Is your trip still going ahead?

We were supposed to have been flying out mid May, but decided to cancel just before the balance for our 5 night stay at the Beach Club was due. WDW said they would refund deposit as they couldn’t offer us a date for September 2021 (can’t go before as son 2 in final year at Uni) & we didn’t want to go in August this year even if restrictions were lifted. Given that, as of yesterday, they are going to be significantly down in numbers staff wise I’m really glad that we made that call.486190

We were advised to wait it out until end of June when our payment is due before cancelling or changing dates. Was also told by Ocean Florida that they dont think Free Dining will be announced in april becuase of staff limitations. Hoping it is announced before June. As i said before i will not use a travel agent in the uk again. It is just to much hassle especially when disney deposits are so low.

We were advised to wait it out until end of June when our payment is due before cancelling or changing dates. Was also told by Ocean Florida that they dont think Free Dining will be announced in april becuase of staff limitations. Hoping it is announced before June. As i said before i will not use a travel agent in the uk again. It is just to much hassle especially when disney deposits are so low.

I'm so glad I booked direct. I have done with most of my holidays for years now. It's only on non Disney holidays I've used sites like hotels.com for our hotel, but I might even stop that now and book everything direct.

I already had a travel scare almost a year ago when we were flying home to my family in Norway to celebrate two big events and the pilots in my airline went on a strike not long before we were due to go. I was never so glad I'd booked direct as it made it so much easier to reschedule our flights.

We’re due to go at the end of July. We’re DVC members so have done everything separately. Room is booked with our DVC points and flights are paid in full. We’ve even paid for the dining plan for a few days (which we don’t normally have).
In a way I think it’s easier for us as we don’t have to worry about paying balances etc as it’s already all been paid, so it’s been taken out of our hands.

I really feel for those having to make big decisions on what to do.

Take care everyone :-)

I was supposed to be going next week but have been able to cancel everything and am just waiting for the refunds to process. I'm disappointed but obviously, it can't be helped.

I'm waiting until the picture's clearer before rebooking. The advantage I've got is that I'm a solo traveller so I'm not tied in with school holidays and can be flexible with vacation time.

1F

We've just had to cancel our trip for May 2nd.
VA cancelled the flight a couple of days ago, and I'm asking for a refund rather than an open ticket or rebooking.

We booked all parts separately and direct with the various companies.
Universal Hotel and Alamo car hire refunded at no cost, Disney in the process of refunding for free as they couldn't re-book us with the exact same package at a date that suited us (which is a shame as we had a great price on an OKW 1 bed villa with free dining) :(

I think we will sit on the money so we are ready to pounce on any offers that appear if/when things get back to normal.

We decided over the weekend to move our July holiday to July 2021. Even if the parks are open, I'm not sure it's going to be the same just yet. Plus the wife wasn't happy with flying anywhere just at the moment.

Unfortunately, Coronado Springs isn't available for the dates we want next summer - I'm sure some rooms will become available sooner or later. But in the meantime we are probably going to move our reservation to Pop Century instead. I might even be tempted to leave it there, as I like the idea of having the Skyliner.

If you're meant to go this year, what are you planning to do about your trip? Are you still going, or cancelling or waiting to see what's going to happen?

Me and DH have a trip planned in September and we've already booked our flights with Virgin. I'm not sure what to do at the moment. I kind of feel like if we were able to get back all of our money I might have cancelled now just to know for sure if our trip is going ahead or not. But I think I'll at least wait and see how things goes and if WDWTC will extend the dates they'll fully refund for. If they change the dates to cover our dates I'll check if we would be able to cancel our flights with a full refund as well.

We also are booked for the end of September... hoping for the best outcome but being more realistic and preparing for the "not so" best outcome! We going to wait until end of June/mid-July before we start cancelling things. It is a tough decision to make and being patient is not coming easy to me!

FP day is this weekend. Every morning I check my BA app to make sure that the flight is still there. Airport hotel booked but not airport parking, as this seems a much higher price than usual at the moment. If the trip is cancelled I think we will postpone for 12 months and maybe take a week exploring the Welsh coastal path if rental cottages re open for business. For now, still hopeful.

Given the current situation, I think it's very unlikely that any parks in the US will be opening up again any time soon. They would have to severely limit the number of people in the park, and would need an army of employees just to sanitize. Social distancing would be impossible. As for flights to the US for people on holiday, I can't see that happening soon either. If I were to guess (and of course I'm just guessing), I'd be surprised if any theme parks in America open up again before the end of this year. I hope this horrible situation ends soon and everything returns to normal!!

Given the current situation, I think it's very unlikely that any parks in the US will be opening up again any time soon. They would have to severely limit the number of people in the park, and would need an army of employees just to sanitize. Social distancing would be impossible. As for flights to the US for people on holiday, I can't see that happening soon either. If I were to guess (and of course I'm just guessing), I'd be surprised if any theme parks in America open up again before the end of this year. I hope this horrible situation ends soon and everything returns to normal!!
Don’t be surprised to see the parks start opening in June. I think it’s mad but they seem to be heading that way.

Don’t be surprised to see the parks start opening in June. I think it’s mad but they seem to be heading that way.
Honestly, I think that would be insane. I read the link (above) about the measures they feel they can take, but we all know how crowded the parks are in the summer. They would be a breeding ground for COVID-19. It doesn't even sound fun, going to WDW during a global pandemic! But again, I hope things are normal again very soon. My family and I went last October and had a great time.

When the parks open It will be for Local people first . Then Florida State People . Then U.S.A. followed

by International people.

When will the U.K. People be allowed to travel ( By U.K. Gov. ) & Allowed into U.S.A. by U.S.A. Gov. ?

No Travel from Ireland till mid August .

I think that is the point - doesn’t matter if Disney open up the experience won’t be what people are used to. Seriously Main Street for fireworks? Can’t see it and more importantly do I even want to be there? Answer no. Loving going buts it’s not that important will move to next year! Assuming Disney allow that.

I am making FPs at noon today! Supposedly flying out on 30 June with first park day 1 July. I am just planning as usual and waiting. Luckily I booked the resort through a US WDW travel agent (Small World), so I can cancel up to 7 days before my arrival. (Maybe WDW will extend the current cancellation policy, allowing cancellation up to 24 hours before arrival?). The ‘plan’ is to sit tight until arrival day, minus 8 days. If the borders are still closed and/or the current FCO advisory is still in place on arrival day minus 8 days, I will cancel rooms. Then if ‘everything’ is lifted during that last week, we will ask TA to book whatever is available. I am relying on there being lots of room availability, but it will mess up our FPs. At the moment my BA flights are still showing as live.
If the trip is cancelled we will rebook for next year, but that means new APs.

I tend to agree with this. No way they can just have business-as-usual this summer. :(

When the parks open It will be for Local people first . Then Florida State People . Then U.S.A. followed

by International people.

When will the U.K. People be allowed to travel ( By U.K. Gov. ) & Allowed into U.S.A. by U.S.A. Gov. ?

No Travel from Ireland till mid August .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts