Is visiting the Boardwalk or Disney Springs worth it with a one year old?

Childs1stTime2Disney

*A dream is a wish your heart makes*
We are staying at the GF, so using monorail for the majority of our trip since we will spend most of our time in the MK. We will need a bus for AK and for DHS, which means we have to fold up the stroller, which will be a bummer with a very wiggly one year old.

Is there anything really worth it at Disney Springs or the Boardwalk to justify us taking the bus, having to remove DC from the stroller etc?

The Boardwalk, not particularly. But Disney Springs is quite the destination these days.

I'm assuming you are asking generally for the whole family, and not just the 1 yo.

It really depends what you want to do.

I think the Boardwalk has the best restaurant on property and fantastic cupcakes an love the shop and art gallery. Others will disagree.

DS I hate i find it over busy and over hyped. So there you have the opposite opinions in two posts.

Worth is too subjective for others to define it for you.

As a mum of three teens folding a stroller and taking a bus isn't that much of a hassle.

Disney Springs is a shopping district. Do you avoid taking your child to malls?
I guess you may have to worry about the child wanting to buy everything in sight. Lots of neat things to see at DS

Disney Springs is a shopping district. Do you avoid taking your child to malls?
I guess you may have to worry about the child wanting to buy everything in sight. Lots of neat things to see at DS

Oh no. We like malls. I just don't know if it is worth it, and add the hassle of having to take the bus there (and have to remove our child from the stroller vs the monorail where baby can stay on), just wondering is there anything special to see there?

The Boardwalk, not particularly. But Disney Springs is quite the destination these days.

I'm assuming you are asking generally for the whole family, and not just the 1 yo.

Yes, I am. I guess I just wonder if it's worth our time spent, even if we have extra time.

DS has great shopping if you are into stores you might not see at your local mall. Dining is great! Highly recommend Polite Pig. Uniglo best Disney shirts and CHEAP. A one yr old doesnt know where they are at anyways their point of view makes no difference. DS has more than boardwalk. We’ve stayed at Beach Club many times. Went to Boardwalk only once never again. Just a few reataurants with limited seating. Not comparable to DS. So much more to see and do. GF to Boardwalk just for boardwalk imo not worth it. Maybe if at Epcot anyways then stroll over there. Still nice to take boat to BC and boardwalk. DS not comparable. That for us is a destination. We Actually plan in time there and can spend a few hrs in DS.

Last edited:

Look up the shops and restaurants at Disney Springs and Boardwalk. Do you specifically want to go to those shops/restaurants? If not, skip it. I personally hate the bus ride to Disney Springs - it seems to take forever and makes me motion sick. If you are at Epcot's World Showcase, it's not that hard to go out the International Gateway and wander over to the Boardwalk if there is something there you want to do. If there is not something there you specifically want to do, why burn the energy?

We only visit the boardwalk if we are staying in one of those resorts. We do love staying in that area, but if we stay at an MK resort, it's too far out of our way.

As for Disney springs, we've been once in 7 trips. My daughter (8 at the time) and I took the boat from Port Orleans. We enjoyed the Lego store and world of Disney, but I don't think it's worth a long bus ride. Note that what we found most fun in the Lego store was building Minifigures, which would not be good for a small child.

Either one might be "worth it" if there is a restaurant you really want to go to. But just to wander? Neither one is worth it in my opinion.

We have DVC at BWV. I love the Boardwalk but would not make a special trip to see it. DS is fun to walk around and can find things to amuse a 1yo.

I have 2 DS. We have vacationed at Disney since they were infants, they are now teenagers (I even took them by myself one time). Everything is a hassle with strollers and 1 year olds ;).

We didn't even go to Disney Springs until our fourth visit, and we've never been to the Boardwalk.

There's so much to do that you'll never do it all. I wouldn't worry about Disney Springs or anything else you may not get to do.

Unless there is something specific you need to buy I would skip Disney Springs. It is the prettiest outdoor mall, but it’s still just food and shopping.
If you have time you need to fill with something free I would say go resort hopping on the monorail and stroll a bit. Always pretty gardening and interesting things to see

I'd say definitely not. (Only if one of the parents wants to see it; the child can enjoy a stroller ride of course anywhere.) Especially b/c you are staying at GF - I think just monorail rides and playing in the kids' pool at GF would be more fun for a 1yo. Maybe walk over to Poly for the torch lighting (if they still do that - used to be nightly).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter