It Takes Two, Baby; a 2017 Flower and Garden dining report *NEW dining report!*

I some how got VERY behind on this thread!!!! I was way behind!

Ah, my beautiful School Bread. If you've never had this you are depriving yourself, unless like @ArielSRL you hate coconut (she's weird lol). The cardamom cream inside is heavenly and I love the mix of toasted and untoasted coconut on top.
Man, Cardamom Cream! now, I wish they made one without coconut on it! I am with @ArielSRL - no coconut for me or DH.

That's the Schofferhoffer pink grapefruit beer from Germany; quenched my thirst perfectly.
I think that is just it, it's so refreshing... The first trip we discovered the wondrous Grapefruit Beer, we drank so many. And wondered why we didn't feel all tipsy... WE came to find out it has a very low alcohol content.

No soup for me!
So, sad about the mushroom soup. I has asparagus soup once, that I would never in a million year think I would like. It was soo good. But I feel like you can only get those kinds of things are certain places...

The Gourmet Burger: with Land Lettuce, Tomato, House Pickles, Truffle Fries and Aioli:
I find it humorous that it is "land lettuce" What other kind of lettuce is there?

I had absolutely no idea this had cardamom cream in it, I just thought it was plain old custard filing.
Me too @kastoney! I just assumed it was vanilla custard with coconut on top. Makes more sense why people love it so.

Once again we took the boat over because when you're at the WL, why wouldn't you??
The boat really is the best! Such a nice way to start and end your days. It's prob the main reason why my DH loves the resort so much.

The picture looks kind of sad but I wasn't sad. I was happy, very happy to be eating all this sugar in the morning. Steve doesn't love sugar as much as I do but he was hungry so he chose the chocolate croissant which he'd never had there before and he liked it better than the cinnamon roll.
I seriously need to remember to ask for extra frosting next time!!! That poor chocolate croissant looks so sad next to that GIANT cinnamon roll! Funny, story Morgan thinks the Chocolate croissants at the starbucks on main street are the BEST because they warm them up and the chocolate is all melty. Little does she know that they are pretty much all the same..

See all the holes in the cabin? Some of you who are as young as I am may remember when this used to burn. You know, as in, "The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire! We don't need no water let the................" :D
I vaguely remember this... Maybe... Man, I wish they still had that, it would be way cooler.

hadn't actually found all the eggs: I was missing a couple stupid ones I was having trouble finding. But Steve found out you could cheat by going online and getting a picture of the completed map :rolleyes1 I didn't wanna do it guys, I didn't! But my patience was running out and I needed my prize:
Do they actually check?

OMG I was like a kid who just opened up an Atari on their birthday! Ahem, I mean, an Iphone on their birthday :o
So many comments.... so little time... I was WAY to excited for you when I saw this on Facebook at the time. My DH didn't get my excitement. And I love the Atari comment! I was more of a Nintendo for my birthday gal! But I get ya!

It wasn't bad, and it's definitely huge and more than enough to fill you up if you're feelin' a big hungry or even feelin' hangry.
We always stop in Germany, for you know Grapefruit Beer. And I always just look at those pretzels and think that they just don't look that exciting. There are sooooo many yummy treats in WS, why get that. But I TOTALLY get the picking the wrong food choice. I do the same thing, and have the same I am eating because I got it but I don't like it look. DH doesn't understand. He eats just about everything...

We'd also never stayed at AKV before just AKL. I took lots of pictures of our room, which was nice and on the 4th floor, but didn't have any type of animal view. We did have a nice view of the bus stop:
Did you feel like you were missing out by not having a savannah view? Animal Kingdom Lodge is on my bucket list. And I have told DH that when we do, we HAVE to have a Savannah View.

Our first plates were bowls; Steve tried the Seafood Gumbo. I can't find a detailed description of this anywhere and Steve isn't home at the moment, but I can tell you it had shrimp in it:

And thought this was great.
This is heaven in a bowl to me. Much like the Mulligatawny Soup that you had lots of. I think I ate a bowl of this as my "desert" the last time we went to BOMA! So good! I may have taken some brownies "to-go" in a napkin for later.

21 Jump Street, the series NOT THE MOVIE!!
Ha! I loved 21 Jump Street (the show NOT the movie) And seriously think Johnny Depp was one of my first crushes. You know the one that you don't really admit to...

My next plate which was after my 2nd bowl of Mulligatawny: more Strip-Loin with horseradish on the side, corn muffins that were called something a little different, and a salad that I swore was the Apple Jicama Salad but the picture seems to be missing apple so, your guess is as good as mine!

You can see this piece of meat is seriously on the rare side, too rare for me but I believe right up @kastoney's alley.
That meat is PERFECT!!! Morgan still talks about the meat at BOMA. She loves it red and so do I! I remotely remember loving that salad too when we were there. I usually stay away from salads at buffets. I feel like it's a waste of space in my tummy. But I think I really liked it. Basically I love just about everything at BOMA!

A QUICK TOUR REVIEW, BACK TO F&G WE GO AND DISMEETS, WHOO-HOO!
DAY 2 PART 1

One of the reasons we didn't do much else besides dinner on arrival night is because we had to be up and out super early today. We needed to be to the MK by 7:45 to check in for our Marceline to the Magic Kingdom Tour!
Steve was ready before me as usual so I made him sit on our balcony and check out the bus situation since we could watch the stops from our room. How early did the buses show up? He began watching around 6:40 and immediately saw buses pulling up and away for all 4 parks. We were out at the stop by 7 and a bus came 10 minutes later.
Here's where I was a total a$%. We'd done 2 tours previously and in both cases, had to be inside the park prior to opening to check in at a specific GS location. For this tour I was told we had to check in BY 7:45 for our 8am tour at the Town Theater on Main St. This made perfect sense based on our past tours. Park opening was 9. So we get there and it's 7:30 and I'm trying to get in; I go up to a CM with an Ipad and they check us in - yup, you're on there for the tour! Just go up to the CM at the gate and they'll let you in :thumbsup2 Still sounds A-OK to me! So I go to the arches to the right of the train station and push my way to the head of the crowd there, tell the CM manning the masses we need to check in by 7:45 for our tour and he tells us we can go in with everyone else at 8 :mad: Whatevs CM friend, you have no idea what you're doing. So over to the left we go, run our spiel - sure, you can go in at 8 when the park opens. D'oh! I was so mad! On our KTTK tour someone was actually turned away because they didn't check in until after the tour started. Have you guys figured out yet what I had not?

With the new opening procedure they no longer let people doing tours in any earlier than park guests, since everyone is let in just shy of 8 anyway and that's the earliest tour time. So I seriously gave those CM's some of my attitude (which I didn't really bring across here to you guys but believe me, it came across to them) for no reason. I felt like a reject as I walked in with everyone else at 8. I'm not as special as I thought I was!

Anyhoo we were there in time, checked in along with everyone taking any tour that morning, and got our name tags which I love:

I won't give away much about the tour but we enjoyed it. The other tours we've done are Keys To The Kingdom also at MK and the Undiscovered Futureworld tour over in Epcot. I would rate them in order of how we liked them like this:

1. Undiscovered Futureworld
1.5 KTTK
2. Marceline to the MK

Again we enjoyed Marceline and the 3 hours was a good length of time. You find out some really, really cool details and information about HM, do a little "behind the scenes" there, find out some cool stuff about CoP. Our guide was awesome and with any tour I think that's extremely important and can make or break the whole experience. The other 2 tours were just a bit more interesting, and I think the reason Undiscovered Futureworld stands a bit above KTTK is because prior to taking KTTK I knew a decent amount of the info. you learn on it, while I knew almost nothing that we learned about Future World. And while all the tour guides we've had so far have been great, our best was Chris on U. F. followed by our guide for Marceline.

The tour started at 8 and ended shortly after 11. Originally my plan had been eating lunch in MK at either LTT or the Plaza because I knew I'd be HANGRY, to quote my favorite Dis word, but I also knew we'd both be jonesing to get back to the F&G booths so I'd cancelled both those reservations. As it turns out neither of us grabbed any breakfast before the tour and when it was over I could barely stand to go another minute without food and was going to just lay on the ground until Steve brought me a meal, so the plan was to grab a snack in MK and then head out to Epcot. BUT, we were also planning to use the Express Transportation to get to Epcot, which is located by Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, and we just happened to end the tour at CoP. What to do, what to do....................

I managed to stay alive, made it to Epcot, and picked up this cool bottle to quench my thirst as we walked to WS:

That's not my hand holding the bottle BTW. My hands are much nicer princess:
But how cool is that bottle???? They also had Coke Zero that said Space Mountain and regular Coke that said Main St. I'm hoping they still have them in August because I wanted to bring this home but forgot and threw it out.

So I was on a mission for food and knew exactly where I wanted to start out. Unfortunately we had to walk by La Isla Fresca to get where I wanted to go and believe me, Steve had NOT forgotten about this beauty so our first food stop was for him.
Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer: with steamed rice and coconut lime sauce

And that my friends is " a double order of shrimp, please, I'll pay whatever". Whatever ended up being nothing as they were more than happy to give him extra and he was like a kid in a sugar cane candy store with his double order!

I asked him if he needed to stand still and eat; he replied no, he was fine walking and eating. Even if he said he wanted to stand at a table, I would have been like, "OK, see you later!" Because I was EATING NOW. My destination? Fleur de Lys in France where I could have an entree, dessert, and a drink. These pictures are from our March trip, I was so damn hungry and happy to have food in front of me that I didn't take the time for pictures!
Tart a l'Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian onion tart with sauteed onions, fresh thyme, and rosemary on a flaky puff pastry

Followed by the ever delicious
Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large raspberry macaron with chocolate fudge and raspberry jam (aka perfection)

and to wash it down,
La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush: Grey Goose l'Orange, St-Germain liqueur, white and red cranberry juice

Aaahhh, now I felt better. In case you missed my review from March, just know everything here was delicious. I didn't think the onion tart was overly onion-y and the pastry part was light and flaky. The macaron, which has a wonderfully chocolate and raspberry filling, is, as I mentioned at the end of my March part of the report, my favorite dessert of all the booths. And the drink is definitely my favorite, with the Grey Goose Slush a close second and will have to be my go-to since the LVeR is seasonal :(
From the time we walked into Epcot I'd been texting with @chunkymonkey who had gotten to the park a bit ahead of us. We were walking WS in opposite directions and after my French food we began walking toward her and her DH Steve who were chillin' in America. We did make a quick stop along the way at the Florida Fresh booth, where Steve tried something he didn't get back in March-
Shrimp and Stone-Ground Grits: with Andouille sausage, sweet corn, tomatoes and cilantro

Steve ate this as we continued towards our first Dismeet of the trip. He liked it; not as much as his beloved sugar cane shrimp but it had nice flavor, he enjoyed the sausage and even the grits.
Finally we reached the U.S. of A. and sitting in the shade were Su-Lynn, a.k.a. @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve! We hung out and chatted (and sweated, it was like 90 but felt like 110) and then went over to get something from the F&G booth in Japan. Before I get to that, here's the proof you all need that the meet happened:

And here's the treat we got at Hanami in Japan, a first for Steve and I but I believe an old favorite for Su-Lynn and her Steve-

Frushi: Fresh pineapple, strawberry, and melon rolled with coconut-raspberry rice, sprinkled with toasted coconut and whipped cream on the side:

And that's Steve's Sapporo Black Lager in the picture. The Frushi was refreshing and light. Not as sweet as I thought it would be which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I did think there'd be more of a coconut taste and I was looking forward to that, but even without it I liked it and it was a nice change of pace from the other heavier offerings at the booths.

Steve and Su-Lynn had a Soarin' FP to get to, so we said our good-bye's and we continued around WS. I'm so glad we got to meet and spoiler alert, we'd see them again :goodvibes As we walked away from Hanami I noticed pineapples growing in one of the planters around the booth:

Steve and I went into Mitsukoshi in search of a specific candy for the boys. They'd bought some back in Nov. for the 2nd time but in March they were out of stock. Luckily we found it and continued on. We'd enjoyed all our F&G snacking so far but needed......more. Germany had been on my mind but would their booth suffice? I thought not so we ended up at the little window back by the entrance to Biergarten, I call it their QS window and right now I'm too lazy to look up the name. We both got the Bratwurst with Paprika Chips:

Steve's with sauerkraut and mine without. And what's a stop in Germany without picking up a Shofferhofer grapefruit beer?

There were no seats in the shade and the temperature had risen from 90 when we met Su-Lynn and Steve to roughly 130 so no way were we sitting in the sun. We took our food back to America and ate inside the Liberty Inn, and from the looks of the food on the tables around us everyone else had the same idea so I did not feel bad in the least. The paprika chips served all the time with the bratwurst are the same they were serving at the F&G booth in Germany with the Currywurst, and I'd tried that back in March. The chips are soooo good and the bratwurst is too. You typical bratwurst but good, and the rolls are always soft and fresh.
While we were eating we discussed what to do next. We had Fp's scheduled at MK, two for later that evening but a 7DMT beginning at 2:15 and it was currently just about 2. I had assumed we'd miss it and was ok with that but Steve didn't feel like staying in Epcot any longer and he LOVES 7DMT more than a grown man should, so we made the decision to head back to MK via the Express Transportation. But have I mentioned it was hot? So instead of walking back to FW to catch it we did something we haven't done in ages and took the boat across the lagoon. It's a pleasant ride, here are a couple pictures I took while we were crossing:

And with that, I leave you for now.

UP NEXT, DAY 1 PART 2
DISMEET #2, DOGS ON THE LAWN AND CHECK OUT THE JUGS!

Gotta bring DS over there…he still talks about the cinnamon rolls at MSB!
You should! They're just as good if not better :goodvibes

Thinking about this for next trip. Can we decide on a whim to take it and then pay? Or do we have to set it up beforehand?
Yes you can! You can either sign up/pay for it at your resort or right at the pick-up spot at the park. We've done it both ways.

I think that is just it, it's so refreshing... The first trip we discovered the wondrous Grapefruit Beer, we drank so many. And wondered why we didn't feel all tipsy... WE came to find out it has a very low alcohol content.
LOL yes I didn't realize the low alcohol content the first couple times I had them. Good, yet bad right?

Me too @kastoney! I just assumed it was vanilla custard with coconut on top. Makes more sense why people love it so.
I thought it was bavarian cream the first few times I had it! Didn't know it was cardamom until I read it here somewhere!

Do they actually check?
:laughing: Probably not; I'm sure they'll give you the "prize" even if your map is incomplete or the eggs are in the wrong countries. But I wanted it to be right because I'm anal about things like that lol.

Did you feel like you were missing out by not having a savannah view? Animal Kingdom Lodge is on my bucket list. And I have told DH that when we do, we HAVE to have a Savannah View.
Nope not at all. When we stayed at Jambo we had a pool view and it was so pretty, and not noisy. As soon as we walked into the hall there were windows to see animals out of. Here at Kidani the view from our room wasn't great, but we had a standard view booked as opposed to pool view so I wasn't expecting much. Still so many places around the resort to see animals and since we aren't in the room much, the only time we'd see animals anyway would probably be first thing in the morning. However having said that I might try for a savanna view if I were bringing the boys; on the other hand, they most likely wouldn't care either way :rolleyes: If you read the AKL thread on the Resorts Forum, lots of people post that not having a savanna view room isn't a negative for them at all :)

Macaron Chocolat Framboise: Large raspberry macaron with chocolate fudge and raspberry jam (aka perfection)

This looks so good. I wish I could get one when we go.

and to wash it down,
La Vie en Rose Frozen Slush: Grey Goose l'Orange, St-Germain liqueur, white and red cranberry juice

And this.... :)

LOL yes I didn't realize the low alcohol content the first couple times I had them. Good, yet bad right?
Def good and bad!

Our guide was awesome and with any tour I think that's extremely important and can make or break the whole experience.
I agree... the same can be said for your Jungle Cruise skipper!

I managed to stay alive, made it to Epcot, and picked up this cool bottle to quench my thirst as we walked to WS
Glad you survived, but it was surely touch and go! When I'm hangry, ain't nobody wants to get in my way! :rotfl: The bottle is AWESOME!

That's not my hand holding the bottle BTW. My hands are much nicer
:rotfl:

But how cool is that bottle???? They also had Coke Zero that said Space Mountain and regular Coke that said Main St.
This is really, really cool!

I'm positively shocked! :laughing:

And that my friends is " a double order of shrimp, please, I'll pay whatever".
:laughing:

Yum! I remember this longingly... :rolleyes:

Shrimp and Stone-Ground Grits: with Andouille sausage, sweet corn, tomatoes and cilantro
Not a shrimp fan, is that husband of yours?! ;):laughing:

I'm so glad we got to meet and spoiler alert, we'd see them again :goodvibes
Yay! I had a chance meet with them during my May 2015 trip and will be seeing them again in August - very excited! They're so awesome!

And what's a stop in Germany without picking up a Shofferhofer grapefruit beer?
Not a stop in Germany! :thumbsup2

Here's where I was a total a$%. We'd done 2 tours previously and in both cases, had to be inside the park prior to opening to check in at a specific GS location. For this tour I was told we had to check in BY 7:45 for our 8am tour at the Town Theater on Main St. This made perfect sense based on our past tours. Park opening was 9. So we get there and it's 7:30 and I'm trying to get in; I go up to a CM with an Ipad and they check us in - yup, you're on there for the tour! Just go up to the CM at the gate and they'll let you in :thumbsup2 Still sounds A-OK to me! So I go to the arches to the right of the train station and push my way to the head of the crowd there, tell the CM manning the masses we need to check in by 7:45 for our tour and he tells us we can go in with everyone else at 8 :mad: Whatevs CM friend, you have no idea what you're doing. So over to the left we go, run our spiel - sure, you can go in at 8 when the park opens. D'oh! I was so mad! On our KTTK tour someone was actually turned away because they didn't check in until after the tour started. Have you guys figured out yet what I had not?

With the new opening procedure they no longer let people doing tours in any earlier than park guests, since everyone is let in just shy of 8 anyway and that's the earliest tour time. So I seriously gave those CM's some of my attitude (which I didn't really bring across here to you guys but believe me, it came across to them) for no reason. I felt like a reject as I walked in with everyone else at 8. I'm not as special as I thought I was!
I feel like they should have emailed you then and told you that you didn't need to be there by 7:45 anymore. Also, why did the cast member up front tell you to go to the gate and you'll be let in. Get it together people!

Anyhoo we were there in time, checked in along with everyone taking any tour that morning, and got our name tags which I love:

I love this so much! I did my senior research project on Walt Disney, so I think I would really like this tour.

So I was on a mission for food and knew exactly where I wanted to start out. Unfortunately we had to walk by La Isla Fresca to get where I wanted to go and believe me, Steve had NOT forgotten about this beauty so our first food stop was for him.

I'm with ya Steve I loved this one too! I hope they have it again next year.

Tart a l'Onion Alsacienne: Alsatian onion tart with sauteed onions, fresh thyme, and rosemary on a flaky puff pastry

You need to stop torturing me with this! This is the one thing I regret missing. I'm trying to plan a trip for next May after graduation and I will plan for 2 Epcot days so I can eat everything from F&G.

That is ridiculous that let randoms' with dining reservations in, but not people with special tour reservations. And no matter what, I think you are special :P

I won't give away much about the tour but we enjoyed it. The other tours we've done are Keys To The Kingdom also at MK and the Undiscovered Futureworld tour over in Epcot.
Wow, thats a smoldering Walt right there

I managed to stay alive, made it to Epcot, and picked up this cool bottle to quench my thirst as we walked to WS:

Loving the bottle, but I'm sure you were massively HANGRY right about now. I'll have to see if I can find some of those when we are down there. I have coke bottles with my, Casey's, and Jason's name in my office so some MK ones would go well :-)

Steve had NOT forgotten about this beauty so our first food stop was for him.

Man, that boy likes shrimp. He's a regular old Bubba :-)
Unknown.jpeg

Steve ate this as we continued towards our first Dismeet of the trip
Need I say more

Finally we reached the U.S. of A. and sitting in the shade were Su-Lynn, a.k.a. @chunkymonkey and her DH Steve! We hung out and chatted (and sweated, it was like 90 but felt like 110) and then went over to get something from the F&G booth in Japan. Before I get to that, here's the proof you all need that the meet happened:

Awesome pic of you two. So jealous you got to meet!

There were no seats in the shade and the temperature had risen from 90 when we met Su-Lynn and Steve to roughly 130 so no way were we sitting in the sun.
What are you going to do in August?????

UP NEXT, DAY 1 PART 2
DISMEET #2, DOGS ON THE LAWN AND CHECK OUT THE JUGS!
Oh my imagine is going wild with checking out the jugs :P Yes I have the mentality of a 12 year old

With the new opening procedure they no longer let people doing tours in any earlier than park guests, since everyone is let in just shy of 8 anyway and that's the earliest tour time.
I would have felt the same way as you did when they wouldn't let you into the park early for your tour. We had done the KTTK tour and they made a big deal about being on time for it. We enjoyed our KTTK tour for the first four hours, but then our tour guide droned on and on about the people in the portraits located in the tunnel. These were creative designers and others who we really didn't need to hear about. We had two later tour groups pass us up. Our tour started at 8:15am and we finally got out around 2pm. So a good tour guide is important. The one fun thing about that tour was that the TV show "The Middle" was filming in MK that day. We saw Patricia Heaton, Neal Flynn and Charlie McDermott walking behind the Main Street buildings. :)

I've got to look for those special Coke bottles. There is nothing like a Coke to make you feel better. ;)

And that my friends is " a double order of shrimp, please, I'll pay whatever". Whatever ended up being nothing as they were more than happy to give him extra and he was like a kid in a sugar cane candy store with his double order!
I have got to try this. :)

This has always been one of my favorite entrees. I had never had grits before and it was a pleasant surprise to find that I liked them. We don't usually see grits on the menu where we live.

We both got the Bratwurst with Paprika Chips:
We have never tried the bratwurst but it looks really good.

here were no seats in the shade and the temperature had risen from 90 when we met Su-Lynn and Steve to roughly 130 so no way were we sitting in the sun. We took our food back to America and ate inside the Liberty Inn, and from the looks of the food on the tables around us everyone else had the same idea so I did not feel bad in the least.
That was a good idea to eat food that you bought somewhere else. We made the mistake of ordering something at Liberty Tree Inn and it was definitely the worst Disney food we have ever eaten.

So instead of walking back to FW to catch it we did something we haven't done in ages and took the boat across the lagoon. It's a pleasant ride, here are a couple pictures I took while we were crossing:
The World Showcase gets unbearably hot. It is nice in January and February, though. ;) We haven't ridden on the boats yet, but it does look like a nice ride.

I'm glad you enjoyed the tour. Kathy and I are thinking about doing the KTTK tour in November.
Express Transportation is a gift from the gods especially in that heat. I still can't believe how hot it was in May.
So glad you go to meet Su-Lynn and Steve great picture of the both of you.

Okay, every time I hop on your report, I see those shrimp. It's like subliminal messaging: must eat shrimp, must eat shrimp, must eat shrimp. They look awesome! :worship::worship:

Hi Ariane! I can't believe it's been two months since I last read your DR! It's been so long that I forgot what I had already read, and had to go back to the beginning. Darn real life getting in the way of my DIS time! Getting ready to start reading your May report, but just wanted to add a comment about your March trip! Because of your incredible food descriptions & photos, I have now booked Tiffins for our ROL dining package for our September trip, as well as LTT for our MNSSHP dinner prior to the party starting, and I'm going to book the Wave breakfast for the morning of my birthday, which will fall during our September trip! I'm so jealous of all the great things you got to eat during F&G at all the booths! Don't know if you recall from reading my F&W dining report where I mentioned I was doing a Girls' Trip with my sister and my bff in May, but that was a bit of a disaster. I only got to have one item from one food booth on our five day trip, yes ONE! Ugh. :sad2: If I ever get my F&W DR done, I'll try to do a quickie report of the Girls' Trip! Looking forward to seeing what you ate next! :flower1:

Last edited:
IMG_5863_zpsobj2ttuq.jpg

I've seen the Main Street one all over instagram, but this is by far my favorite!!

Shrimp pixie dust!! Nothing says Disney magic like NO UPCHARGE, lol!!

Aw, cuties!!

The Frushi was refreshing and light. Not as sweet as I thought it would be which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. I did think there'd be more of a coconut taste and I was looking forward to that, but even without it I liked it and it was a nice change of pace from the other heavier offerings at the booths.

Was yours warm?? Mine was warm, so even though I liked the taste, I was so confused by it not being cold, or even just cool-ish.

We're staying at Kidani also in September, doing a split stay between, at the moment POR for three nights, then Kidani for the next 5. I'm waiting for fall AP discounts to come out, and if I can get POFQ at a better rate than POR, I'm going to switch. I just prefer the smallness of FQ over Riverside. I did have CSR booked, as I got that at a great Enchanted Summer rate, but I'm nervous about staying there since I never have, other then twelve years ago for one night prior to switching to VWL, so switched to POR, which was about $30 per night more. About how long did it take you to walk from Kidani to Jambo? Haha, just picturing Johnny Depp serving you naked! That's so great that you got to meet Su-Lynn & her husband! We were going to try to meet up on my May trip along with Raeven, but you know, that was the disaster trip, so didn't happen. I love the macarons in France, but have only had the ones filled with ice cream. So heavenly!
Those sugar cane shrimp sound so delicious! Will def have to try them on our next F&G trip, next April. This time it will just be my husband & I. He's running the Star Wars Dark Side 1/2 marathon.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Marceline to Magic tour, I really liked it but you are right about the Undiscovered Future World, so interesting. We are thinking of doing the WS tour, which is put together by The tour guides for the Undiscovered FW in February.

I have to try the bratwurst and the homemade chips one of these days, it looks yummy. Fruishi and your snacks in France look so tasty as well!

So catching up on your food booth post before eating breakfast when I'm hungry was a bad idea. It all looks so delicious. I wish I could reach through my computer to eat it! lol. That was pretty nice that your husband got a double order of shrimp without having to pay anything extra. And they looked great. I also find it impressive he can eat and walk at the same time because I would probably drop all my food if I tried doing that. I think I'm going to have to try that frushi. It's not something I would have thought I'd enjoy, but it looks really interesting and I do like fruit.

I rarely get into dining reports, but I had to jump over here and catch up on your May trip before you got to the part about our Dismeet!

Youngest DD has just discovered macarons. I need to remind them to get one when they are on the dance trip in July. Did I read tat the macarons are at Artisans de Glace?

Steve's with sauerkraut and mine without. And what's a stop in Germany without picking up a Shofferhofer grapefruit beer?
I would definitely have mine without sauerkraut. I have yet to try Shofferhofer. After reading so much about it, I checked at my local liquor store, but they don't carry it. I guess I'll just have to make a trip to Epcot!

I agree... the same can be said for your Jungle Cruise skipper!
Yes! On the same trip we've had a 'blah' skipper and then a great skipper a couple days later and it makes such a huge difference!

I feel like they should have emailed you then and told you that you didn't need to be there by 7:45 anymore. Also, why did the cast member up front tell you to go to the gate and you'll be let in. Get it together people!
Just another case of phone (in this case tour) CM's not being aware of how CM's in the parks do things :sad2:

I love this so much! I did my senior research project on Walt Disney, so I think I would really like this tour.
I'm sure you would! They definitely give you some awesome info. on his life growing up and the why's and how's of the parks getting started.

I'm trying to plan a trip for next May after graduation and I will plan for 2 Epcot days so I can eat everything from F&G.
Two days is what you need to get in all the F&G yummyness :goodvibes

And no matter what, I think you are special :P
Thanks man :crazy:

I'll have to see if I can find some of those when we are down there. I have coke bottles with my, Casey's, and Jason's name in my office so some MK ones would go well :-)
Oh that would be cute getting some MK bottles for your office! I'll check in Aug. and see if they still have them, I hope they do!

Man, that boy likes shrimp. He's a regular old Bubba :-)
unknown-jpeg.244831

This made me lol :rotfl2:
What are you going to do in August?????
Sweat like a man most likely :scared: which means I'll have to drink lots of liquids to keep hydrated ;)

Oh my imagine is going wild with checking out the jugs :P Yes I have the mentality of a 12 year old[/QUOTE]
Why do you think I put JUGS in the title of my next post? Just hearing the word makes me giggle like a school boy!!

Our tour started at 8:15am and we finally got out around 2pm. So a good tour guide is important.
Wow, ours started right around 8:15 but we finished by 1:20! I don't know if I would've survived another hour lol. Our Marceline tour guide kept us laughing and didn't "fill in" with boring conversation which really helped a lot, and our Undiscovered Futureworld guide was just awesome in every way.

The one fun thing about that tour was that the TV show "The Middle" was filming in MK that day. We saw Patricia Heaton, Neal Flynn and Charlie McDermott walking behind the Main Street buildings. :)
I LOVE that show! And you know what's funny? We were down there at that time too but didn't run into the cast at all. I wonder how many of our past trips actually overlapped with yours :)

I've got to look for those special Coke bottles. There is nothing like a Coke to make you feel better. ;)
Hoping they're there in August so let's hope they're there for you in July.

That was a good idea to eat food that you bought somewhere else. We made the mistake of ordering something at Liberty Tree Inn and it was definitely the worst Disney food we have ever eaten.
As far as TS restaurants I won't bring food in from somewhere else, and there have only been a couple times when the kids were younger where we even brought food from one CS place into another. But with Liberty Inn, where you sit is pretty far removed from where you order so.................it makes me not feel bad??? The kids have eaten the Liberty Inn food before but there are so many better options in WS I can't see eating there!

I'm glad you enjoyed the tour. Kathy and I are thinking about doing the KTTK tour in November.
Do it! You'll love it, and weather wise it won't be too hot or cold :thumbsup2

Express Transportation is a gift from the gods especially in that heat.
LOL I love that, it certainly is! We're definitely doing it in August.

Hi Ariane! Damn that food looks good!!!
:wave: I enjoyed our couple previous F&G trips but after these two, I am absolutely in love with going during that festival!

Okay, every time I hop on your report, I see those shrimp. It's like subliminal messaging: must eat shrimp, must eat shrimp, must eat shrimp. They look awesome! :worship::worship:
:laughing: Too bad we aren't getting paid by Disney for all our shrimp advertising! He still talks about it which I'm sure you don't find hard to believe......

I can't believe it's been two months since I last read your DR! It's been so long that I forgot what I had already read, and had to go back to the beginning.
I hate when that happens:headache: Sometimes I'll read up on a report I'm following but I don't have time to reply; then by the time I do have time to go back and comment I'm behind again and don't have time to read....it's a vicious cycle!

Because of your incredible food descriptions & photos, I have now booked Tiffins for our ROL dining package for our September trip, as well as LTT for our MNSSHP dinner prior to the party starting, and I'm going to book the Wave breakfast for the morning of my birthday, which will fall during our September trip!
Copycat :cat: LOL JK! I'm glad my reviews were that good because we honestly loved all 3 of those meals. I hope you enjoy them as much as we did :goodvibes So jealous of your MNSSHP! We actually have tickets which I need to call and try guilting my way into getting refunded because after I bought them we found out we had to switch our dates due to Ricky's football :rolleyes:

Don't know if you recall from reading my F&W dining report where I mentioned I was doing a Girls' Trip with my sister and my bff in May, but that was a bit of a disaster. I only got to have one item from one food booth on our five day trip, yes ONE!
I did read that and I feel awful for you. I don't think I've quoted since you wrote about that because, well, see above! Yours is one of many reports I need to get back to but as I said, I feel horrible that your trip didn't go the way you'd planned it :(

Shrimp pixie dust!! Nothing says Disney magic like NO UPCHARGE, lol!!
YES! We don't always have luck but when we do, we like it to be DISNEY luck!

Was yours warm?? Mine was warm, so even though I liked the taste, I was so confused by it not being cold, or even just cool-ish.
Actually, is was more warm than cool, and yes I expected it to be chilled now that you say that. I wasn't thinking about it at the time but maybe because it was so stinkin' hot out that day I assumed that was the reason for the temperature of my Frushi?

About how long did it take you to walk from Kidani to Jambo?
10-12 minutes? It's not a pretty walk per se but it's an easy one and not too long.

We are thinking of doing the WS tour,
I want to do that one so bad, but the length of it is turning Steve off. I have to try talking him into it on our next trip without the kids.

. I also find it impressive he can eat and walk at the same time because I would probably drop all my food if I tried doing that.
Right? I insist on stopping unless my snack consists of only :drinking1

I rarely get into dining reports, but I had to jump over here and catch up on your May trip before you got to the part about our Dismeet!
Hi Meghan and :welcome: I'm so glad you came by :hug:

Youngest DD has just discovered macarons. I need to remind them to get one when they are on the dance trip in July. Did I read tat the macarons are at Artisans de Glace?
They do have ice cream macarons at L'artisans de Glace and I believe now they have 3 flavors of the regular macarons at Gastons in MK - vanilla, chocolate and.......coffee?? The one I got was from the F&G festival and unfortunately won't be there anymore. Also in Les Halles they sell them, I've never had those but I think they have a few different flavors :)

I have yet to try Shofferhofer. After reading so much about it, I checked at my local liquor store, but they don't carry it. I guess I'll just have to make a trip to Epcot!
Luckily they do sell it in a specialty beer store by us but not the regular liquor store. I think someone on here got it in Canada - maybe @fallonkendra? But I think your best bet is definitely a trip to Epcot ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!