It's a sequel! AUGUST 2020 DCOM Exercise Challenge

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Welcome to the August 2020 exercise thread! Last month, we started a journey of learning about some Disney Channel Original Movies which we will continue this month, since I don't feel like coming up with a new theme! With Disney+, and most of us social distancing, there's no better time than now to check out their large library of Disney Channel Original Movies. I grew up on these movies and still enjoy many today. With 109 to choose from, I'll give my recommendations throughout the month for my favorites! To make it more fun this month, whenever you hear a really cheesy line of dialogue in a Disney Channel Movie, do 10 sit-ups. If you watch all the movies I cover this month, you'll get some really toned abs. LOL. Just Kidding.

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. You can post daily or just catch up when you can. You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day.

Since August has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney challenge is color changing! Page one will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Big Dream Blue
25% - On Deck Orange
50% - Proud Purple
75% - Princess Pink
90% - Ripping Red
100% - Smart Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on August 1, but if you don’t find the thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! There's no better time than the present to start toward your goals! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Participants:
Elizabeth Smith --800/800
PollyannaMom -- 600/600
ljcrochet -- 1594/1000
sophy1996 -- 1030/1000
Liddypool -- 655/600

DRussell88 -- 663/700
TwilightSparkle -- 2685/2500
Wendy1985 -- 1793/3000

Team Total -- 9820/10200

Last edited:

Welcome to August! Thanks to everyone for coming over from July.
First up this month, we'll cover Brink! This is the 3rd ever DCOM, released in 1998. It's kind of a time capsule for the late 90s with in-line skating/rollerblading being the sport in focus. It's a movie about pursuing your hobbies for fun, not letting money get in the way of passion, and choosing your friends over opportunities. I think the message of this movie really touched me as an adult when I recently re-watched it. I would recommend this one.

8/2 52 minutes

85/1000

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but we got a peloton bike. We ordered it the end of June. I started using the app right away. I have now done some sort of workout every day since the beginning of july.

Most of July, I was using the treadmill for bootcamp classes. Now I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to work the bootcamp or even the treadmill classes into a good schedule.

I'm going to make a few signs to put the wall, just need to figure out what, so if you have a good exercise quote let me know.

Howdy everyone! Hope everyone's first week of August has been good!
We have color changes! sophy1996, DRussell88, and myself have all reached Big Dream Blue!
The movie that initially inspired the name Big Dream Blue is Buffalo Dreams! This is definitely one of the lesser known DCOMS, but it is one of the better ones in my opinion. It's about a kid named Josh whose family moves to a small town out west. He meets a boy named Thomas and his sister, Scout, and best friend, Moon. They teach him all about Buffalo and nature preservation. I think the movie has a really good message about brotherhood!

We can go ahead and cover another DCOM that has a nature element to it: The Thirteenth Year. This movie follows the life of Cody who, after turning 13, begins to develop fish-like scales and eventually a tale! He comes to find out that his birth mother was a mermaid and he has to cope with that. LOL. This movie was one of my favorites as a kid for some reason!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter