It's Fun to be First!! August 5-10, 2021 Trip Report

I enjoyed reading your trip report! Thanks for sharing! My family is planning our very first trip to Universal Studios for next summer. We are planning on staying at Portofino Bay.
You'll love it I'm sure! There's just such an ease with a Universal trip - and the Portofino is very beautiful and is out of the way so you almost feel like you're having two different trips in one.

What a nice trip report! Sounds like you had an awesome trip with your DD.

Happy to hear your back didn’t give you a problem this time.

We were at Portofino in July and will try Hard Rock in Dec. Looking forward to the shorter walk since the boats shut down multiple times in July. Have the Kitchen and Big Fire on my list.

DD16 don’t have any mother and daughter trips scheduled but will attend the Orlando informer meet up in December while DH watches the little kids. This report really made me look forward to it. Hope we have as much fun together as you guys did.
THank you! I was extra careful with my back this time and tried not to make any sudden movements LOL. Yes, we had boat shutdowns a lot during our two summer trips this year too. Awww, I'm sure you will have a great time. There's nowhere that DD and I enjoy more than a theme park. We're like little kids - without the strollers and the crying. LOL

Loved your trip report! Thank you for sharing all the fun and details. So wonderful you and your daughter got to enjoy the time together in your happy place!
I also have a crippling fear of flying...to the point that I can't do it with the family. we've never taken a family trip by plane. My fear starts as soon as I even think about having to fly, looking at schedules. I appreciate the tips others shared here too. I know if I ever want to go out west or to England, will have to get over this.
Thanks for the pictures too. we're going in Oct, and looking so forward to trying Hagrid's (family looking forward to Velocicoaster, not sure yet if I'll make that one....) thanks for all the restaurant/food reviews. We haven't made dining plans yet, so good to hear about all the different options on Citywalk. We've only been to a few there. Really, really enjoyed the TR, thanks again for sharing!!!
I feel for you. I do know that if I ever stop flying I will never get on a plane again - so I have to keep pushing myself and try everything I can to keep doing it. Before an incident in 2000 I absolutely loved to fly. I have to get back to that feeling. I wish you every good luck.

Hagrid's in my opinion, is the best ride I have ever been on. I smile from start to finish. I don't necessarily smile on VelociCoaster but I do appreciate a good coaster and that is a good coaster. My DD says that is the best ride she's ever been on and I'm thinking that gives us a preview of the sort of rides she is going to want to be a part of (she's studying to be an engineer with goal of being a theme park engineer). Her aunt would like her to be a part of engineering a nice bench to sit on while everyone else rides the crazy stuff. Ha!!

There are so many options on CityWalk and I think over the years we have eaten at all of them. We always start with Antojito's as it's a family fave and really love NBC Grill, Vivo, Cowfish and BigFire. You really can't go wrong. For our past two trips we did rely on reservations - something we never did before, but was totally a necessity.

Have a wonderful trip!!

Loved your trip report! You and your daughter are adorable. What a great experience/memory for you both. What about a dramamine or benadryl for the plane? Or even a Xanax? You can try it before hand to see how you respond. Also google grounding techniques to help with the anxiety. There are so many out there. Here's an example.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210904-133450_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210904-133450_Samsung Internet.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 8
It would not be unmanageable to drive down to Lorton VA for the auto train. That’s how We get to FL from PA. I married a train buff so have amtracked all over the country. DD didn’t fly in a plane till she was 16. Then ironically she married a pilot. He’s currently a captain for Piedmont. Having listened to him regale us about flying, I’d recommend you find a really long winded one and buy them beer and get them going. After several hours, you will be so bored, you would pay to get on a plane. LOL. Seriously, hearing the POV from the cockpit helps a lot. He was flying as Ida hit the East coast and thought nothing of it. Called it a few potholes.

It would not be unmanageable to drive down to Lorton VA for the auto train. That’s how We get to FL from PA. I married a train buff so have amtracked all over the country. DD didn’t fly in a plane till she was 16. Then ironically she married a pilot. He’s currently a captain for Piedmont. Having listened to him regale us about flying, I’d recommend you find a really long winded one and buy them beer and get them going. After several hours, you will be so bored, you would pay to get on a plane. LOL. Seriously, hearing the POV from the cockpit helps a lot. He was flying as Ida hit the East coast and thought nothing of it. Called it a few potholes.
That is so funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter