It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...

Teamubr

From somewhere outside StL
Let's see everybody's Disney holiday decorations.

We just put the tree up and started decorating, but we have a 39 year tradition where we both put our first Christmas ornament on together. This year Mickey and Minnie decided to join.

20201124_192602_copy_1296x729.jpg

We have a 119 year old Victorian house with 10ft ceilings. This gives Mickey just enough room to hang onto the spire at the top of a 9ft tree.

20201124_192654_copy_1296x2304.jpg

j

Jim,

My only outside decoration goes up the weekend following Thanksgiving.

The tree goes up whenever DD and DW want to do it in the week after Thanksgiving.

Can I ask for a closeup photo of the aforementioned Santa Mickey at the top?

Ed

The girls started the indoor decorations. This weekend I plan to get up the outdoor decorations and the trees up. The kids want us to wait on decorating the trees (yes plural) when they get back from their fathers on Monday.

Last year was the first year decorating the house, I went simple with up lighting and a tree in the top window. This year without the wedding and more willingness to make the house merry. I plan do do more with lights on the bushes and more garland/lighting at the doorway and the entry roof railing.

This year we are getting a thinner tree for the hallway, that tree will now be in Melissa's Library, and our main tree will be in the family room.

I will gladly post some pictures when all is done...

I like the uplighting. Neat effect. I've scaled back on the outdoor decorations. I'll be getting some out in the next few days. I used to put lights all around the roof, down the corners, along the walk and around the fence in the back yard. Last year it got cold really fast (snow before Thanksgiving) and I didn't do any outside decorating except for a metal frame Christmas Tree by the front door.

I bought some wire frame trees earlier this year that I need to put lights on and I have a neon Minnie and Mickey that have gone in the upstairs windows. I'll probably put that all in the front yard this year and garland and lights around the front door. I don't have the energy to fight with a 40ft ladder to do all the lights on the house.

Stay tuned. More tree decorating tonight.

j

After my fall and subsequent surgery, I been thinking of ways not to be up on that roof line. The uplighting was a neat idea this year, and I think with the lights in the windows and some better accents around the door, plus lighting up the bushes it will look merry and magical.

20201121_164954.jpg20201121_165023.jpg20201122_175354.jpg20201121_165045.jpg

I had a Mickey blow up , but he didnt blow up this year. I also have but not unpacked my first chritmass ornaments from when i was little. With them is Mickey riding a wooden train from the 70s. Lol. The cats have taken up in the tree again this year, so orniments might not get hung again.

Oh , is the tree topper fininnal attached to Mickey? I love those old style toppers. I still have one old one and a newer one. None with Mickey

Oh , is the tree topper fininnal attached to Mickey? I love those old style toppers. I still have one old one and a newer one. None with Mickey
Mickey and the topper are all 1 piece. I don't know how long we have had it, but at least 20 years.

j

Love the train!

I have two trains we used to put up before the monorail claimed the space. One is a Cardinals baseball H/O gauge train we picked up on line. The other is a "Circus Train" from the 40s. My uncle and dad had it when they were kids. It is still complete and runs great. It is a strange gauge. Close to an "O" gauge, but not quite.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!