify for the 0% financing. It would be paid off prior to arrival as far as Disney is concerned because it would be charged completely to my Visa.

Oh, well, thanks for the replies anyway.

Right, I understood you, I was just saying that a package has to be done more than 3 days ahead of time, you can't do it the day before. The system won't allow it. And if y ou had to cancel you'd forfit your deposit (equal to $200.00 per room)

Book a package and buy the trip insurance in case of cancellation. If you book a package with AAA and get the room discount and the 0% financing through Disney Visa, you will want to have the reward dollars hit your account BEFORE you go to WDW so you can actually use them while there, unless you plan to store them for later use.

I am booked through AAA at the WL with tickets and dining. I put my $200 down on my Disney Visa (the zero interest on that makes no difference as I pay off my balance in full each month). 48 days before our trip I will charge the balance of our vacation on my Disney Visa in order to get those reward dollars to use while we are there. After that, I don't plan on using my Disney Visa again until it's time to book a package in 2007 for the half marathon. I have been faithfully collecting dream dollars for 2 years now and for what I process through the card, it's pretty paltry. It will be a nice few hundred dollars to play with while we are there, but i am on the hunt to find a better reward card.

:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter