Is this realistic?

How did the bike riding go? I'm so looking forward to regular running again, but I feel a bit badly that the dog won't be getting to run. I'm going to try and find someone to watch P on weekends so I can take him out.

No reason to apologize. I hear the same thing from all my parent friends. I don't expect P to sleep through the night while she's still nursing, but sleep deprivation doesn't really bother me, it's sort of a way of life for me. It's not being able to understand what's wrong when I've run out of things to consider (food, diaper, burp, too hot/cold, dog holding her head down with his paw so he can groom her...and yes, that last one actually happened this week.)

The biking is going good. I am building my endurance back up. I am almost at an hour each session now. I went to the doctor today and I am done with my boot as of today. I may need it if I am feeling pain just to slow myself down a bit but I went outside in two sneakers today for the first time in almost 3 months. It sounds stupid but felt like a big day for me. I can start riding my bike outside, which means standing up on the bike, when I am ready. The PT suggested I wait until the muscles get a bit stronger as I haven't really used them in a couple of months. After a month on the bike I move to an elliptical for 6 weeks because it more closely simulates running without the impact. Then I can start running again. It's looking like early January.

But, I have been doing my P90X workouts every other day since I could start exercising again. I am back to being focused on my eating and weight loss. I want to get to under 200 lbs, which is now 25 lbs away. And I start back to work on 11/1. That part stinks.

That's my story.

I didn't mind the lack of sleep much either. Although by child number 4 it begins to get old. Thankfully I am done with that phase. As for the not being able to figure out what the baby wants, it doesn't get any easier when they can talk. You would think it does but it doesn't. They can't always express themselves as easily as us and then they get older and start lying so you play that game too. Being a parent=hardest job ever! But it is so awesome all at the same time. The dog probably loves having her around just as much as you do.

I think we lost the rest of our group.

Hi, everyone! Still here, just not much to add on the parent front (as an educator, I have absolutely no desire to deal with that full-time on my own ;-) )

Glad to hear that the recovery is at least going decently, @Waiting2goback . And that the baby is doing well, @Chiomaca !

I actually just finished my first ever half marathon on Saturday! (super-slow, and I'm nervous about what that means for Disney in a few weeks, but it's done!). A lot of the uphills were insane, the roads were terrible (well, it *is* Baltimore...), I was gassed by the halfway point, and they ran out of medals at the end, which was really quite a downer...but definitely feeling accomplished :)

Hope all is well with you!

The biking is going good. I am building my endurance back up. I am almost at an hour each session now. I went to the doctor today and I am done with my boot as of today. I may need it if I am feeling pain just to slow myself down a bit but I went outside in two sneakers today for the first time in almost 3 months. It sounds stupid but felt like a big day for me. I can start riding my bike outside, which means standing up on the bike, when I am ready. The PT suggested I wait until the muscles get a bit stronger as I haven't really used them in a couple of months. After a month on the bike I move to an elliptical for 6 weeks because it more closely simulates running without the impact. Then I can start running again. It's looking like early January.

But, I have been doing my P90X workouts every other day since I could start exercising again. I am back to being focused on my eating and weight loss. I want to get to under 200 lbs, which is now 25 lbs away. And I start back to work on 11/1. That part stinks.
I'm so glad that the working out and eating are improving! I really wish I were better on the bike. I only have a little commuter bike (not a road bike), but it's looking more and more attractive as a commuting option these days. Our Metro system is a mess - my first day taking the train, I had to wait for two trains to pass before I could get close enough to shove myself onto a train. I'd rather bike than run, time-wise, but there are two hills (okay, bridges) that intimidate me. I suppose if I just get out and do it and suck up the pain and humiliation of slow climbs, I'd get better. Another couple of commutes like yesterday's and I might get there.

I think we lost the rest of our group.
Yeah, I'm sad about that. Beatlecat, glad you joined us!

I actually just finished my first ever half marathon on Saturday! (super-slow, and I'm nervous about what that means for Disney in a few weeks, but it's done!). A lot of the uphills were insane, the roads were terrible (well, it *is* Baltimore...), I was gassed by the halfway point, and they ran out of medals at the end, which was really quite a downer...but definitely feeling accomplished :)
Congratulations! Was it at the running festival? I've lost track of the local races. I did get out with the baby and the dog to cheer at the Army Ten Miler last weekend. The funny thing is, I gave myself a spectating injury. I had my cowbell out and pretty much stood ringing the bell for two hours, between checking on the baby (who somehow loved every second and smiled and cooed the entire time) and the dog (who hated the bell until he realized that he got a treat every time I stopped ringing.) I ended up with sore forearms and blisters on both thumbs.

Little Miss P is doing great. She's such a happy kid, and it's so fun to watch her change so quickly. She just started grabbing things, and they are all going into her mouth. I started work two weeks ago and the nanny sends me pictures every day. It kind of stinks that I only get her awake for two hours a day, but it means our weekends are that much better. I'm not saying she's a good luck charm yet, but we've been to two baseball games and a hockey game and won all three. I'm afraid that means it's our fault that the Nationals lost Game 5, because I had a couple chances to buy tickets and passed.

@Chiomaca thanks! It was indeed the running festival...feeling better about it now, a few days removed -- the soreness is better, the medal situation is getting resolved, and my boss was telling me how her husband, who's a pretty hardcore marathon runner, HATES the course for how rough it is. Definitely hasn't helped that I'm not trained to where I want to be -- school and work have really proven to be a bit too much over the last couple of months :( But we've got a couple of virtual runs and 5k races coming up to keep motivated :)

Crazy that you got a spectating injury! But that must just mean that you were really enthusiastic, right? ;)

Sorry about the Nats -- I was hoping they'd pull it out in game 5 for purely selfish reasons (I'm a 5th generation Cubs fan, and managed to get NLCS tickets in DC just in case...). Nice that you're starting her as a sports fan early!

Yes, very enthusiastic...I know how much it means to me when people cheer, even complete strangers, at the end of the race. Doubly so when you're slow and most of the spectators have gone. I waited until the last runner passed me...by then it was me and a couple of Soldiers who were working the race. I rang that darn bell for everyone. Lots more smiles and thank yous at the end of the race, along with an occasional "We need more cowbell!"

Beatlecat- great job on the 1/2 marathon. Why are you so worried about your Disney race? What corral are you in? You're doing Wine and Dine, right?

Chiomaca- why do the hills intimidate you on the bike? Riding a bike is such good cross training, especially the hills. And yes, it is fun to see how much the baby will change over the first couple of years. I also spectated a race this month. I was supposed to run it with a friend and I went to cheer him on. I also wanted to check the race out in hopes of running it next year. It was cold and rainy so it wasn't ideal conditions and I didn't have a cowbell but my hands were killing me from clapping. But it was fun cheering everyone on. I had never done this before.

I had the screw removed from my foot yesterday and I start back to work next week. It has been a long process, and it is still painful, but I am getting closer and closer to running. It is probably still about 2 months away. I haven't been able to do any major PT yet because the screw was limiting but the balance work I was doing was showing my just how week my left leg is. That's my story for now.

Last edited:
Yes, very enthusiastic...I know how much it means to me when people cheer, even complete strangers, at the end of the race. Doubly so when you're slow and most of the spectators have gone. I waited until the last runner passed me...by then it was me and a couple of Soldiers who were working the race. I rang that darn bell for everyone. Lots more smiles and thank yous at the end of the race, along with an occasional "We need more cowbell!"

Definitely makes a difference! How awesome of you to do that, especially for us slowpokes ;) . (In b'more, there was a huge steel drum band right outside Lexington Market. A nice pick-up at the end!)

Beatlecat- great job on the 1/2 marathon. Why are you so worried about your Disney race? What corral are you in? You're doing Wine and Dine, right?

Thanks! Yes, in for Wine & Dine (and now at the point, after some major deadlines this week, that I can properly start looking forward to the trip). Nervous about sweeping -- we're in the 2nd to last corral (yay for a bit of buffer!), and while I know I can do the distance, I'm just concerned about time. Our Baltimore half was sloooooooow. Trying to remind myself that the course was rough, and we intentionally didn't go at speed because Disney was the more important race (and the time limit on this one was nice and long), but still.

(also, I haven't been wanting to admit this to myself, but my ankle has started becoming a problem over the last month or so :( )

I had the screw removed from my foot yesterday and I start back to work next week. It has been a long process, and it is still painful, but I am getting closer and closer to running. It is probably still about 2 months away. I haven't been able to do any major PT yet because the screw was limiting but the balance work I was doing was showing my just how week my left leg is. That's my story for now.

Congratulations! I'm sure it's still a frustrating process, and PT is never fun, but this is way better for the long run, right? And can you do other things (e.g., swimming)? My sister had screws in her leg when she was younger (a nasty break), but I don't remember it being a problem for swim team...but then again, she was a kid...

Chiomaca- why do the hills intimidate you on the bike? Riding a bike is such good cross training, especially the hills.
It's all in my head. I love to run hills, and I run both bridges regularly, but biking it seems harder and less fun.

Ouch, but the fact tht you're doing balance work is good. Now you can start training again - PT is still training as far as I'm concerned.

Nervous about sweeping -- we're in the 2nd to last corral (yay for a bit of buffer!), and while I know I can do the distance, I'm just concerned about time. Our Baltimore half was sloooooooow. Trying to remind myself that the course was rough, and we intentionally didn't go at speed because Disney was the more important race (and the time limit on this one was nice and long), but still.
What was your Baltimore time? I think if you stayed under 16 min/mile there, you'll do even better at Disney. Disney World is flat! The only "hills" there are highway overpasses, nothing like the killers you've run in the last year! Second to last corral will give you plenty of cushion, especially if you only pick one or two important photo stops or do what I do and pick random stops for pics that don't involve characters.

I took the jogging strolled out for it's first real spin this morning! P has been showing less and less patience with laying back in a bassinet during walks with the nanny and with me, to the point where Wednesday, I swapped out the bassinets from both strollers. Nanny will use the regular one with P facing her and I'll use the jogger with the seat facing out. I was worried that she'd hate not being able to see me, but it was 6am and she fell right back asleep once we got going. I ran about 2.5 miles. Hadn't set a specific distance goal, just a time goal (30 minutes) and figured out where the halfway point in time and distance put me. I was pretty close - 30 minutes ended about two blocks from home. It was slow but not as slow as I thought I'd be. I stopped and walked when I needed to because that pushing that stroller was challenging in a different way than carrying her in a wrap or pushing on a regular walk. Tomorrow is our first 5k!

Definitely makes a difference! How awesome of you to do that, especially for us slowpokes ;) . (In b'more, there was a huge steel drum band right outside Lexington Market. A nice pick-up at the end!)

Thanks! Yes, in for Wine & Dine (and now at the point, after some major deadlines this week, that I can properly start looking forward to the trip). Nervous about sweeping -- we're in the 2nd to last corral (yay for a bit of buffer!), and while I know I can do the distance, I'm just concerned about time. Our Baltimore half was sloooooooow. Trying to remind myself that the course was rough, and we intentionally didn't go at speed because Disney was the more important race (and the time limit on this one was nice and long), but still.

(also, I haven't been wanting to admit this to myself, but my ankle has started becoming a problem over the last month or so :( )

Congratulations! I'm sure it's still a frustrating process, and PT is never fun, but this is way better for the long run, right? And can you do other things (e.g., swimming)? My sister had screws in her leg when she was younger (a nasty break), but I don't remember it being a problem for swim team...but then again, she was a kid...

What was your time for your 1/2? Get to the front of the corral, that will buy you about 20 minutes before the balloon ladies even start moving.

I was riding my bike on the bike trainer but I am limited again now while my incision heals and the bone does hurt again now. I got back on the bike yesterday and most likely will work out again today. I need to join the gym because I need to do 6 weeks of elliptical before I start on the treadmill. Thankfully there is a new Planet Fitness opening just down the street, literally about 1.5 miles from my house. That will make it easier.

It's all in my head. I love to run hills, and I run both bridges regularly, but biking it seems harder and less fun.

Ouch, but the fact tht you're doing balance work is good. Now you can start training again - PT is still training as far as I'm concerned.

What was your Baltimore time? I think if you stayed under 16 min/mile there, you'll do even better at Disney. Disney World is flat! The only "hills" there are highway overpasses, nothing like the killers you've run in the last year! Second to last corral will give you plenty of cushion, especially if you only pick one or two important photo stops or do what I do and pick random stops for pics that don't involve characters.

I took the jogging strolled out for it's first real spin this morning! P has been showing less and less patience with laying back in a bassinet during walks with the nanny and with me, to the point where Wednesday, I swapped out the bassinets from both strollers. Nanny will use the regular one with P facing her and I'll use the jogger with the seat facing out. I was worried that she'd hate not being able to see me, but it was 6am and she fell right back asleep once we got going. I ran about 2.5 miles. Hadn't set a specific distance goal, just a time goal (30 minutes) and figured out where the halfway point in time and distance put me. I was pretty close - 30 minutes ended about two blocks from home. It was slow but not as slow as I thought I'd be. I stopped and walked when I needed to because that pushing that stroller was challenging in a different way than carrying her in a wrap or pushing on a regular walk. Tomorrow is our first 5k!

Hills on the bike is great cross training, it works different muscles than running for sure. I pick a route that has a ton of hills just for that reason. Yeah, the PT is good work and I have picked up some nice exercises that will help my running for sure.

The jogging stroller will be nice cross training for you too. You push that thing around all the time and you will see major improvements in your race times. It's great you take the baby out with you. I wish I had done that when I was home with them rather than be a couch potato.

What was your time for your 1/2? Get to the front of the corral, that will buy you about 20 minutes before the balloon ladies even start moving.
Yes, that's a good idea.

The jogging stroller will be nice cross training for you too. You push that thing around all the time and you will see major improvements in your race times. It's great you take the baby out with you. I wish I had done that when I was home with them rather than be a couch potato.
I'm struggling with having the motivation to get up and get out in the mornings, so I may have to shift to an evening/afternoon run. I have stopped a lot of my circus workouts because the rig is so stimulating that it's hard to get P to sleep, but a nice soothing run will help me get her to sleep. She loves riding in the stroller, or at least enjoys it enough that she sleeps through the runs and wakes up smiley and happy. Made Sunday's 5k enjoyable. Slow, but enjoyable.

I was riding my bike on the bike trainer but I am limited again now while my incision heals and the bone does hurt again now. I got back on the bike yesterday and most likely will work out again today. I need to join the gym because I need to do 6 weeks of elliptical before I start on the treadmill. Thankfully there is a new Planet Fitness opening just down the street, literally about 1.5 miles from my house. That will make it easier.
How is the biking going?

Hey guys...hope you're still out there and working on your fitness.

We finished the Avengers Half in about the same time as last year, so I am reasonably proud of that. And the little Miss decided that cutting a tooth at four months and five days old was not sufficient, and decided to cut BOTH bottom teeth at the same time. It's been a challenging week or so...ending with what appears to have been a big crash tonight where she fell asleep at 6:30...amazing given that it's taken me HOURS to get her down the last few days. I think the nanny may have pushed her afternoon nap earlier after my nightmare of a night last night.

Hi everyone! I know I have been MIA for a long time but I was thinking about this thread the other day and thought it was time I popped back in. I'll catch up on the last couple of pages in the next few days. I did see that you had a girl Chiomaca!! Congrats!!

I have some news on the exercise/running front. In August I did the Rugged Maniac which is a 5k obstacle course and it was awesome. So hard but so great. I was only able to do half the obstacles but I was still pretty impressed with myself. In September I did the 5k color run. October we had 28 days of rain so no event for me but in November my daughter and I did a virtual 5k on the treadmill when we were on a mini vacation for my birthday. December I've signed up for a 5k jingle bell run.

I'm still not actually running yet - still walking but I'm getting there.

It's late here so I'll end this and hit the sack but hopefully I'll be back to catch up soon :)

Yes, that's a good idea.

I'm struggling with having the motivation to get up and get out in the mornings, so I may have to shift to an evening/afternoon run. I have stopped a lot of my circus workouts because the rig is so stimulating that it's hard to get P to sleep, but a nice soothing run will help me get her to sleep. She loves riding in the stroller, or at least enjoys it enough that she sleeps through the runs and wakes up smiley and happy. Made Sunday's 5k enjoyable. Slow, but enjoyable.

How is the biking going?

The biking is going well. I have been on the bike trainer mostly but it was warm out and I got outside today so that was great. I LOVE working out in the fresh air.

Now that it's dark in the mornings it is hard to get up, I don't blame you.

Hey guys...hope you're still out there and working on your fitness.

We finished the Avengers Half in about the same time as last year, so I am reasonably proud of that. And the little Miss decided that cutting a tooth at four months and five days old was not sufficient, and decided to cut BOTH bottom teeth at the same time. It's been a challenging week or so...ending with what appears to have been a big crash tonight where she fell asleep at 6:30...amazing given that it's taken me HOURS to get her down the last few days. I think the nanny may have pushed her afternoon nap earlier after my nightmare of a night last night.

I was thinking of you during Avengers weekend and how you did. I'm glad you had such a good race. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, I haven't been on the computer much. Between getting back to work, getting in my workouts, and life stuff I have no desire to get on the computer. My wife and I have started mediation to try and finalize the terms of the divorce. Once we do we can file it and then its just a matter of weeks to have a judge sign off on it. She got an apartment and is moving out in a couple weeks. I got a new job and start that on Monday. It will be much better hours and allow me to have 50% custody of the kids. So I am pretty excited about everything finally falling into place.

Teething, that is a fun time. :teeth:

Hi everyone! I know I have been MIA for a long time but I was thinking about this thread the other day and thought it was time I popped back in. I'll catch up on the last couple of pages in the next few days. I did see that you had a girl Chiomaca!! Congrats!!

I have some news on the exercise/running front. In August I did the Rugged Maniac which is a 5k obstacle course and it was awesome. So hard but so great. I was only able to do half the obstacles but I was still pretty impressed with myself. In September I did the 5k color run. October we had 28 days of rain so no event for me but in November my daughter and I did a virtual 5k on the treadmill when we were on a mini vacation for my birthday. December I've signed up for a 5k jingle bell run.

It's late here so I'll end this and hit the sack but hopefully I'll be back to catch up soon :)

Great job. Keep up the good work. It doesn't matter that you are not running yet. As long as you keep moving forward you will eventually get where you want to be.

Hi! Good to hear from you! And really glad to see that you're working out still. How was the cruise?

The biking is going well. I have been on the bike trainer mostly but it was warm out and I got outside today so that was great. I LOVE working out in the fresh air.

Now that it's dark in the mornings it is hard to get up, I don't blame you.

I was thinking of you during Avengers weekend and how you did. I'm glad you had such a good race. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond, I haven't been on the computer much. Between getting back to work, getting in my workouts, and life stuff I have no desire to get on the computer. My wife and I have started mediation to try and finalize the terms of the divorce. Once we do we can file it and then its just a matter of weeks to have a judge sign off on it. She got an apartment and is moving out in a couple weeks. I got a new job and start that on Monday. It will be much better hours and allow me to have 50% custody of the kids. So I am pretty excited about everything finally falling into place.

Teething, that is a fun time. :teeth:

Great job. Keep up the good work. It doesn't matter that you are not running yet. As long as you keep moving forward you will eventually get where you want to be.
I'm still struggling to get through a night and my trainer friend told me that at this stage, I should choose sleep over a workout, so that's what I'm doing. Ishould work out at work, but I'm not motivated to do that, either. Oddly, I am motivated to get out for races, so I ran a 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving and a Jingle Bell Run last Sunday. I need to sign up for a New Year's Day race, too. And figure out what's going on for the first few months of the year. I'll be up in Rhode Island all of February, so probably no races then, but maybe in March before I leave for Italy.

I'm still struggling to get through a night and my trainer friend told me that at this stage, I should choose sleep over a workout, so that's what I'm doing. Ishould work out at work, but I'm not motivated to do that, either. Oddly, I am motivated to get out for races, so I ran a 5 mile Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving and a Jingle Bell Run last Sunday. I need to sign up for a New Year's Day race, too. And figure out what's going on for the first few months of the year. I'll be up in Rhode Island all of February, so probably no races then, but maybe in March before I leave for Italy.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I have been so busy with a job change, holiday stuff, etc...

Yeah, the first year after the baby is born is such an adjustment. Sleep is crucial, take it when you can get it. You will get back into a routine soon enough and things will get back to normal. Then, just when you think you have things back to normal something else happens to throw a wrench into things. The joys of parenthood, but it is all worth it.

The wife picks up her keys for her new apartment this weekend and then she begins moving out "slowly" according to her. I am hoping she will be out by January. I have been in such a funk lately and I think when she is finally out things will turn around. I get to start running in two weeks as well.

Hi, everyone -- happy new year!

Hope everyone is doing well, have been thinking about you all lately...have fallen deep down the rabbit hole on this one, and now have a complete race schedule on tap for the year...yikes! My credit card is hurting at the moment, but it's been a nice distraction from working on my dissertation :crazy2:

Don't think we'll be doing runDisney again, though...it was a bit of a disappointment. That, plus some foot issues, led to a bit of a funk lately, but looking forward to getting into a routine again. Plus, the doc confirmed at least a little bit of weight loss (and suggestions for my achy feet), so hoping to continue that trend in 2017.

@Chiomaca Italy! how exciting! Where in Italy are you going?

@Waiting2goback glad to hear that things are at least moving along with the family -- best of luck with getting everything settled.

@dizzyr hi! I'm still not running either...but congrats on the 5ks and obstacles! What was the color run like?

Hi all. I meant to come on and wish you all a happy new year but it was a busy weekend and I forgot. The wife is moved out! She still has clothes here and some other small stuff but I officially helped her move the rest of the big stuff yesterday. She has been sleeping there since last Friday. It's been a long road and I told you guys on this thread I had a plan and so far it is working how I wanted. The kids are happy with the transition. So, I had to come here and thank you guys because this thread was a huge help for me back when this all started. I wish @StayCool would come back too.

Other than that, I ran for the first time yesterday as well. The doctor said I could start in January and I started yesterday. I wanted to do at least a mile but would do longer if it didn't hurt. Well, it hurt but I pushed out 1.11 miles.

Beatlecat- What kind of races did you sign up for? Yes, the credit card can be dangerous when it comes to signing up for races. Soon enough I will be putting together my races for the year too, I can't wait. Why was your runDisney race a disappointment?

Congratulations! So happy that everything is working out for you :)

We're trying a few of the Rock 'n Roll races as an excuse to take some trips, but otherwise keeping things mostly local...should be interesting.

Ah, Wine and Dine. So generally, it just wasn't enjoyable (my sister, the absolute disney apologist, was even more disappointed in that it wasn't really "Disney" the way she expected -- the music throughout the expo/races was the usual dance garbage you hear everywhere, there weren't that many characters out (and those that were had HUGE lines), and there wasn't so much time going through the parks)...it didn't really feel special given the amount of money we paid -- it felt like any race we could have done closer to home. Actually, some of the ones at home seemed nicer -- not having to be up before dawn, more support along the course, etc.

More specifically, we got rather bitter during the 10k; we were maybe 15-30 seconds behind the balloon ladies at the 3 mile mark and got cut off by the bus (there was literally a bus-width (not length!) distance between us and them, and the bus pulled in). The course folks/volunteers at this point were a bit harsh as well. It was all such a let down. On the plus side, it helped us make an important decision: since we were already out the challenge medal, and my foot was in really bad shape, we decided to take a stab at the half, but not really push for it. We were probably going to be picked up again anyway, so why risk being able to enjoy the parks afterward? So we took the half slowly and got picked up again at 3 miles (the first ones cut off again). The course folks/volunteers here were much nicer about the whole thing, too -- one girl was crying, and they were being very encouraging and supportive of her efforts.

In all, we met some nice people during the races (what burned us even more about the 10k is we were talking with a girl in our corral for the half who had been behind us, but somehow let into Epcot (the 3 mile mark) and still allowed to finish). And I suppose the medals are pretty nice...my sister is claiming that we totally earned them, since we ended up doing the mileage in the parks afterward anyway ;) We didn't wear them at the after party or for any photos or anything, but they'll go into the pile of others we've got at home.

We were probably too ambitious with the races, especially since we still wanted to do the parks as usual (we were on vacation at Disney, after all). And my foot was in way worse shape than I wanted to admit to myself (getting it fixed now, though!). But for the money paid, we could have done double the races closer to home, for a pretty similar experience (our sum Wine and Dine experience was 6 total miles of highway). And yes, getting picked up was on us, but even if we had made it into the parks, we probably would have had the same feelings about the races.

So we learned a couple of things: we're probably not going to do another RunDisney event (a 5k if anything), and we're total Moderate/Deluxe snobs ;) (this was our first, and probably last, time at a Value). And taking it easy for the races meant we didn't hit the parks as hard as we might otherwise, but actually allowed us to explore a couple of things we'd never done before, so that was pretty sweet.

So the races were disappointing, but the overall trip was pretty great...but it also helped that World Series game 7 was our first night there, and we actually got to see the Cubs parade in the Magic Kingdom! Life = made.

I agree that the runDisney races are a lot of money and many people are feeling the value is decreasing as they are offering less stuff for more money. I think the night time Wine and Dine race was much more appealing on top of it. At least it was to me. I am planning to do the marathon in 2018 but I am not dying to do races like I once was.

I am glad you had a good trip overall though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter