It all starts with WISH journal...my health journey to my 1st 10k FEB 2016

leshunlenese

DIS Veteran
A snippet of my post today"
"So as crazy as it sounds, I registered for the princess 10k this morning. It is crazy because I am not a runner. I walk with my mom in the mornings but that just started 3 weeks ago and usually we only walk two miles. In my training process, I hope to become overall more healthy. Working in healthcare, I see all these limbs cut off and other health problems and I am just about 200 pounds at 29 and I do not want to be looking like these sick people! So getting healthy and running at 10k in Disney where my heart is most days! So i am just going to use Jeff Galloway's training unless someone can recommend another training program more for a non runner I would be so grateful! Thank you!"

This is all very much true! I registered and just started walking with my mom this month and I am ready to become a better healthy person1 I never admit it and most people actually think I am not but I am just about 200 pounds. I wear black to hide it all. First my goal is to continue my morning walks and eat more healthy. It will start tomorrow because I had McDonald's already today. I know i can do with out that stuff because at one point I stop eating there and did not go for months. My real problem the worst is PEPSI!! I seriously think I an addicted to sodas, especially pepsi! I need to break of with it as easy as possible. I have at least 3 20 oz bottles a day. Bad for my health, teeth, and kidneys. I have tried the not buying any but I get a craving and I end up just driving to nearest store for a bottle. So I will start with a smaller goal! Try to only have one one bottle a day! lol I sound like a alcoholic! I assure it it is really soda not alcohol i drink!

I read your post in the Princess Half thread -you can totally do the 10K! You will love it...such a fun course.

I'm with you on the pop addiction, but for me it was Coke. I've gotten myself down to 1-2 8 ounce bottles per week.

Happy training!! :)

I read your post in the Princess Half thread -you can totally do the 10K! You will love it...such a fun course.

I'm with you on the pop addiction, but for me it was Coke. I've gotten myself down to 1-2 8 ounce bottles per week.

Happy training!! :)

I like coke to cherry coke to be exact. only per a week that is pretty good!

One bottle a day is a great place to start!

Thanks I am going to try!

July 1, 2015.
So yesterday was day one, when I decided to make some changes. Well i actually did ok with the soda. instead of 3-4 bottles I had one and a half yesterday! but i ate more junk food. It was like I needed chocolate to replace the soda. Hopefully today will be better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!