Is your trip still going ahead?

jf256

Mouseketeer
Joined
Oct 20, 2018
I don’t understand this. Are you sure that the insurers didn’t just say that they are only offering ‘Covid cover’ for those who renew their annual insurance policies?
Nope.

If i rebook my holiday within one year of booking my travel insurace ie i booked it on jan 28 2020..so if i booked it jan 27 2021. They will transfer it and covid will still be covered. If i want to travel after that date it means no cover for Covid19 or any mutations.

A lot of other insurance companies are allowing people to transfer their dates without this restriction.

I think it works out better for them in the short term as they dont need to pay out claims just move it. I am going to call customer service this week and actually speak to someone because they quoted some very weird reasons to me on live chat and i would like to actually speak to someone.

As someone has said before. Unless we are insured no way am i going to the USA without a vaccine. At least not for a couple of years.

It is really quite devastating. As i had accepted the fact that this year was a no go. But next year aswell. I know first world problems but it is still upsetting.
 

TiggsTail

Earning My Ears
Joined
Oct 24, 2008
We are due to fly 23 July with Aer Lingus, first to New York, then a Jet Blue flight to Tampa staying in a villa for 3 nights on Anna Maria then to Disney to stay in our DVC home, Bay Lake and flying MCO to Birmingham on the 8th August.
We Have decided to cancel. So far we haven’t cancelled the Aer Lingus flight. We booked semi-flex Business Class flights so we get to cancel less 15% at any point before departure. AL are allowing rearranged flights up until end of Sept flights but only To rebook 11 months ahead. We plan to reschedule for next August so that doesn’t ‘work’ for us. We cancelled our NYC hotel which was a fully flex booking. Jet Blue are giving us a voucher good for 24 months, even though those flights were non-cancellable. We’ve had a full Vila refund, via Homeaway for Anna Maria. Our DVC points are back in our account, having cancelled.
The ‘villains of the piece’ are holidayextras who we booked BHX airport car parking with. Paid extra to be fully cancellable and they’ve unilaterally changed their T&Cs to give us a useless voucher. Roll on 2021.
 


Woodview

DIS Veteran
Joined
Dec 29, 2013
Wait for Aer Lingus to cancel flight ( or phone them up for info )

They will offer Full Refund or a Voucher .
 
  • alanandline

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Mar 13, 2019
    Wait for Aer Lingus to cancel flight ( or phone them up for info )

    They will offer Full Refund or a Voucher .
    Whilst that is normally the right advice they only lose 15% and if they get the 85% as cash without hassle they might think thats better. I don’t know if Air Lingus is being difficult at cancellation to get the cash refund like many.
     

    TiggsTail

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    Oct 24, 2008
    At the moment we’re thinking of cancelling. Have heard a few worrying stories that those who’ve been issued with vouchers by AL have been quoted higher prices than shown on the website when they try to rebook. Otherwise a voucher would have been fine; we tend to travel to the US every year so it would have been used within the 5 years given.
     

    wifey

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    May 7, 2005
    We just had the latest email from Disney giving us our options and asking us what we wanted to do with our vacation reservation. After two hours of thinking of the pros and cons we decided to still go. Our 35% refund will cover the costs of the food and drinks just.. yes it’s going to be different. Our Estas are sorted out and valid for the next two years. Our main issues now are if/ when and where BA fly out and back from.. that and whether we’d be allowed into the USA and back without the need for quarantining..
    We have been working hard throughout the pandemic and honestly if it wasn’t transmitted to us months ago I’d be surprised. I was very ill after my surgery in December it took weeks to get pulled around after that. We will of course still maintain our social distancing and washing of hands and the use of masks and hand sanitiser both at home and away... we have been in Florida when there have been other outbreaks and endured Swine Flu and other viruses over the last few years , we understand the importance of good hygiene. Wearing masks doesn’t give me issues at all it’s our way of preventing passing anything to someone else as well as protecting ourselves. TBH though we need this holiday to happen.
     

    PaulaSB12

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Oct 7, 2005
    Cancelled my trip last weekend and have cancelled and rebooked the holiday for July so I can put a new kitchen in and turn the back room into a utility room.
     
  • TheBunny

    Earning My Ears
    Joined
    May 16, 2014
    I tried to modify our reservation but when I called the phone number (at 3:30pm) it said they were already closed. I'm assuming that means that their phone queue today was astronomically long.
     

    GirlDreamer

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Nov 16, 2011
    I tried to modify our reservation but when I called the phone number (at 3:30pm) it said they were already closed. I'm assuming that means that their phone queue today was astronomically long.
    Yes it was. I saw people comment on FB that they waited for 4 hours.
     

    PaulaSB12

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Oct 7, 2005
    DDP are cancelled up to 26 September 2021
    We just had the latest email from Disney giving us our options and asking us what we wanted to do with our vacation reservation. After two hours of thinking of the pros and cons we decided to still go. Our 35% refund will cover the costs of the food and drinks just.. yes it’s going to be different. Our Estas are sorted out and valid for the next two years. Our main issues now are if/ when and where BA fly out and back from.. that and whether we’d be allowed into the USA and back without the need for quarantining..
    We have been working hard throughout the pandemic and honestly if it wasn’t transmitted to us months ago I’d be surprised. I was very ill after my surgery in December it took weeks to get pulled around after that. We will of course still maintain our social distancing and washing of hands and the use of masks and hand sanitiser both at home and away... we have been in Florida when there have been other outbreaks and endured Swine Flu and other viruses over the last few years , we understand the importance of good hygiene. Wearing masks doesn’t give me issues at all it
    Have you checked your Esta? I found this

    • Individuals traveling to the United States on a Visa Waiver Program that are subject to the COVID-19 entry restrictions have had their ESTA approvals canceled.
     

    alanandline

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Mar 13, 2019
    Have you checked your Esta? I found this

    • Individuals traveling to the United States on a Visa Waiver Program that are subject to the COVID-19 entry restrictions have had their ESTA approvals canceled.
    Yeah I’ve heard this mentioned elsewhere too. It’s a cash grab by the US as we will have to pay again!
     
  • csimon

    Mouseketeer
    Joined
    Sep 20, 2018
    Have you checked your Esta? I found this

    • Individuals traveling to the United States on a Visa Waiver Program that are subject to the COVID-19 entry restrictions have had their ESTA approvals canceled.
    It needs checking but I think it's OK. The wording on the site I think implies that anyone attempting to travel while travel restrictions are still in place will have their ESTA cancelled, not that all ESTAs are being cancelled outright. I've checked the status of mine and it's still there and approved. The actual wording is:

    In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled
     

    tinkerbell1991

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 12, 2011
    It needs checking but I think it's OK. The wording on the site I think implies that anyone attempting to travel while travel restrictions are still in place will have their ESTA cancelled, not that all ESTAs are being cancelled outright. I've checked the status of mine and it's still there and approved. The actual wording is:

    In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled
    I was just about to say this - it's more if you attempt to enter while they are closed they the visa will be cancelled
     

    Welsh_Dragon

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Feb 23, 2019
    I was just about to say this - it's more if you attempt to enter while they are closed they the visa will be cancelled
    I read, on the Dibb forum I think, that if you enter your API that can trigger a cancellation of your ESTA as it is considered an attempt to enter the US. Just something to keep in mind.
     

    tinkerbell1991

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 12, 2011
    I read, on the Dibb forum I think, that if you enter your API that can trigger a cancellation of your ESTA as it is considered an attempt to enter the US. Just something to keep in mind.
    Sorry but what is an API? 🙈

    Update - Google actually came up trump's for once with the right answer to what API is 😉
     

    tinkerbell1991

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Apr 12, 2011

    wifey

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    May 7, 2005
    It needs checking but I think it's OK. The wording on the site I think implies that anyone attempting to travel while travel restrictions are still in place will have their ESTA cancelled, not that all ESTAs are being cancelled outright. I've checked the status of mine and it's still there and approved. The actual wording is:

    In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled
    We have not entered any travel information, no flight details or anything like that. In case anyone was worried we applied for them without completing those parts. Our entry into the USA isn’t guaranteed and not looking very possible at the moment . Since the Estas last two years though it covers us if we need to move to another year ahead.. our passports are fine and no way are we ignoring the rules or regulations with this world wide situation as it is. Things can change and often do. We realise that. Heck in another few weeks we may not even have passenger flights going to the USA. We may be in another lockdown during a second spike who can say? I’m trying to keep positive ..
     

    Disney Frenhines

    DIS Veteran
    Joined
    Aug 28, 2013
    With the business with renewing my passport it looks like September is not going to happen after all even if they started allowing us back into the US, which is highly unlikely this year anyway. I've started planning to go next year instead although I plan to keep my reservation open right up until it comes to paying off the balance.
     





    Connect

    Disney News and Updates





    SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.






    Top