Hanging up my running shoes

That is a crazy steep climb. Congrats on powering through. Soon it will be time for the big enchilada and some fun and interesting training!

That is a crazy steep climb. Congrats on powering through. Soon it will be time for the big enchilada and some fun and interesting training!

I've already got my sights set on Chicago! Bring it on!!

Sorry to hear you had a rough week and a rough race. Hope that huge medal made up for those hills!!

Thank you! The medal sure didn't hurt things. ;)

Yuck ... that elevation profile sucks. Congrats on surviving and earning that giant medal! (Really, I feel like with those hills the medal should have been even bigger ... but I'm not in charge of such things.)

I hope life things turn around for you soon and I can't wait to see you crush Chicago!

Phew...that elevation! Love the medal though!! Thinking of you guys, and looking forward to reading along for your sub-5 journey. :hug:

What a big medal. MORE IMPORTANTLY though, Chris is rocking his PhD regalia. So glad he has the hat. No lie, that hat is the main reason I would consider getting a PhD

I am always amazed when I read about all of you on the DIS conquering those crazy hills! Sorry it just wasn’t your day, but that medal is a whole lot of awesomeness!

Yuck ... that elevation profile sucks. Congrats on surviving and earning that giant medal! (Really, I feel like with those hills the medal should have been even bigger ... but I'm not in charge of such things.)

I hope life things turn around for you soon and I can't wait to see you crush Chicago!

Thank you. We run a lot of hills around here, so usually that kind of thing doesn't bother me THAT much, but this run was just not meant to be.

Phew...that elevation! Love the medal though!! Thinking of you guys, and looking forward to reading along for your sub-5 journey. :hug:

I'm ready to turn my focus to the next goal for sure!

What a big medal. MORE IMPORTANTLY though, Chris is rocking his PhD regalia. So glad he has the hat. No lie, that hat is the main reason I would consider getting a PhD

Right? I think he looks great. He sort of hated that hat, but I thought he wore it pretty well.

I am always amazed when I read about all of you on the DIS conquering those crazy hills! Sorry it just wasn’t your day, but that medal is a whole lot of awesomeness!

Thank you. It actually is a pretty cool medal!

SUMMER DISNEY TRIP PLANNING
tenor.gif

Well, the 60-day mark for our summer trip with our girls is FAST approaching. Only a few more days. YAY!! I'm so happy that Shades of Green now has the option to book FP+ 60 days out. So, even though I've intended for this trip to be a bit more leisurely than some other trips, that doesn't mean I'm not going to still obsessively plan certain aspects of the trip. Because the planning makes me happy!

tumblr_mb2vut9AOu1qclxcio1_250.gif

I spent some time yesterday planning out our park visits and FP schedule mixing in the ADRs I already had, and adding a few more. Hoping the FP gods smile on me and I can score the FoP ones for the days and times I want! Fingers crossed!! I'll spare you my hour by hour plans and just hit the highlights.

1*PXY2YdT1hXGtemjZbykgIw.gif

Friday July 13 - Evening flight into Sanford and then pick up our rental car. Late arrival to the world, so just checking into the hotel and going to an early bed time

Saturday July 14 - Not hitting the parks first thing believe it or not. We are going to hit some mini-golf in the morning (since that comes with our ParkHopper Plus Military tickets) and then Disney Springs for the day. We've got a dinner reservation at Homecomin' and I'm excited for that. I was thinking about checking out Splitsville. Anyone done that? Then planning to go back to the hotel after dinner to swim, relax and rest up for the next day.

Sunday July 15 - EARLY morning wake up because it's AM EMH with a 7 AM open at our first park, Hollywood Studios. I'm expecting a zoo since the new Toy Story Land will be freshly opened.
Jurassic-Park-1-11.gif

The only ride we are really interested in trying is the Slinky Dog coaster, so I'm hoping to get a mid-morning FP for that and ride TSMM, RnR, and Tower of Terror early on standby (although does anyone know if those rides are going to be open or will it only be the Toy Story land attractions? @rteetz ?). Because if so, I'll have to redo my planning. Lunch at 50s Primetime and then an afternoon break at the hotel because it's July in Orlando!
tumblr_myk0q1KHpl1qjn6b1o3_250.gif

Back to the park for Fantasmic Dining package at Brown Derby and then enjoy the park and Fantasmic before heading back to collapse.

Monday July 16 - Typhoon Lagoon. We can sleep in a bit and eat a breakfast at Shades of Green before trying out our first water park. Might drive outside the bubble and eat in Orlando somewhere that night and an early bed.

Tuesday July 17 - It's my girl's 15th birthday!!! WHAT??? Anyway, it's off to Epcot we go. It's late EMH for Epcot on this day. Basic Epcot day for us, hitting the rides we can with good FP planning and some world showcase strolling. Planning another afternoon break at the hotel and then back to Epcot. Dinner at Via Napoli and planning to FINALLY watch Illuminations. Late EMH, so we'll stay as long as we want to or just head back for bed.

Wednesday July 18 - Magic Kingdom!!! Late EMH which I really want to do one time at MK. Again normal MK day as best we can with a late breakfast at our favorite character meal, Crystal Palace. I just love Pooh and Friends! My favorite character picture of all times at Disney. I love Sophie's expression!

Long afternoon break at the hotel to rest up for a late night and then back to the parks to enjoy the evening and late EMH.

Thursday July 19 - Blizzard Beach. Likely won't stay the whole day. The entry is already included with the tickets we bought, so why not?

Friday July 20 - Free day. Not yet sure what we will do. I'm considering driving out to Cocoa Beach. I found a neat thing where you can go kayaking for a couple of hours on an eco tour. Maybe see some Manatee. Or maybe we just check out Cocoa Beach in general and relax. Or we just stay on property. Might just be an easy day with pool time or shopping in Orlando or Boardwalk. No advanced dining plans this day, so we'll just wing it. Wait, what? A day with no definitive plans!! ACK.

Saturday July 21 - Back at it! ANIMAL KINGDOM DAY!! MY FAVORITE PARK!!! My girls are dying to see Pandora and ride Flight of Passage, so I really hope I get a FP! Early EMH, so planning to get there early and line up for rope drop and wait however long we need to and ride FoP at open. Chris and I rode it twice with FP on our January trip, so I really do want to experience the queue. Another mid-day break planned before returning for a Rivers of Light Dining Package dinner at Tusker House. Watch RoL and then head to bed and ready for our last full day at Disney.

Sunday July 22 - And now the part I haven't told @Chris-Mo about.

:D

I want to try and pull off a 4-park day. :scared:

Early EMH at Hollywood Studios. Ride just a few things at park open and then head for Epcot.
Lunch at Biergarten (because I love it and BEER) and just ride a few short-line attractions before heading to Animal Kingdom. Planning to get FP+ set for here ahead of time for another FoP, Everest and Dinosaur before leaving for Magic Kingdom. I got a dinner reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table. We've never eaten there and I thought it would be a nice way to conclude our trip with our girls. Not that they are big princess fans or anything, but come on, it's the castle! Then just some shopping/riding/relaxing until we watch Happily Ever After - which is the perfect way to complete a long and luxurious trip to Disney, in my opinion.

Monday July 23 - Travel day home.

But, it's an afternoon flight, so we can take our time with getting up. Eat a leisurely breakfast and then finish up packing and drive to the airport.

So, there you have it. Busy packed days, but I hope with enough down time in there to recuperate! I cannot wait and just hope I can get my FP plans to work out okay!!!

https://flic.kr/p/23WAud5
https://flic.kr/p/23WAud5

The only ride we are really interested in trying is the Slinky Dog coaster, so I'm hoping to get a mid-morning FP for that and ride TSMM, RnR, and Tower of Terror early on standby (although does anyone know if those rides are going to be open or will it only be the Toy Story land attractions? @rteetz ?). Because if so, I'll have to redo my planning. Lunch at 50s Primetime and then an afternoon break at the hotel because it's July in Orlando!
All DHS attractions will be open for EMH.

Also just an FYI for rope dropping Pandora. You don’t get to see the full queue usually at rope drop for flight of Passage. They tend to cut off the lab portion and send you into the FP area.

Also just an FYI for rope dropping Pandora. You don’t get to see the full queue usually at rope drop for flight of Passage. They tend to cut off the lab portion and send you into the FP area.

Dang it. :( Well, maybe we can find another time during the day that the line won't be completely insane and we'll just wait it out.

Dang it. :( Well, maybe we can find another time during the day that the line won't be completely insane and we'll just wait it out.
The best other times seem to be mid to late afternoon or at park close (so getting in line just before the park closes).

Happy Early Mother's Day to me!!! I've always loved the classic Wisdom Tech design and I'm a fan of the 4" shorts, so yeah, I couldn't buy these quickly enough.

IMG_3878__11294.1524172535.200.200.jpg

IMG_3643__28994.1524165100.200.200.jpg

I really need to go through my closet and try to sell some of my less favored running stuff. I'm running out of room! :oops:

P.S. Thanks to @Ariel484 for posting them on the FB page!

Happy Early Mother's Day to me!!! I've always loved the classic Wisdom Tech design and I'm a fan of the 4" shorts, so yeah, I couldn't buy these quickly enough.

IMG_3878__11294.1524172535.200.200.jpg

IMG_3643__28994.1524165100.200.200.jpg

I really need to go through my closet and try to sell some of my less favored running stuff. I'm running out of room! :oops:

P.S. Thanks to @Ariel484 for posting them on the FB page!

Love this!!!

Also, we have a Facebook page? Is it Disboards specific? I'm so behind on everything. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter