It must be slow?????????

mickey2000

Pin trader
I will be there for a week starting 7/6. I just made my reservation two days ago . There were many open flights with USAIR ( prime times). I was able to get great flight times. Every resort also had open rooms. Never before have I been able to go so easily at the last minute during a holiday. It must be the economy, or very slow at the parks?:earsboy:

Hey Mickey2000, I don't know either, but I hope it means smaller crowds for us!!! :crowded:

The parks and WDW in general is the busiest it's been in 4 years. You may have just gotten lucky.

How low were the airfares coming in for the week after the fourth? On or about the sixth the fares are generally high leaving Orlando.

Since so many people are leaving around the time you are arriving, I never realized that resorts would be sold out that week after although parks are generally crowded all summer long(?).

The economy was depressed for the past three years.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Every park has been slammed. They are saying that they are finally at and even above the pre September 11 attendance. Expect to see lines everywhere. The only thing that I can think of is people are staying off site and saving a little money that way.

RT airline tickets from PHL were only $153 each
PHL to MCO 7:00 AM
MCO to PHL 6:55 PM

Alamo midsize car $199

I thought they were great prices for a last minute trip made on 6/22.

I don't know about July, but we just got back a couple of days ago and the crowds were huge. This was our fourth trip in four years, and our third trip at the same time of year, and the crowds were much bigger than we've ever seen.

We just returned from our third trip in early June and this year's crowds were HUGE compared to the last two years. There were people EVERYWHERE. We commented several times on this visit that we were definitely spoiled the last two years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter