Island Tower at Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Since we now have more details about the Island Tower at PVB, let’s start a new thread about it, including sales starting, pricing, room info and more!

One thing that is surprising to me is no GV. While I had already decided to not buy, this missing piece helps me to confirm it’s not a good fit over VGf for an MK area home resort!

I, for one, am a fan.

I never thought I would say this, based on how much I hated the exterior concept art.

But as with Riviera and Gran Destino, I think Disney is once again proving that they can take otherwise generic, functional architecture and breath life and magic into it. Please take my money.

Agree the lack of GVs is a surprise, but I wouldn’t realistically be booking at GV there anyway so does not put me off.

The 2br penthouses sound intriguing, but will no doubt be equal to cabins or bungalow points (if not more, especially if they have stunning firework views).

My guess for starting price is $249 before any incentives.

Any thoughts on how many “penthouse 2BRs”?

Seems like half would be lagoon view and half standard view.

I still think we will see it start at VDH, base $239 with incentives…even though it will be a 40 year vs 50 year contract.
I think with the amount of pent up demand for the tower, which is clear across all social media platforms and must be obvious to Disney, they will cash in and raise the base price on this despite the shorter contract length. I mean, I hope they don’t, as I would live to buy some non-restricted direct points… but we will see!

I liked it before and now like it even more.

I don’t think I’ll buy there, but if availability allows me in the future I’ll definitely stay here.

At this moment I want (don’t need lol) 100-150 points more and I’m going to wait to see if reflections finally happens as that’s what I really want.

I am excited to try it. We considered waiting to by direct until the new tower was built but we spent all of our dvc money last summer on VGF. Hope I don't regret it.

I think it looks nice. I tend to like all Disney resorts for what they are. I tend to like the original Poly the least out of the Mk resorts, so I am happy that the tower looks modern, bright and airy inside. I didn't love our stay at the original Poly as much as I thought I would due to the tiny elevators and overall darkness.

I am a super stalker when it comes to finding availability, plus we like split stays so I can't wait for bookings to open for points. I am ready to start stalking!

I am a bit afraid of the points charts but we do short stays which should give me plenty of points to play with.

While we liked it before, the lobby renderings look amazing! IMO, this feels like the completion of PVB. However, they could have been more creative with the name.

Lobby concept art for Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
Concept art for Island Tower at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows

Looks terrific.

Some balconies are glass and some are metal? Guessing that’s one differentiator for the “penthouses.”

Now, about those amenities………

The timeline on this seems so weird. Booking already begins next month??? Also, sort of irks me that dvc members are the last to get the opportunity to book using points…

I’m really interested to see what the rooms will look like! Still torn on whether I’ll add on here or call it a day on the points I have and use the money for cruising.

Kind of sad that the speculation thread is closed, feels like the end of an era …

Anyway, I think I’m with @Sandisw and the starting cost will be $239/pt with so-so incentives, kind of like the initial round of incentives for the cabins. I also think we might see sales start with the start of the next incentive cycle at the end of June.

I’m a little sad they’re giving priority to cash bookings. I get it but hopefully they’ll be some leftover for early next year. I’d love to switch my VGF booking for marathon weekend to the new tower!

Also very surprised they’re doubling down on a December opening! I for sure thought it would be delayed by a month or two- happy DVD is attempting to abide with their timelines, it’s a rare thing nowadays.

The timeline on this seems so weird. Booking already begins next month??? Also, sort of irks me that dvc members are the last to get the opportunity to book using points…
Didn’t they do the same thing with VDH?

DVC and AP booking cash first. Everyone booking cash. Later when they started selling points, they allowed DVC point bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter