It finally happened - Room not Ready.

That may be what they told you, but that doesn't make it an acceptable response. As the owners, we have rights in this matter. There are times I have been at Disney and on the day I arrive, I hit a park for fireworks. I don't get back until 10pm. I don't care if my room is ready at 4 or 6. I have also arrived at 10am and gotten a text on the ME bus to the resort that my room was ready! (At a guess, they didn't have that room filled the night before). One time my room was not ready until almost 8pm (and I was wanting to use it at that time).

But bottom line is that in an industry where the norm is 2-3pm, 4pm is already pushing it. If they say on their website that checkin is after 4, the expectation is ANYTIME after 4 is acceptable for you to checkin. It's not acceptable to have them give you your room at 11:59pm and still charge you for the night.

Remember that they can SAY whatever they want, but at the end of the day, they answer to us, as we are the owners.
Not sure why this is even being debated. When they say "check-in after 4pm" that indicates the room WILL be ready by 4pm and check-in at anytime there after will be acceptable to them. I am surprised to hear as many instances of this being problem at Disney as I can't think of us ever having it occur. In any case a person should be compensated in some way if Disney does not uphold their end of the "bargain" ..... jus sayin

Not sure why this is even being debated. When they say "check-in after 4pm" that indicates the room WILL be ready by 4pm and check-in at anytime there after will be acceptable to them. I am surprised to hear as many instances of this being problem at Disney as I can't think of us ever having it occur. In any case a person should be compensated in some way if Disney does not uphold their end of the "bargain" ..... jus sayin

So I will say this. The once or twice it happened to me, it was resolved fairly quickly with a manager. Never got compensated (nor did I ever ask for any). But they found me a different room that was ready, or the problem was communication with mousekeeping (it was cleaned, but never released). So I have not really had a serious problem with it other than a minor irritation.

Why it's being debated is that there are some on here who are willing to make too many excuses for Disney, forgetting that we are not only guests, but we are owners.

So I will say this. The once or twice it happened to me, it was resolved fairly quickly with a manager. Never got compensated (nor did I ever ask for any). But they found me a different room that was ready, or the problem was communication with mousekeeping (it was cleaned, but never released). So I have not really had a serious problem with it other than a minor irritation.

Why it's being debated is that there are some on here who are willing to make too many excuses for Disney, forgetting that we are not only guests, but we are owners.

I am with you and that if the rooms can’t be ready by 4, then they need to adjust things to ensure they are. Emergencies happen, people check out late , etc. and on those rare occasions, it could cause a late room ready.

But, I will always share my disappointment with either the manager and member satisfaction. While I have been fortunate to be offered small tokens for the delay...even after I refused it..it doesn’t change that they should hear that,

Maybe, it would help to go back to releasing rooms that are ready when guests get there, even if it means less requests are granted?

i know there are times I won’t arrive until later and make sure online check in reflects that so They know we won’t be there until later,

I wonder how many times this happens on the cash side of things in relation to DVC? I can tell you that we never got rooms late when paying cash At WDW or any other hotel I have stayed at.

I wonder how many times this happens on the cash side of things in relation to DVC? I can tell you that we never got rooms late when paying cash At WDW or any other hotel I have stayed at.
I travel quite a bit and it happens a lot.
On the cash side of disney we've had it happen. For me, the online check in is huge perk along with magical express. I don't even have to go to the room after arriving in Florida, I can wherever I want and plan accordingly. To a certain extent, I'm surprised they don't make a direct to park magical express route.

Once bottleneck for DVC is the multiple room types. That leaves a pretty small pool relatively speaking to block a room for an arriving guest. Many hotels assign your room on check in, which allows the flexibility to put the guest in front of you in the first available clean room.
While disney can assign on arrival, they do pre-block rooms. They even have an option on your online check in to indicate it's more important to check in early/on time than to get your room request.
That being said, if they publish a time, they should be trying to hit it. That also means people need to be good about checking out on time, and letting the desk know you are out of the room....or even as you walk by the housekeeper in the hall as you go by let them know your room number and that it's empty.
If it's important to be in your room on time, call that in for a request, and expect to go to the desk when you arrive regardless of whether you received a text and let them know you are here and your preference above all else is to get into your room. While the rooms are pre-assigned, they can still move some around within the correct category. However, don't think that get you some sort of upgrade.

Disney does not have a surplus of housekeeping help, so don't expect the standard to improve much unless wages and conditions make it the best housekeeping job in the area. Those wages end up in our dues. So it's all intertwined. If they had the staff, they'd be doing daily housekeeping and forcing a charge for it down your throat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!