IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

There’s lots to do at AKV to occupy a week, let alone a day :)

Millennium Falcon ride is good fun, akin to an interactive video game.

ROTR is all that and a bag of chips! My expectations are always set ridiculously high when any park rolls out a new attraction. Let’s just say I didn’t swing hard enough imagining how ROTR would be set up. Not once but twice was I utterly dumb-struck by the illusions. Still can’t get over it.

There’s lots of hoop jumping & greeting of the dawn to experience it at this point in time. IMO time well spent the two times I was fortunate to experience it. For those who are accustomed to ROTL via onsite at Universal, well, it could invoke a different experience no matter if fans of the franchise or not.

One of the things I do like is how it’s set up now to obtain a boarding group in order to ride. All guests who enter the park on any given day (locals, onsite guests, etc.) currently have the same chance to score a boarding group as long as they do a bit of research and follow the hints. Once the SW hotel opens up with it’s immersive experience, hate to think it will impact the availability of current time slots.

he raised his arms and bellowed or whatever wookie things do 🥴 I screamed and took off like a bat out of hell......I could really run back then
Aw, he just wanted to share some Wookiee luv, via a hug. Are you sure you don’t have a picture to share? Heck, turn that encounter into a tour and it’d set you back a couple of hundred $ to be so up close & personal these days.

There’s lots to do at AKV to occupy a week, let alone a day :)

Millennium Falcon ride is good fun, akin to an interactive video game.

ROTR is all that and a bag of chips! My expectations are always set ridiculously high when any park rolls out a new attraction. Let’s just say I didn’t swing hard enough imagining how ROTR would be set up. Not once but twice was I utterly dumb-struck by the illusions. Still can’t get over it.

There’s lots of hoop jumping & greeting of the dawn to experience it at this point in time. IMO time well spent the two times I was fortunate to experience it. For those who are accustomed to ROTL via onsite at Universal, well, it could invoke a different experience no matter if fans of the franchise or not.

One of the things I do like is how it’s set up now to obtain a boarding group in order to ride. All guests who enter the park on any given day (locals, onsite guests, etc.) currently have the same chance to score a boarding group as long as they do a bit of research and follow the hints. Once the SW hotel opens up with it’s immersive experience, hate to think it will impact the availability of current time slots.

Aw, he just wanted to share some Wookiee luv, via a hug. Are you sure you don’t have a picture to share? Heck, turn that encounter into a tour and it’d set you back a couple of hundred $ to be so up close & personal these days.

Now, the Star Wars hotel may pique his interest......even I think that will be something special.....although in my mind I’m picturing the Enterprise from Star Trek Next Generation......I know it’s not, but how I imagine it. ROTR does sound amazing but just not enough for him to want to go.....although you do make it sound fun!!!

Well, it was in 1992 so cameras were real.....the ones we had to get developed.....gosh remember those days!!!! But, we just didn’t take the same amount of pictures back then, and me running away I’d probably have the camera in my bag........yes, experiences like that are priceless.

We have thousands of pictures up in the attic all in boxes.....must get them down and have a rumble through. Will take forever I imagine!!

No March trip??? :scared1: You should try it at least once!!! I've heard March is warmer than December!!! :rolleyes1

We visited during March in 2018 and 2019. And we did have fun on both trips, MG was fun, but not as big a draw for us as things like HHN and Christmas.....

But, some nights and mornings in March were just a little too cool for us.....🥶🥶 We don’t want to be wearing jackets on our trips.

So instead of going for 14 nights in March, then 14 nights in May again.....we extended our May trip to 23 nights. Would have been a few nights longer but a close friends daughter is getting married a few days after we get home now, and I’ve known this young lady since she was days old, so couldn’t miss her wedding.

Don’t laugh I did try to convince her to have it in Florida so we could see them married then fly home......lol......she declined my kind advice.....:rotfl:

We visited during March in 2018 and 2019. And we did have fun on both trips, MG was fun, but not as big a draw for us as things like HHN and Christmas.....

So instead of going for 14 nights in March, then 14 nights in May again.....we extended our May trip to 23 nights. Would have been a few nights longer but a close friends daughter is getting married a few days after we get home now, and I’ve known this young lady since she was days old, so couldn’t miss her wedding.
You will better weather in May than in March
And, crowds will be less

You have been at the Darkside for most of all months in the year

I always found May to be great

The big question I have, which new eateries are you going to try this year?

You will better weather in May than in March
And, crowds will be less

You have been at the Darkside for most of all months in the year

I always found May to be great

The big question I have, which new eateries are you going to try this year?

Oh absolutely agree with you......May is fabulous!! This will be our third May in a row and we’ve enjoyed the weather a lot during our time there.

You know us so well!!! We always like to wander off site for many of our meals, and we may have one or two lined up for May, and as always a few old favourites........there’s a couple on Sand Lake Rd we’d like to visit. Main one is Roy’s and the other is a sushi place we haven’t tried yet. But, of course there are so many, we are spoiled for choice!!!

Also looking at a few new towns to visit.......may finally get to visit Sarasota.....:thumbsup2

Oh absolutely agree with you......May is fabulous!! This will be our third May in a row and we’ve enjoyed the weather a lot during our time there.

You know us so well!!! We always like to wander off site for many of our meals, and we may have one or two lined up for May, and as always a few old favourites........there’s a couple on Sand Lake Rd we’d like to visit. Main one is Roy’s and the other is a sushi place we haven’t tried yet. But, of course there are so many, we are spoiled for choice!!!

Also looking at a few new towns to visit.......may finally get to visit Sarasota.....:thumbsup2
Oh if you head down that direction be sure to check out Anna Maria Island! There are some fabulous places on the beach (I adored the Sandbar restaurant). Plus there is an awesome little customize your donut place where you can choose the frosting and toppings on these little cake donuts fresh out of the fryer.

Oh if you head down that direction be sure to check out Anna Maria Island! There are some fabulous places on the beach (I adored the Sandbar restaurant). Plus there is an awesome little customize your donut place where you can choose the frosting and toppings on these little cake donuts fresh out of the fryer.

Oh I do like the sound of that.

It does look so beautiful down there and yes I do know Anna Maria Island. Friends have gone and said it’s so beautiful. I’ve heard of the Sandbar restaurant........

We do keep meaning to go further down that way, but, end up not going where we plan......lol......we do that a lot!!

But, thanks for the tip.....always good to hear suggestions.......hope you’re doing ok......:wave2:

Sorry if I am off track asking here instead of sending you a pm (hate to get your thread off track) but is the next trip when you do the day at St Augustine?

Would enjoy pictures of that area if it is on your tentative plans

Sorry if I am off track asking here instead of sending you a pm (hate to get your thread off track) but is the next trip when you do the day at St Augustine?

Would enjoy pictures of that area if it is on your tentative plans

Yes, we do plan to visit St Augustine......you know how much we love it there and hopefully we can meet up with the lovely Jaxdad again.......we had a lovely meet with him last year after many visits and not managing to coordinate a meet......but, we get there eventually......

It is such a beautiful place to take pictures of........ :thumbsup2

Last edited:
I thought you stayed at RP regularly?
He is the GM of that hotel

Let’s move on about Schumi’s trip report
Hope they do include St Augustine in the next trip report ! It’s a fascinating city
Wish she was going sooner than May

Thank you mac.......

Oh I do! Why would that be something a guest would normally know?
Larry Beiderman’s name is written/signed on all the reservation confirmations

Since you have stayed at RP, I assume you have read your confirming bookings

I have asked you earlier to move on from changing the theme of this present trip report

Chit chat like this takes away readers away from the theme of the ongoing report

So, the big question is, will Tom pick up the mantle of the Chocolate Cake quest in honor of Kyle or will we have to wait until December to see that
yet again? Enquiring Minds need to know. :rotfl2: I'll miss the photo bombs but can't wait til the new report/trip starts.

Now I remember Schumi telling us in her pre trip report that her son loves chocolate cake and they planned to make sure Kyle has cake everyday

Some of us sent her a pm on places where they could get cake at RP hotel or in the parks for the many days for him
Parts of schumi’s reports is discussing food and I believe she asked all of us where can they surprise her son Kyle with chocolate cake
He Was getting cake each day and would photo bomb her pictures showing the cake he had

made all the readers laugh when we saw Kyle photo bomber her with cake in his hand

she wrote in the pre trip report they had to find all the places at UO to surprise her son
Schumi has told us she will not eat chocolate cake as it Is not her thing but needs to find it for her Kyle
Being the food mom she did take the family to eateries off site so she could surprise him with the cake he loved

believe quite a few answered her question and I assume Kyle had his chocolate most every day

Tink2day my guess is that Tom her husband will be the provider or the searcher for their 23 days of cake for Kyle on their May trip

with Carole/Schumigirl. She adores her son and told him he could have all
The chocolate cake he could eat as long as she did not have to eat any of it hahahahaha

She has already posted in this pressnt report Next trip in May Kyle will be joining them again
So that will be the trip of Kyle having 23 days of cake
Each trip she Shares with us is about food they must have, new places they will go to in Florida and the peeps they meet

trips are fun to share with your friends
And it gives us ideas where to go for the best chocolate cake
Lol

Tink2 day you will have to keep reading her reports on how she tops the next trip for son in the May vacation in three search for choc cake

So, the big question is, will Tom pick up the mantle of the Chocolate Cake quest in honor of Kyle or will we have to wait until December to see that
yet again? Enquiring Minds need to know. :rotfl2: I'll miss the photo bombs but can't wait til the new report/trip starts.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Thank you.....your post made me lol.......glad I wasn’t sipping tea!!!

I’m not sure Tom has the stomach for all those chocolate cakes......but will give it his best shot I‘m sure.....:laughing:....

Yep, come the Christmas trip Kyle will be looking to beat his record, which again won’t be too much of a challenge for him......I’m so glad we had a final count for this trip!!! :flower3:

I love the photobombs too!! I swear he did two and I never noticed until I uploaded them! We will definitely miss him on our May trip......thank you again Tink2Day....:wave2:

Larry Beiderman’s name is written/signed on all the reservation confirmations

Since you have stayed at RP, I assume you have read your confirming bookings

I have asked you earlier to move on from changing the theme of this present trip report

Chit chat like this takes away readers away from the theme of the ongoing report

Thank you again macraven........

Now I remember Schumi telling us in her pre trip report that her son loves chocolate cake and they planned to make sure Kyle has cake everyday

Some of us sent her a pm on places where they could get cake at RP hotel or in the parks for the many days for him
Parts of schumi’s reports is discussing food and I believe she asked all of us where can they surprise her son Kyle with chocolate cake
He Was getting cake each day and would photo bomb her pictures showing the cake he had

made all the readers laugh when we saw Kyle photo bomber her with cake in his hand

she wrote in the pre trip report they had to find all the places at UO to surprise her son
Schumi has told us she will not eat chocolate cake as it Is not her thing but needs to find it for her Kyle
Being the food mom she did take the family to eateries off site so she could surprise him with the cake he loved

believe quite a few answered her question and I assume Kyle had his chocolate most every day

Tink2day my guess is that Tom her husband will be the provider or the searcher for their 23 days of cake for Kyle on their May trip

with Carole/Schumigirl. She adores her son and told him he could have all
The chocolate cake he could eat as long as she did not have to eat any of it hahahahaha

She has already posted in this pressnt report Next trip in May Kyle will be joining them again
So that will be the trip of Kyle having 23 days of cake
Each trip she Shares with us is about food they must have, new places they will go to in Florida and the peeps they meet

trips are fun to share with your friends
And it gives us ideas where to go for the best chocolate cake
Lol

Tink2 day you will have to keep reading her reports on how she tops the next trip for son in the May vacation in three search for choc cake

I love this post!!!

Yes, Kyle‘s chocolate cake habit has certainly been a running theme through this trip report........lol........that boy does love his cake!!! I’m so glad Tink2Day kept score as we lost count early on......

Yes, it’s so weird I don’t like it.......they both love it......but nope, not for me.......give me savoury snacks any day!

And yes, we’ll miss his photobombs in May.....but again, I’m sure he’ll find a few opportunities in December........and I think I found a new place for a new chocolate cake.

I can’t remember the poster but she sent me a pm telling me about the chocolate cake dessert at PF Chang’s.........got to be worth a try for the Holiday trip with Kyle....

Again, I’m so glad you enjoyed all the aspects of the trip report......I always enjoy reading your comments along the way......:wave2:

Just finished Carole’s lovely trip report ....... always a little sad when it finishes. It‘s such a wonderful read....... with amazing pictures and commentary. I‘m so looking forward to our trip - 10 days in August/September. Carole has given us some great suggestions for dining and......Hagrid’s will be our first ride!!!
Can’t wait for your next report!:flower:
Brenda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts