Is your trip still going ahead?

A bit late to the party; but I’ll just invite myself and join in ☺

We had a trip planned earlier this year for my birthday.
Flights were cancelled (still not refunded)
Villa was all paid for (non refundable 😥)
Disney tickets refunded
Disney resort refunded
Car hire refunded
Airport hotel refunded
Airport parking refunded
Trip has not been rearranged.

we have another booking for late October which was booked.
taking a newbie.
attending mnsshp.
staying both onsite & in a villa.
Disney tickets all confirmed.
need to call regarding October/November resort stays-
Can’t modify 2 on manage my booking
Want to alter number of days on ddp booking

flying with va from Manchester; I need to know for my sanity if they are ceasing flights from man?!
leaving the country; will it be possible?

I really, really want to go -
Even with all the limitations.
If we can’t travel safely though; we can’t go.
Disney modifications not currently allowed to change duration etc.
Way too early to say if October flights will run and if allowed to enter US, FCO advise ok to travel and if 14 day quarantine in place at either or both US and UK. We do not know answers to those questions for July yet!

Re your villa booking did you not have travel insurance? They will first say you should approach the accommodation provider. I’m assuming you rented direct from the owner? If via any intermediary and paid by card then if the accommodation was not available, I.e. in US you were not allowed to go to another home then you might be able to do a charge back via your card provider. If once you’ve explored that then the insurance would kick in.

Disney modifications not currently allowed to change duration etc.
Way too early to say if October flights will run and if allowed to enter US, FCO advise ok to travel and if 14 day quarantine in place at either or both US and UK. We do not know answers to those questions for July yet!

Re your villa booking did you not have travel insurance? They will first say you should approach the accommodation provider. I’m assuming you rented direct from the owner? If via any intermediary and paid by card then if the accommodation was not available, I.e. in US you were not allowed to go to another home then you might be able to do a charge back via your card provider. If once you’ve explored that then the insurance would kick in.
I know nobody knows!!

te the villa-travel insurance would not pay out.
We paid via bank transfer.
it’s gone.

I know nobody knows!!

te the villa-travel insurance would not pay out.
We paid via bank transfer.
it’s gone.
Sorry to hear that. It’s a horrid situation. I’ve got about £1,500 of bits that could be lost. Some of it might work out to be used next year, some. Will be lost.

A bit late to the party; but I’ll just invite myself and join in ☺
<snip>
flying with va from Manchester; I need to know for my sanity if they are ceasing flights from man?!
leaving the country; will it be possible?

I'm (supposed to be) flying VA from Manchester too, first week in November. As far as we know, VA is still intending to do that route. My flight booking is still there, exactly the sames times, but changed from a B747 to an A330.

Everything else is completely unknown!

I'm (supposed to be) flying VA from Manchester too, first week in November. As far as we know, VA is still intending to do that route. My flight booking is still there, exactly the sames times, but changed from a B747 to an A330.

Everything else is completely unknown!
Have you checked your booking if you've been able to book seats in advance?
We'd booked the last row (when it was a 747) and when I check on the 12th June, the plane has now changed over so although we've got the same numbered seats we selected going out, we're now 2 rows from the front instead of directly at the back.
Coming back from Orlando to Manchester was a whole different ball game. We again booked the last row as we like to recline and go to sleep coming home. When I checked also on Friday, It wouldn't let me select seats and kept saying unavailable. I checked this morning - still the same. Then I randomly check about midday and bam, only 4 seats left to book so I've managed to get us both sat together but unfortunately it looks like no sleep as we didn't get the back row and I can't bring myself to recline my chair back onto people behind me. Oh well, there could be worse things but definitely check your seat allocation as it will have changed now the planes have gone smaller

Have you checked your booking if you've been able to book seats in advance?
We'd booked the last row (when it was a 747) and when I check on the 12th June, the plane has now changed over so although we've got the same numbered seats we selected going out, we're now 2 rows from the front instead of directly at the back.
Coming back from Orlando to Manchester was a whole different ball game. We again booked the last row as we like to recline and go to sleep coming home. When I checked also on Friday, It wouldn't let me select seats and kept saying unavailable. I checked this morning - still the same. Then I randomly check about midday and bam, only 4 seats left to book so I've managed to get us both sat together but unfortunately it looks like no sleep as we didn't get the back row and I can't bring myself to recline my chair back onto people behind me. Oh well, there could be worse things but definitely check your seat allocation as it will have changed now the planes have gone smaller

Hmm...well I checked about a week ago and a few times since alhtough not in the last day or so. My seat assignments were the same number as the 747. I was in P.E. in the bubble upstairs, had also booked the rear row for the journey back. The seats numbers mapped over to the A330 OK, although there was one extra row in the cabin so I'm no longer in the back row. I will check again now in case they've removed the seat assignments!

[EDIT Yes, my seat assignments are still there]

Hmm...well I checked about a week ago and a few times since alhtough not in the last day or so. My seat assignments were the same number as the 747. I was in P.E. in the bubble upstairs, had also booked the rear row for the journey back. The seats numbers mapped over to the A330 OK, although there was one extra row in the cabin so I'm no longer in the back row. I will check again now in case they've removed the seat assignments!

[EDIT Yes, my seat assignments are still there]
Oh that's good :) P.E too, but thankfully the new fleet is slightly bigger than the original one

Just received my amended invoice from Disney UK with free dining taken off and 35% discount applied. Due to go on 26th August and balance due date remains the same at 1st July - so final balance date not extended as someone else mentioned (maybe on this thread or another). Hoping that some sort of decision is made between UK and US before that date but as only just over two weeks away, not holding my breath. Booked my flights separately with Virgin so depends on them also.

Don’t you think it would be better for everybody if he gave a date before which it is not going to change, not just a review every 3 weeks.

No, because if any spikes occur and it knocks that date off people get angry and criticise the government.

It's my opinion that ongoing analysis is the best course of action and outside pressure from business and media should be ignored, because any risk of further spikes will set back what people are moaning about wanting by months.

No, because if any spikes occur and it knocks that date off people get angry and criticise the government.

It's my opinion that ongoing analysis is the best course of action and outside pressure from business and media should be ignored, because any risk of further spikes will set back what people are moaning about wanting by months.
I agree they should ignore business calling for this and that. Absolutely should be based on the science.

i just feel if they really think it is not going to be lifted in 3 weeks than say 6 weeks for a review. This does mean they are saying it will be lifted at that time just gives people with things upcoming a bit more certainly. What they have been doing is giving people the impression you might be able to go abroad in 3 weeks, so it’s a constant disappointmen.

Hey nothing wring with your view either. I don’t think we are so far apart.

My holiday is booked for September.

The main problems right now are the UK advice to avoid all but essential travel (meaning I can't travel as my insurance wouldn't cover it) and the US ban on arrivals from the UK.

I'm still hoping to travel but it's far from certain I'll be able to - depends if the restrictions are lifted by then.

I am booked to travel with aer Lingus from Glasgow on the 19th September staying at ASM for 13 nights with park hopper tickets then universal for 6 nights which we intend to do HHN, and all the other parks like Busch gardens and sea world. At the moment, all we have paid is the deposit for the hotel reservations and the full amount on the flights. I have seen folk being asked to confirm by Disney if they are going, moving their date or cancelling. We have had no such communication.

Me and my partner both have to take our annual leave from work regardless if we travel or not.

Firstly, we were hoping to move to November, but reading these threads it looks like that is not an option. Again, due to work commitments we cannot go between January and April 2021.

This was due to to our first trip since 2017, we’ve had a serious health problem and other reasons why a big trip hasn’t been an option for us, so we have went all out on this one.

Do we still go or, cut our losses and book for September 2021? Aer Lingus will allow us to move our flights but we still really, really need a holiday.

Curious to see if anyone else traveling around this time have made a decision on what to do :)

My holiday is booked for September.

The main problems right now are the UK advice to avoid all but essential travel (meaning I can't travel as my insurance wouldn't cover it) and the US ban on arrivals from the UK.

I'm still hoping to travel but it's far from certain I'll be able to - depends if the restrictions are lifted by then.

I think the restrictions on travel will be somewhat lifted by then. I doubt very much that travelers will have to quarantine for a period of time when they arrive in the US. With all the airlines starting to fly again at the end of July, I think that’s a good indication that they may have a bit of insight into when some restrictions might be lifted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter