Islands of Adventure

Lacey73

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
Islands of Adventure, what is it? I'm starting to plan what the two of us would like to do each day and I am unfamiliar with this park.
Any info would be great. Would 2 adults like it? Is it in the park? Overall reviews?
Thanks Disney fans!

-Lacey

IOA is not a Disney park; it's at Universal, one of its two parks. It's a great park in terms of theming and rides. It's only a couple years old. Well worth a visit, though it lacks the "Disney magic".

Hi, Lacey73:

If you look to the top of this page you will notice a pulldown menu that says "-Theme Park Info-"

On the menu, click on "Islands of Adventure" and you'll get a summary of the highlights of this incredible park.

Yes, two adults will enjoy this park. There are plenty thrill rides and water rides, plus shows and tamer rides for the more timid.

Highlights are Spiderman, Jurassic Park, The Hulk, Dueling Dragons, The Cat in the Hat and it's signature restaurant Mythos.

Hope that helps! and

Although I agree that IOA lacks the Disney magic... I would still STORNGLY recommend a day at IOA! Especially if the two of you enjoy rides!! This park was designed by Steven Speilburg - so it is not to shabby by any means! It is themed very nicely I might add, to 6 different sections.

The Jurrasic Park section is just way too cool if you are a fan like I am of the movies...be sure to get on the RIVER ADVENTURE RIDE.

The Toon Lagoon area has DUDLEY DOORIGHT'S RIPSAW FALLS - this one is a lot of fun - woo hoo!!

Marvel Super Hero Island is the MUST of the park - specifically for one attraction - THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF SPIDERMAN - this ride ALWAYS has an enormous wait - but OH MY is it worth it!!! Actually when Speilburg 'thought up' this attraction - the builders told him he was crazy and that the technology of it was 5 years ahead of our time...well Speilburg pushed them and voila - here it is!! Im not saying anything else about this attraction because I REFUSE to ruin it for ANYONE!

The park also offers two AWESOME rollercoasters - THE HULK (as in the incredible hulk) and DUELING DRAGONS...

There is lots more stuff to do - but those I have mentioned should be at the top of your 'to do' list.

You can go to universalstudios.com then click on Theme Parks/Orlando and then Island of Adventure for more info on this great park!

Enjoy!
Christine

I agree with Chris...if you like this kind of park, IOA is a must see. It's true, it doesn't have the SAME kind of magic as a Disney park, but that's because it really is a different type of park. Theming is exceptional there. The only complaint I would have is, if you have kids under the age of 10, there's not a lot to do for them.

And yes, there's nothing like Spiderman...

I am 46 years old. Love it but I am a theme park fanatic.

As a long time WDW attendee, My opinion is that US/IOA has surpassed WDW in many respects. They have covered parking, moving sidewalks, and a great entertainment district in Citywalk. Personally, I think IOA has much better rides than any of the WDW parks. They are more intense and there are alot of them! Make sure you schedule an absolute minimum of 2 days for US/IOA. My next trip, I'm doing three days (or maybe four?) at US/IOA.

Robinrs, thanks for pointing out that drop down menu, and everyone else I appreciate the feedback!

:) :) :) :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter