Is Universal's Epic Universe a Shot Across the Bow or A Body Blow to Disney

I enjoy Toy Story Land :confused3
I enjoy it too, but it feels underthemed for a WDW land.

Point taken on Toy Story even though I haven't seen it in person yet :)

I think I was thinking that Disney usually has this grand plan that inevitably gets paired down these days, rides cut, restaurants cut, rides or experiences downgraded, etc.

I actually do agree about stuff after HP (though Hagrid's is new it's still HP). But I think a whole new theme park will give Universal the breadth to expand on what they did good in HP in terms of immersion without constraints of space. Now if there's a gadzillion screen-based rides where I sit down and get bounced around in the new theme park with little variety I'll totally be :sad2: at Universal but I'm hoping for the best that it's not the case.
Budget cuts are almost ways the case nowadays. Galaxy's Edge is the only new land or experience that disney has put out in a long time that makes me say wow. I wish the entire park could have that level theming.

If epic universe lives up to its expectations, it could be SW:GE level theming throughout the entire park, and that would be awesome. But I really don't think 4 years is enough time to build an entirely new, heavily themed park.

Budget cuts are almost ways the case nowadays. Galaxy's Edge is the only new land or experience that disney has put out in a long time that makes me say wow. I wish the entire park could have that level theming.

If epic universe lives up to its expectations, it could be SW:GE level theming throughout the entire park, and that would be awesome. But I really don't think 4 years is enough time to build an entirely new, heavily themed park.
And see for me, and my husband, we were less impressed with SWGE (we went to DLR) than we were with Pandora. My husband loves FOP and thought Smuggler's Run was akin to Star Tours in the level of thrill (a comment many have seemed to echo). I think Disney went too ambitious with it and I'm left feeling disappointed that they took alllllllll that time and this is what they have to show for it.

Now don't get me wrong we liked SWGE but we were not as impressed as we hoped for. A big thing it had going for it was lack of FPs but alas Disney will be eventually adding that :( We enjoyed Oga's the best I would say..which is sorta telling in my mind lol. So I guess what I'm saying is I don't want Universal to look at SWGE to see what they should be doing. I want them to look at how well they did with HP and improve and go further. They know their guests love HP for its theming so hopefully they keep that thoughtprocess going for an entire park.

It's been a while since Universal built something so large scaled so it will put their planning and time management skills to the test that's for sure. Also Universal tends to be quieter during the initial construction process and then they release tidbits here and there so it will be interesting to see how they do it with a whole new theme park. Volcano Bay seemed to follow their previous way of doing it though.

And see for me, and my husband, we were less impressed with SWGE (we went to DLR) than we were with Pandora. My husband loves FOP and thought Smuggler's Run was akin to Star Tours in the level of thrill (a comment many have seemed to echo). I think Disney went too ambitious with it and I'm left feeling disappointed that they took alllllllll that time and this is what they have to show for it.

I think FOP is better than Smuggler's Run, but I remember reading that Smuggler's Run is more of the D ticket ride, while ROTR is the bigger E ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter