Is this possible?

*Pixiedust1438*

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my wedding dress, and I REALLY don't want to ship it. One thing I am considering doing is just buying an extra seat on the plane down and set my dress(in a garment bag) on the seat. We are buying one way tickets down to Orlando anyway since we are going to Hawaii after, and we can get one way flights for around $100, so I think it would be not much more than shipping the dress anyway, and I would just feel way better having it with me. My sister mentioned that she didn't know if they would allow me to do this. Does anyone know if this is possible? We are also considering booking first class so I can just hang it up, but it looks like that would be a lot more expensive than just buying one extra seat.

I am going to buy one of those boxes that are specifically designed for wedding dresses and fit into the overhead locker in the cabin of the plane.
I am afraid I cannot afford another seat on the plane from the UK but it is an excellent idea!!

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my wedding dress, and I REALLY don't want to ship it. One thing I am considering doing is just buying an extra seat on the plane down and set my dress(in a garment bag) on the seat. We are buying one way tickets down to Orlando anyway since we are going to Hawaii after, and we can get one way flights for around $100, so I think it would be not much more than shipping the dress anyway, and I would just feel way better having it with me. My sister mentioned that she didn't know if they would allow me to do this. Does anyone know if this is possible? We are also considering booking first class so I can just hang it up, but it looks like that would be a lot more expensive than just buying one extra seat.
I had my bridal salon pack it up in a box that was airplane carryon regulation size (just got the measurements from the airlines website) and carried with it me the whole way from JFK to the GF. Since I was getting it steamed the morning of my wedding anyway I did not mind if it got wrinkled. The salon just put it in a standard brown box and attached a handle. It was real easy to carry through JFK and MCO. I just placed in the overhead directly above my seat. Once I got to the GF, I hung it in the bag in my closet. DH would never peak so I was not concerned he would see it. Talk to your salon about this option because I too would not ship my dress.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter