Is your trip still going ahead?

We are due to fly 23 July with Aer Lingus, first to New York, then a Jet Blue flight to Tampa staying in a villa for 3 nights on Anna Maria then to Disney to stay in our DVC home, Bay Lake and flying MCO to Birmingham on the 8th August.
We Have decided to cancel. So far we haven’t cancelled the Aer Lingus flight. We booked semi-flex Business Class flights so we get to cancel less 15% at any point before departure. AL are allowing rearranged flights up until end of Sept flights but only To rebook 11 months ahead. We plan to reschedule for next August so that doesn’t ‘work’ for us. We cancelled our NYC hotel which was a fully flex booking. Jet Blue are giving us a voucher good for 24 months, even though those flights were non-cancellable. We’ve had a full Vila refund, via Homeaway for Anna Maria. Our DVC points are back in our account, having cancelled.
The ‘villains of the piece’ are holidayextras who we booked BHX airport car parking with. Paid extra to be fully cancellable and they’ve unilaterally changed their T&Cs to give us a useless voucher. Roll on 2021.

Wait for Aer Lingus to cancel flight ( or phone them up for info )

They will offer Full Refund or a Voucher .

Wait for Aer Lingus to cancel flight ( or phone them up for info )

They will offer Full Refund or a Voucher .
Whilst that is normally the right advice they only lose 15% and if they get the 85% as cash without hassle they might think thats better. I don’t know if Air Lingus is being difficult at cancellation to get the cash refund like many.

At the moment we’re thinking of cancelling. Have heard a few worrying stories that those who’ve been issued with vouchers by AL have been quoted higher prices than shown on the website when they try to rebook. Otherwise a voucher would have been fine; we tend to travel to the US every year so it would have been used within the 5 years given.

We just had the latest email from Disney giving us our options and asking us what we wanted to do with our vacation reservation. After two hours of thinking of the pros and cons we decided to still go. Our 35% refund will cover the costs of the food and drinks just.. yes it’s going to be different. Our Estas are sorted out and valid for the next two years. Our main issues now are if/ when and where BA fly out and back from.. that and whether we’d be allowed into the USA and back without the need for quarantining..
We have been working hard throughout the pandemic and honestly if it wasn’t transmitted to us months ago I’d be surprised. I was very ill after my surgery in December it took weeks to get pulled around after that. We will of course still maintain our social distancing and washing of hands and the use of masks and hand sanitiser both at home and away... we have been in Florida when there have been other outbreaks and endured Swine Flu and other viruses over the last few years , we understand the importance of good hygiene. Wearing masks doesn’t give me issues at all it’s our way of preventing passing anything to someone else as well as protecting ourselves. TBH though we need this holiday to happen.

Cancelled my trip last weekend and have cancelled and rebooked the holiday for July so I can put a new kitchen in and turn the back room into a utility room.

I tried to modify our reservation but when I called the phone number (at 3:30pm) it said they were already closed. I'm assuming that means that their phone queue today was astronomically long.

I tried to modify our reservation but when I called the phone number (at 3:30pm) it said they were already closed. I'm assuming that means that their phone queue today was astronomically long.

Yes it was. I saw people comment on FB that they waited for 4 hours.

DDP are cancelled up to 26 September 2021
We just had the latest email from Disney giving us our options and asking us what we wanted to do with our vacation reservation. After two hours of thinking of the pros and cons we decided to still go. Our 35% refund will cover the costs of the food and drinks just.. yes it’s going to be different. Our Estas are sorted out and valid for the next two years. Our main issues now are if/ when and where BA fly out and back from.. that and whether we’d be allowed into the USA and back without the need for quarantining..
We have been working hard throughout the pandemic and honestly if it wasn’t transmitted to us months ago I’d be surprised. I was very ill after my surgery in December it took weeks to get pulled around after that. We will of course still maintain our social distancing and washing of hands and the use of masks and hand sanitiser both at home and away... we have been in Florida when there have been other outbreaks and endured Swine Flu and other viruses over the last few years , we understand the importance of good hygiene. Wearing masks doesn’t give me issues at all it
Have you checked your Esta? I found this

• Individuals traveling to the United States on a Visa Waiver Program that are subject to the COVID-19 entry restrictions have had their ESTA approvals canceled.

• Individuals traveling to the United States on a Visa Waiver Program that are subject to the COVID-19 entry restrictions have had their ESTA approvals canceled.
Yeah I’ve heard this mentioned elsewhere too. It’s a cash grab by the US as we will have to pay again!

It needs checking but I think it's OK. The wording on the site I think implies that anyone attempting to travel while travel restrictions are still in place will have their ESTA cancelled, not that all ESTAs are being cancelled outright. I've checked the status of mine and it's still there and approved. The actual wording is:

In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled

It needs checking but I think it's OK. The wording on the site I think implies that anyone attempting to travel while travel restrictions are still in place will have their ESTA cancelled, not that all ESTAs are being cancelled outright. I've checked the status of mine and it's still there and approved. The actual wording is:

In accordance with Proclamation—Suspension of Entry as Immigrants and Nonimmigrants of Certain Additional Persons Who Pose a Risk of Transmitting Coronavirus, effective at 11:59 p.m. eastern daylight time on March 16, 2020, the entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States. Proclamation 9993 regarding travel from a Schengen Area country also remains in effect. Any traveler with a valid ESTA who is subject to the Proclamation and who attempts to travel the United States in violation of the Proclamation will have their ESTA canceled
I was just about to say this - it's more if you attempt to enter while they are closed they the visa will be cancelled

I was just about to say this - it's more if you attempt to enter while they are closed they the visa will be cancelled
I read, on the Dibb forum I think, that if you enter your API that can trigger a cancellation of your ESTA as it is considered an attempt to enter the US. Just something to keep in mind.

I read, on the Dibb forum I think, that if you enter your API that can trigger a cancellation of your ESTA as it is considered an attempt to enter the US. Just something to keep in mind.
Sorry but what is an API? 🙈

Update - Google actually came up trump's for once with the right answer to what API is 😉

We have not entered any travel information, no flight details or anything like that. In case anyone was worried we applied for them without completing those parts. Our entry into the USA isn’t guaranteed and not looking very possible at the moment . Since the Estas last two years though it covers us if we need to move to another year ahead.. our passports are fine and no way are we ignoring the rules or regulations with this world wide situation as it is. Things can change and often do. We realise that. Heck in another few weeks we may not even have passenger flights going to the USA. We may be in another lockdown during a second spike who can say? I’m trying to keep positive ..

With the business with renewing my passport it looks like September is not going to happen after all even if they started allowing us back into the US, which is highly unlikely this year anyway. I've started planning to go next year instead although I plan to keep my reservation open right up until it comes to paying off the balance.

A bit late to the party; but I’ll just invite myself and join in ☺️

We had a trip planned earlier this year for my birthday.
Flights were cancelled (still not refunded)
Villa was all paid for (non refundable 😥)
Disney tickets refunded
Disney resort refunded
Car hire refunded
Airport hotel refunded
Airport parking refunded
Trip has not been rearranged.

we have another booking for late October which was booked.
taking a newbie.
attending mnsshp.
staying both onsite & in a villa.
Disney tickets all confirmed.
need to call regarding October/November resort stays-
Can’t modify 2 on manage my booking
Want to alter number of days on ddp booking

flying with va from Manchester; I need to know for my sanity if they are ceasing flights from man?!
leaving the country; will it be possible?

I really, really want to go -
Even with all the limitations.
If we can’t travel safely though; we can’t go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!