IT`S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE...COCKTAILS, STEAKS AND CAKES..11 JOLLY HOLIDAY NIGHTS @ RPR-DEC 2019

AP holders get preferred seating lol

you guys sure do enjoy a good, road trip :). Some people just travel (very) well

An AP holder area with preferred seating..........:rotfl:love it!!!

We do love to travel around. And when folks ask us why we keep going back to the same place....visit after visit after visit.....I tell them there’s always somewhere new to visit every time. As well as all the places we already love.

We’ve visited everywhere else in the world we want to visit, except maybe Banff.....I‘d love to go there. But, everywhere else we‘ve done it and several places we’d never go back to......quite a few actually!

We will make California and Maine at some point.......::yes::

I thought we had to be at our best in front of such greatness........or do we....?!??!??!

lol......nah.....couple of cocktails and a set of fabulous 80`s music and all bets are off!!!! We can party all night....well, maybe till midnight as I am 51 now......no wait, I`m 52......heck!!! Had to think about that...….. :rotfl: I wish I was still 35!!!!

Parties at our home are the best!!!!!

(but, I do struggle with untidiness, so no peanut shells :duck:)

lol......nah.....couple of cocktails and a set of fabulous 80`s music and all bets are off!!!! We can party all night....well, maybe till midnight as I am 51 now......no wait, I`m 52......heck!!! Had to think about that...….. :rotfl: I wish I was still 35!!!!

Parties at our home are the best!!!!!

(but, I do struggle with untidiness, so no peanut shells :duck:)

I thought 52 was the new 35!!! :thumbsup2

Tell that young fellow Tom I said hello also!!!

I'll have to settle for the middle row.....I'm dangerous with food in a theater (or trip report) reference the popcorn throwing.

When I was around 18 my friend and I went to the movies in an actual theater. She worked at a KFC and got free food at the end of her shift, so we snuck our food in since we were poor college students. Well we were watching some Steve McQueen action movie (not my favorite genre) and when a car chase or shooting or something happened it startled me and my drumstick went flying at the movie screen!! Thank goodness I broke my cardinal rule of never eating drumsticks because it was barely noticeable, just imagine if it would have been a large chicken breast. :rotfl:You wouldn't want a bucket of chicken coming at you through the computer screen. :rotfl2:
That trauma could be why I don't like KFC. As for RHPS, my other friend adores the movie and always went to see it at the theater, dressed up and joined with the rest of the audience. I was always too shy to go with her.....

p.s. You MUST go to Banff! It was one of the most spectacular places I have ever visited. I was quite young but remember every minute of time there....even though I do try to forget my two encounters with bears on the road trip through Yosemite up to Canada and then back through Yellowstone to home. Subsequently I'm not much of a camper....🤮

Last edited:
I'll have to settle for the middle row.....I'm dangerous with food in a theater (or trip report) reference the popcorn throwing.

When I was around 18 my friend and I went to the movies in an actual theater. She worked at a KFC and got free food at the end of her shift, so we snuck our food in since we were poor college students. Well we were watching some Steve McQueen action movie (not my favorite genre) and when a car chase or shooting or something happened it startled me and my drumstick went flying at the movie screen!! Thank goodness I broke my cardinal rule of never eating drumsticks because it was barely noticeable, just imagine if it would have been a large chicken breast. :rotfl:You wouldn't want a bucket of chicken coming at you through the computer screen. :rotfl2:
That trauma could be why I don't like KFC. As for RHPS, my other friend adores the movie and always went to see it at the theater, dressed up and joined with the rest of the audience. I was always too shy to go with her.....

p.s. You MUST go to Banff! It was one of the most spectacular places I have ever visited. I was quite young but remember every minute of time there....even though I do try to forget my two encounters with bears on the road trip through Yosemite up to Canada and then back through Yellowstone to home. Subsequently I'm not much of a camper....🤮

lol.......so funny with the chicken!!!! If it happens again......I like spicy chicken......:duck: ::yes::

Banff has always had an appeal for me since I was a kid, not sure why. Although I do have some family scattered around there.....we’re so close I have no idea if they’re still even there.....lol.....

Although we did see a sign for bears in Florida for the first time last year......I was so busy worrying about alligators I never gave bears a thought!!!

And you had two encounters with bears :scared1: These places like Yosemite and Yellowstone always sound so lovely, but.........bears!!!

Camping in anyway shape or form is not for me. Tom is the same.....we like our luxuries and comforts......when we met I jokingly said the only stars I’d sleep under is five stars.....:rotfl:thankfully he felt the same way!!! Although some of those luxury RV’s do look like fun.....but I guess that’s not considered real camping.....lol......slumming in fields and tents.......no thanks.....five star hotels.....absolutely.......::yes::

Janet.....I`m howling with laughter!!!!! I had to Google what that is...….and yes, it`s a harmless popcorn......but Urban Dictionary has it as something rather different...….:rotfl::rotfl:
Nwahaha

Sleeping under the five stars? Good one :). glamping is oh-so trendy now. I never wrapped my head around that concept. we were tent campers all the way when kids were young.

Nwahaha

Sleeping under the five stars? Good one :). glamping is oh-so trendy now. I never wrapped my head around that concept. we were tent campers all the way when kids were young.

I think glamping might not be for me either......but I admire your bravery on real camping.......lol.......

Kyle went camping once with friends and their parents......he lasted one night......well, not even a full 24 hours......he is definitely an embodiment of his parents!!! He never asked to go camping again...... :rotfl:

We camped in tents....older, dumber brothers who thought they were pioneers or something (my oldest brother ended up actually hiking and camping in the wilderness all over America and Canada when he grew up...learned a lot from that one trip I guess). Mom's rule was a hotel every second night. That trip was a month long....needless to say no camping trips with Mom and I along after that one. Even though I was a great fisherman (Dad said it was because I had the patience of a Saint) and we went on day trips to fish, plus I loved to hike and climb mountains, was better at that than my second oldest brother....he was a disaster.
Mom also reminded me of the 3rd bear encounter of that trip, although that one was just raiding the campsite and it didn't involve me directly like the other two.......

Moral of the story: Don't let your 7 year old keep lifesaver candy under their pillow in the tent nor feed a bear candy through the window of the car. :scared1:😱
Especially when you have two older brothers who, when told to roll up the window by Mom, did so with my hand still out the window....and my oh so concerned Dad filming the whole thing on his old time movie camera.....We are quite the family.....you don't want to know what we got up to as kids.😨

My favorite parts of up North were all of British Columbia and Calgary.

Last edited:
We camped in tents....older, dumber brothers who thought they were pioneers or something (my oldest brother ended up actually hiking and camping in the wilderness all over America and Canada when he grew up...learned a lot from that one trip I guess). Mom's rule was a hotel every second night. That trip was a month long....needless to say no camping trips with Mom and I along after that one. Even though I was a great fisherman (Dad said it was because I had the patience of a Saint) and we went on day trips to fish, plus I loved to hike and climb mountains, was better at that than my second oldest brother....he was a disaster.
Mom also reminded me of the 3rd bear encounter of that trip, although that one was just raiding the campsite and it didn't involve me directly like the other two.......

Pioneers.....lol......I`ll bet he had a blast doing all that touring, that is brave. I think it is an amazing thing to be able to enjoy nature like that.....and fishing....I`ve never fished, ever......mainly because I don't like water! And where we used to live in Scotland when I was a kid was so beautiful with Lochs and little streams......lots of lovely fishing, but I never tried it. I`m such a wimp!!! Nor did I ever climb as I don't like heights...… I`m beginning to wonder what I did do as a child lol.…...:rotfl:

I think I mentioned before, all we had to worry about in Scotland was midges and wasps....maybe the odd grass snake or jelly fish.......certainly nothing like a bear!!! I just couldn't imagine.....

I finally made it through your fabulous trip report! As always, you knocked it out of the Parks! 🎢

It is so much fun to feel like we are there right along with you, and we know for the December reports there will be cake!

Looking forward to the next one, I believe we are due more lush drinks ;)

I finally made it through your fabulous trip report! As always, you knocked it out of the Parks! 🎢

It is so much fun to feel like we are there right along with you, and we know for the December reports there will be cake!

Looking forward to the next one, I believe we are due more lush drinks ;)

Glad to hear you enjoyed it so much.....

Oh I think there will be so much more cake in December.....lol....he has a challenge to beat now, and he is very competitive...... ::yes::

Yes, Sapphire Falls is coming up.....we are so looking forward to staying there again too......and oh yes,........I`m sure there will be many more cocktails since our favourite Strong Water Bar will be oh so handy......🍹🍸

Thank you for being so kind with your comments....I have loved reading them all......and will be so happy to see you again on the next one........:wave2:

Schumi....thank you for another amazing trip report!!!!! I'm going to go back through the pictures again and just enjoy. Lately our weather is just so cold, gross, windy and just BLAH!!! I have enjoyed each post and the pictures that Tom and you take, are simply amazing. Thank you for putting so much love and effort into your trip reports.

And PS...if you ever want to come to Banff....Stay in Calgary...it's only an hour drive to get to Banff instead of camping...and I will be your personal tour guide...and if your visiting Banff...you should just visit Jasper as well ( that's even closer to me ) as it is simply just a beautiful. Hopefully that entices you to make the trip here ( in the summer!!!! :flower:

Schumi....thank you for another amazing trip report!!!!! I'm going to go back through the pictures again and just enjoy. Lately our weather is just so cold, gross, windy and just BLAH!!! I have enjoyed each post and the pictures that Tom and you take, are simply amazing. Thank you for putting so much love and effort into your trip reports.

And PS...if you ever want to come to Banff....Stay in Calgary...it's only an hour drive to get to Banff instead of camping...and I will be your personal tour guide...and if your visiting Banff...you should just visit Jasper as well ( that's even closer to me ) as it is simply just a beautiful. Hopefully that entices you to make the trip here ( in the summer!!!! :flower:

Camping :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: It’s just not in my DNA.....:rotfl:

lol.......I quite liked the look of the Fairmont Banff Springs....and a couple of other nice hotels......friends of ours stayed at The Fairmont last year, actually year before now I think. Loved it!

Jasper looks lovely too......yes, if I was to visit Canada it would be there. I do have family near Quebec (forget where) but no real desire to go there. Banff has always just had something that appeals to me.....even if it is cold....lol......

Canada is the one country in the world we want to visit but haven’t....certainly there are other areas of America we want to visit, but doubt we’ll ever make it to Canada......sadly. We don‘t want to visit mainland Europe anymore......maybe Switzerland or Norway, but nowhere else.....seen enough over there. But if we do....I’ll give you a call.......

But, thank you so much......I’m so glad you enjoyed reading along......always glad to hear that. The pictures do take us back to a warmer and much sunnier place.....

Hope to see you on the next May trip report......coming along soon......:wave2:

Hi I am glad I finally got to read your report. I am so glad you had a great time with Kyle. I know how you feel I am always glad when the teens want to do something with us especially vacation.

I love your food reports and I am taking notes for when I move down there. Thanks for all the pics the parks are so lovely at Christmas, I can't wait to see them in person.

What a great thing they do with the "snow" I might have to check it out when we move down there, not that I will miss snow. I have seen enough in my life.

What great timing for the Hagrid's ride. Glad that Kyle gave it such a good review, we look forward to trying it. The renovations look really nice at RPR and we look forward to staying there one day.

Will look forward to your May trip report. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts