It was Supposed to be Solo and Sweethearts Night COMPLETED

When I woke on Friday morning, I decided to take it easy. I could have entered DCA at 7:00am, but I had already been on all the headliner rides that I wanted to ride and decided to get ready for my departure and then go have some breakfast. I packed everything up, so that the only thing I'd need to do after a little time in the park was grab my stuff and go. It was Valentine's Day, so I quickly sent my husband a picture of the necklaces that I bought from him ;) and thanked him for the wonderful Valentine's gift.

Since I had been having such delicious food at Craftsman, I decided to go there for breakfast again. There are so many things on the breakfast menu that I wanted, I had a tough time making a decision. I decided to get the Roasted Vegetable Quiche and a cappuccino. Turns out, I didn't like it. I have to say, if this was the first thing I ate here at the beginning of my stay, I probably wouldn't have come back. That's how bad it was.
While it looks solid in the picture, it was extremely undercooked and had the texture of a souffle and not quiche. I did consider sending it back, but I wanted to get on my day since I had to leave soon. If I ordered souffle, I probably would have been a lot happier with it. I just wasn't expecting that consistency and the taste was adequate and not something that I'd ever order again.

I entered DCA right after 8:00am when it was open to the public. I immediately headed to Guardians and grabbed a FP and got in the stand by line. The line wasn't long, but it wasn't moving as fast as normal. I had the side without the stairs and there was a horrific odor in the indoor line. I thought someone had a really bad case of gas. When I got up to the front of the line, I saw the problem, there was a pile of barf on the floor, with paper towels thrown on top of it. It was actually quite large of an area and not that easy to get around. The CM was just acting like it wasn't there. The paper towels didn't cover the entire area.

After the ride, I still had 20 minutes before my FP time. I wasn't feeling the magic today like I had been the rest of this trip. I didn't even feel like going on another ride during the 20 minutes. I looked through some shops and bought some candy for one of my classmates who I would be seeing in a couple hours. As soon as my FP window opened, I got in the FP line back at Guardians. This time, the FP line was really long. It was the first time I've been in a FP line here that weaved around outside. I thought about just leaving, but it was still a little early to get on the freeway and I could either stand in line here or sit in my car on the freeway, so I stuck it out. I'm happy to report that the foul odor and the barf were both gone when I was inside this time.

At 9:30am, I was back at the hotel grabbing my stuff and heading out for the drive to school. I had no unusual traffic and it was uneventful ride other than I was feeling very happy and very satisfied with my little break. I was thinking about how relaxed I was when I was alone and visioning many future solo visits, but this time solo - haha!

Bonus pictures of my car as promised. It's a Hyundai Kona. They had a special Ironman trim in 2019. I had been looking at some new cars a few months ago because I no longer needed my 10 year old Rav4. I wanted a smaller car with better gas mileage. After looking and basically deciding on a different Kona, I didn't want to have a car payment and decided I'd wait to buy a new car until my car died or my daughter's car died. Well, my daughter's car ended up dying 3 weeks later. She had 2 mechanics tell her that they didn't want to fix her car because the costs were more than the car was worth. I told her she could have my Rav4 and I'd go get the car that I was looking at.

Turns out, I couldn't pull the trigger on buying the car. I felt that if I found something a little older, I could save a lot of money. I spent quite a few days looking at choices and trying to talk myself into buying a used Toyota Corolla (I've had those before and I like them) or something similar. Nothing felt right in my gut. Eventually, I ran across a picture of really sharp looking Hyundai. Upon further inspection I found it was a Kona with the Ironman trim. I love the look of matte paint on a car and it had that along with some red, which I also love. I wasn't going to buy it because it cost about double what I was thinking I was going to spend. I'll spare you the details, but after lots of looking at other stuff, talking to my husband, etc, I decided to buy the Ironman edition.
It has an Ironman emblem in the center of the wheels and on the sides of the car. It says Marvel on the hood, which is probably the only thing I'd change. It has some type of light eyes on in the front when it is driven, but as you'd imagine, I've never seen it since I am driving. I've heard it looks cool. It does say Ironman on the back of the car and when you open the doors in the dark, an Ironman light shines on the ground. I didn't get a picture of that, but can add it later if I remember to get a picture. I was not an Ironman fan before I bought the car. I bought it for the look and for it being smaller than what I had and having good gas mileage. I have since become more of a Marvel fan, but I like most of the other superheros more than I like Ironman.

This is the end of the report. Thank you for reading along and letting me know you were reading by posting or hitting like. While it was very short, it was exactly what I needed and I was able to completely let go and be in the present moment. That experience has set the stage for me to this again and more often.

Thanks again for the report. I was eyeing the quiche, but will now reconsider based on your review.

I'm surprised that the vomit was not cleaned up immediately as this has not been my experience when similar things have happened when I have been at Disney. That's pretty gross :(

Thanks again for the report. I was eyeing the quiche, but will now reconsider based on your review.
It may be worth trying out a different version of it. I don't plan to try again mostly because so many other things are really good there.
I'm surprised that the vomit was not cleaned up immediately as this has not been my experience when similar things have happened when I have been at Disney. That's pretty gross :(
I was very surprised, too. I've never seen anything like that. I had such a good time overall that part of me thought I needed to see that in order to not feel bad about having to leave. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!