It’s Just for the Children: A Halloween on the High Seas Adventure

Part Five Continued: It’s Just for the Children

After our Aquaduck fun we reunited with A who was half asleep on a lounge chair near the adults only pool. We decided to have a drink at the bar while hanging out on the stools that are partly in the water at the adults only pool. This seemed like a very vacation-y thing to do. K and I had the drink of the day which was the “Spooky Juice.”
Spooky juice by Emily, on Flickr

I remember it being fruity and kind of strong. A got the non-alcoholic drink of the day which according to the nagivator was called a “Franken Fusion Colada” which A described like an orange creamsicle with raspberry flavor.
Pumpkin smoothie by Emily, on Flickr

We all enjoyed our drinks and I was tall enough to dip my feet in the water while sitting on the stool (A and K sadly were not). After we finished our drinks we headed back to the room to get ready for Halloween.

I had been on one previous Halloween cruise before. It was a seven night and Halloween had its own night. We somehow managed to totally miss it was even a Halloween cruise and did not bring costumes. We also had not really participated in any of the Halloween activities. Apparently on a three night cruise Halloween and pirate night are one and the same. This time around we knew they had trick or treating on the ship. I had read references to it in various places online. What we couldn’t find info on was if adults allowed to trick or treat.

We assumed that since we paid our cruise faire if we showed up in costumes with smiles on our faces and held out our hands that they would give us candy. We knew from reading online that there were some kind of treat bags handed out by housekeeping. We did not receive one the night before (assuming this is because we had no children in our stateroom). We got ready for trick or treating in our Disney costume finest. We were hoping that we could catch our stateroom hostess prior to heading up to ask for treat bags but couldn’t find her. Trick or treating and Mickey’s Mouse-querade party happened on deck 11 at 4:45. After getting all princessed-up we headed up there. The party was in full swing on the stage and we joined a trick or treat line (there were multiple stations around deck 11). We did not have bags to hold candy. Perhaps we should have brought our own. We reached the front of the line and I smiled and asked the cast member “Are there extra bags?” and she gave a curt smile and replied “It’s just for the children.”

So we gave up and walked away dejected. We mercilessly mocked this girl and then argued that we do in fact have a child in our party, she just hasn’t been born yet. We got an ice cream to soothe ourselves. They had strawberry and banana on this day. Strawberry is my favorite so I felt instantly better. I think we headed to the stateroom to regroup (and possibly also drink some of the wine that we brought to make ourselves feel better. A obviously did not partake). We decided to try and get a picture with Halloween Mickey so our costume efforts were not a waste.

I snapped this while heading up to deck 4 to get our Mickey picture.
Pumpkin tree 3 by Emily, on Flickr

The tree starts out pumpkin-less and the pumpkins “bloom” at some point. We also missed this activity. I also got a picture of Admiral Donald with no one around him
Admiral Donald by Emily, on Flickr

We got in line and waited what was probably like ten minutes but felt like forever. Mickey then LEAVES and we start to panic because we are getting close to show time. Beauty and the Beast was this night, this was one of our childhood favorites and none of us had seen this show before. Thankfully a few minutes later Mickey is back! We got our picture and at least have evidence that we made an effort.
Costumes good by Emily, on Flickr

We were late to the show at this point so we headed to the balcony level. We found seats together after a little effort but arrived a few minutes after the show had started. I really enjoyed the show. It is definitely based off of the new live-action Beauty and the Beast vs. the animated version but I adored that version too so I loved it. My only complaint was that “Evermore”, the new song from the live-action version, was not included, as that is one of my favorites.
Performance guide BB songs by Emily, on Flickr

After the show is over K turned to me and said the line that almost became the title of this trip report. She turned and said “I think the man next to me needed a diaper change” with a deadpan face. We started DYING. I guess he was having some GI distress and was emitting a lot of sounds and smells. A and I must have been far enough away not to have to experience it. We laughed about this for the rest of the cruise. I am still laughing now thinking about it :rotfl:

We headed back to the room to get ready for Palo! I had been to dinner and brunch before but K and A had never been. We took some pictures of the sunset and what we think might have been a submarine but this is not our area of expertise by far.
Sunset by Emily, on Flickr

Sunset 2 by Emily, on Flickr

Submarine by Emily, on Flickr

K modeled her beautiful Belle dress.
Belle sunset by Emily, on Flickr

Sven looked like he was going to jump.
Don't jump! by Emily, on Flickr

The towel dog looked like he was defecating our chocolate coins. We did not take a picture of this because we did not see the humor in it.
Towel dog Sat night by Emily, on Flickr

We got ready and wanted to take a few pictures before our 8pm Palo reservation of us in our fancy-ware!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!