It can be done on a budget, even with three 2 year olds.

LGTripletdad

Earning My Ears
Just returned from a spending a week at Disney with three 2 year olds. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip. We stayed off site at the Buena Vista Suites, got a two-room suite with a fridge and microwave for $ 55. a night. The Hotel did have a full hot buffet for breakfast but the variety was poor and so was the food quality. DW and I ate it two mornings but the boys did better with the usual french toast sticks, cini-mini's, and sausage patties from Burger King. The hotel offered comp. shuttle to Disney but the times were so infrequent we decided to drive, something that proved much more valuable than the six dollars spent to park. When we were ready to go, we went. Got two PH passes at the Florida Mall store, got two $ 50. GC but weren’t allowed to exchange for DD. We rented a double stroller for $ 15. A day which would have served its purpose but one child thought it was just for him, also, not really wide enough to accommodate three kids but we hardly got all three seated at one time anyway. Make sure to return stroller to get $ 1.00 DD back. Each day we carried in a bag full of snacks; bananas, oranges, fig, apple, and strawberry newtons, Two 20 oz Cokes which I bought at Pulix 6 pack for $ 2.50, $ 2.50 each in the parks, and instant kool-aid which mixed up nicely with cold water from the parks fountains. Make sure to carry with you suckers too they always seem to make a bad situation better. Security is checking bags but never questioned our bag full of goodies. I am here to say, Don’t buy gas near the parks, Don’t but Groceries near the parks, and Definitely Don’t but souvenirs near the parks. We made the mistake of going in one of these shops and had to carry out three crying boys over plastic Mickey plates selling for $ 7.00, we went to Wal-Mart and got a three piece plate set for $ 9.00. Also, Eckerd was selling Mickey and Minnie sippers for $ 7.50, Wal-mart’s were $ 4.50. Boy do I love Wal-Mart. We had a great trip, the boys still talk about the monorail, definitely ask to ride up front, limit of four though. We are definitely planning to go back soon. I know this should have been in the trip reports board but this was truly my main source for information. I’ll gladly answer any questions you may have.

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Your right suckers do seem to make some situations better. I'll be sure to pack a lot for the kids 2,3,5. Thanks for the report!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: 19 more days:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

WOW sounds like you had your hands full but managed a great memorable affordable trip anyways! Thanks for your report!

I'm so glad that you had a good time. We always budget carefully, but still do everything that we want. You just have to do your homework.

thanks for the tip of not going to the grocery store near wdw i guess i will buy my snacks and stuff here .
we are also planning on takeing in backpacks with snacks.
i do have a question is your bags checked at every park every day ? I hope this dont take a long time.
glad to hear ya had a good time.
wdw for me dec 11 to 21st

Yes unfortunately they do slow you down by checking every bag, every park. This was especially frustrating after leaving the MK after fireworks at 6:10pm and going to Epcot and trying to take in attractions that close at 7pm. That was really the only time I felt the lines were out of hand. Otherwise the lines move quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter