Is this true? DVC question.

FutureBrideOfMike

Mouseketeer
That all the DVC in Epcot area will be booked Oct 8-14?!?
It is all weekdays. :-(
I heard this from someone and I am dying here.
I really want to rent points.
Any one know?!?!

:confused3

momandseandodisney said:
what is "DVC"

Disney Vacation Club....a timeshare program with Disney...buy points..use them at the Disney hotels and elsewhere...great deal!

I am hoping to rent points for a DVC the week of Oct 8 thru oct 14 for our Disneymoon. It is all weekdays. I am hoping for of course BWV, BCV or YC. I am waiting for a few DVCers to check on dates for me but the lines have been very busy. Anyone know if these are really booked? I am dying to know bc it would really make my life alot easier. ;-) But alas I didn't know about DVC in time it seems.

Yes, they could be booked. You are going during the Food & Wine Festival which really gets busy at Epcot location resorts. You are within the 7 month window so it is open season on bookings for all DVC owners. If the owners can't come up with anything you might consider booking at a non Epcot area resort (such as SSR ow OKW) and waitlisting for the others if you really need to stay there.

FutureBrideOfMike said:
That all the DVC in Epcot area will be booked Oct 8-14?!?
It is all weekdays. :-(
I heard this from someone and I am dying here.
I really want to rent points.
Any one know?!?!

Epcot's Food & Wine Festival will be going on at that time. It is very popular with DVC members and BCV and BWV are especially popular at that time since they are within walking distance of Epcot. The members who own at BCV and BWV who are going at that time booked rooms at the earliest opportunity (11 months in advance). Now that we're inside the 7-month window, people who own at other DVC resorts can book stays at BCV and BWV and many of them called right at 7 months to book stays there for F&W.

Also, many DVCers prefer to book stays for Sunday through Thursday nights because week nights require far fewer points than Friday and Saturday night stays. So it's often more difficult to find availability for weekdays than for weekends. This applies all year round, not just during F&W.

Good luck!

Yes, the resorts that have close proximaty to Epcot will naturally be very popular during the food and wine festival.

You mentioned you had "several people" checking for you. If you are looking to rent, you might want to work with one person alone. That will make it simpler for you and the owner and will not waste the time of owners you aren't intending to rent from.

I don't mean that to sound bad. I am working with one lady specifically and will work with her for sure. I didn't here back from her til a minute ago so it was up in the air if she was still interested. I did a post and got several responses that were all going to check for me. That is all I meant. I defintely don't want to waste people's time!

On another note. Can some one please explain the wait list procedure?
Can you make a ressie at one and be on a waitlist at another?

Thanks for all your help!

Thanks for all the help!
If it was another ocassion I'd switch weeks. ;-)
I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I am excited to be there during F&WF even if I can't get a BCV or BWV room.
It is Disney after all.
:sunny:

Because weekdays are half as expensive point wise than weekends, they book FASTER than the weekends. DVC members (and renters), will often minimize their weekend point usage - fly in on Sunday instead of Saturday and fly out Friday. Or they will stay for cash someplace (either a much cheaper place, or a Deluxe resort they miss) on the weekends. Some DVC members spend their weekends at the Universal hotels.

You can book at another resort and waitlist, however, you need to find a member willing to do that for you. Many don't want points tied up in a waitlist for a renter - waitlists are complicated processes. Particularly if your BWV/BCV rooms are more expensive than the OKW/SSR rooms you do book.

Good luck FutureBrideOfMike. Hope you get one of them. During your stay ckeck into buying into DVC. If you love Disney it will be a great investment for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter