Is video-taping of Disney Dreams and/or Hercules allowed?

Scott Av

Earning My Ears
I plan to capture as many memories as possible via my camcorder on my 2/16/03 Wonder cruise. Does the DCL allow the guests to record Disney Dreams and/or Hercules shows?
Thanks!

I believe you can..... I think the only restriction is on flash photography, and artificial lighting for cameras (mainly for the safety of the cast members on stage).

Someone correct me if I am wrong though :)

Hi Scott! It's me Kathy! I saw your post and just wanted to say "hi" and have a great trip! See you and the family when you get back! Can't wait to hear all about the trip!:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :smooth:

Kathy, uh, I think you have me confused with another Scott from Naperville, Il who is going on the Wonder this weekend......Just kidding. Hey-hey Kathy! I've been wondering what your user-name was on this board. So you're Kangaroodle. Cute name. Thanks for the well wishes and we'll you and your family after we get back.

Scott

They tell you not to videotape in an announcement a little bit before the show begins. Occasionally they enforce it, but on our last two cruises the enforcement was zero...camcorders EVERYWHERE! Lately we've taken to sitting back row-center, and all you see looking out at the audience in front of you is a little sea of blue-glowing screens.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

DCL should professionally video tape the productions and sell them in the gifts shops. I am sure they would sell and they would be of better quality than what one woud get from taping it themselves. Also, guests would be able to enjoy the show fully, instead of behind a viewfinder and it might cut down on videotaping from the audience.

MJ

I have to admit, I was really annoyed last week when quite a few people were taking flash photos during Disney Dreams. If you must take a photo, turn off your flash! It is so rude - not just to your fellow guests but also to the performers who could end up with an injury because you've thrown them off with your camera's flash. And the video cameras with the view screens are bad too, especially if they're in front of you. They can be very distracting. I suggest that if you must use your viewscreen video camera, you sit in the back so as not to cause as much distraction to those seated around you.

To add onto the thought about annoying flashes...what's even worse is those cameras that stobe before flashing (I guess it's supposed to eliminate red eye). DOUBLE ANNOYING!! On a few cruises, I have seen people using flashes asked by crew members to stop...I sure wish this is something they enforced more regularly.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

What a great suggestion! DCL should sell tapes or even DVD's of the three shows and make it available only on your cruise. A perfect souvenir and they would be a top seller in the gift shop. In our family alone we would have to get at least three. One for mom and dad, one for daughter and one for son who really misses DCL and knows he won't be joining us 3/15. I wish they would enforce the no flash photography rule. It is rude to the actors on stage and fellow cruisers trying to watch the shows. Kathy

On our last cruise someone was taping the entire Disney Dreams show on his camcorder! The blue screen was so annoying I was half tempted to go over there myself and say something to him. It really ruined the whole show for my whole family. Why someone would want to tape this show is beyond me, I cant imagine it. Our next cruise is in May and I will say someone if is not enforced this time. Thanks:confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter