It's gonna be an oven, but WE'RE GOING TO WDW in AUGUST!!! Final thoughts

More fabulous memories I'm so enjoying reading about. Sounds like a wonderful mother-daughter trip for you two :goodvibes Ugh, that darn August rain though! I've been anxious about that for weeks and you're proving me right :laughing:

Hope you continue to have a fabulous time!!! :goodvibes

PS was nice to have the pics to go with this time. :)

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying them!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know there are other people reading!! I'm loving the live reports! Like others have said it makes me almost feel like I am there. I'm down to 24 days until my trip and this is getting me super excited to go because I can picture everything you are talking about so thanks!!

Hey welcome and thanks for following along!!

*immediately googles Oofos*

They are great so far. Though I am hesitant to wear them out on a park day because I don't know how they'd be for so long - probably great, but I don't want to risk it!

might have to pick up some of those sandals on my next trip, I'm sure they would help with my ankle too. And way to go about getting some running in, you are a trooper in many different ways!

I would recommend them :) Only because my foot doctor did lol

Ugh, that darn August rain though! I've been anxious about that for weeks and you're proving me right :laughing:

Yeah...the rain...it is raining on and off again today...but hoping it stops for the evening festivities!

Howdy! We are in our room for another mid-day break. This morning was great! We got up early and were out the door by 7:30am. Of course my DD could not for the life of her understand why we were leaving our room at 7:30am when the park doesn't open until 9am...I tried to fill her on in the whole process that is making rope drop..but she wasn't buying it...until...we got on the monorail to the TTC, and then walked over to the Epcot monorail and waited. Soon monorail Coral showed up but....had to have maintenance...so we had to wait about 20 minutes before Coral pulled out and then another monorail pulled in and finally we were on our way. But the time we got to the entrance of Epcot it was 8:30. By the time we were through bag check and tapstiles it was 8:45 and there was a decent crowd in front of us...but thankfully I think most of them were going left for TT or Frozen...Our mission this morning was Soarin' since because of that dang Tier system...if we wanted to FP Frozen...we couldn't also get FP for Soarin...so...

At 8:55 they let the cattle in...and we were off. I texted @Monykalyn to let her know where we were, as they were lucky enough to snag a PPO breakfast at Garden Grill. They were already off Soarin by the time we were getting on. We had a great ride on Soarin'. I love the new movie. I do still have to close my eyes in parts when I get woozy but I didn't find it as bad as with the old movie. After our flight, we exited and hit up the Land for a ride. I wanted to make sure we got at least one ride on that because later in our trip we will be doing the Behind The Seeds tour.

After the Land, we headed over to get in a ride on Nemo, and then SE next. All with little to no wait. When we were done there, we had a FP for character spot, so we got to see Mickey, Goofy and Minnie there and got some great pics and interactions. I didn't realize that if you wanted to see Baymax and Sadness they were on the other side? And I guess you can only do SB for that - no FP+? If there is, I didn't see that...we may have to try to fit that in our next Epcot afternoon. After that, we headed over to Figment, and just so happened that @Monykalyn was headed there too. I was just texting her to see where they were when I look up and see them sitting in the ride vehicle just ahead of us!! I snapped a pic of course :) Soon we were off and enjoyed our ride on Figment as always. I'm curious to see, can't remember, if you go on again, do you always get the skunk smell or do they have other options when they do the little slot machine thing? Curious.

After our ride on Figment, we chatted with Monica and her family for a few minutes in the dump shop, and eventually said goodbye. We won't get to see them again because they are leaving tomorrow. But hoping to have some other DisMeets in the coming days with @Elandon and @chunkymonkey . We'll see when it ends up happening!!

After Figment, we were in need of food because breakfast had just been granola bars in our room. We headed over to France were we had some yummy french sandwiches - DD got the ham and cheese croissant, and I had the turkey BLT. Both hit the spot. After that, we were well into our FP time for Frozen so we booked it over there without really looking at much on the way. We really enjoyed the Frozen ride. For us ride wimps...it's about the perfect amount of excitement. I won't ruin it for anyone who has never been, but let's just say I was expecting the pace of IASW and it was more exciting than that :)) So just right for us lol.

On the way out of Frozen, I noticed the Kringla bakery and could not resist heading in there to try the infamous School Bread. We weren't really all that hungry since lunch hadn't been too long ago, but always room for that!! DD got a yogurt parfait! Then she was tired. :( I really wanted to go to see the Caballeros in Mexico but she wasn't having it. I had also thought about heading over to the BC or the BW for some ice cream....but since we had the Norwegian snacks...we didn't have room for that either...so...it was a bit of a downer for me, but when my DD says she is tired...I don't wanna fight it because otherwise the crankies come on pretty quick and she's just no fun to be around...and why do that to us both on vacay lol. So we headed back to the monorail, with a quick stop in Club Cool on the way. She wouldn't try the Beverly. I tried a melon soda that I thought was really good though.

As soon as we got on the monorail...the heavens opened up!! I guess it's a good thing we decided to leave when we did! We got back to the CR and we had a little rest. Then I decided that since pool time was out because of the rain, I'd hit the gym. So I did some time on the dreadmill and then came back and here we are! Getting ready to head out again over to have dinner at the Poly. I'm hoping maybe for a walk up table at Kona if we are early enough, Otherwise Cap Cooks. And a possible DisMeet :) Then if we have the energy, and it isn't pooring, some nighttime MK fun!!

See y'all later :)

Wow! That sounds like a fantastic morning! You got so much accomplished in such a short time. :) Les Halles is one of my favourites too...so many good choices! How did your DD like the ham and cheese croissant? I've been meaning to try that. My favourite there is the raspberry lime macaron.....mmmmm! I love the school bread too but it is really rich....good thing we have a separate dessert stomach, right?? I know all about having to leave suddenly with a grumpy preteen. That was my oldest DS our last family trip. Luckily we were staying at the Yacht Club so when that happened at Epcot we could just let him go back to the room (he was almost 16 at the time). It's good you were on the monorail already when it started to rain, hopefully it lets up so you can enjoy your evening at MK!

Great to meet up again! Yeah the PPO at Garden grill was amazing- more for the first ones in Soarin than food lol. We did Seas, Imagination(with you guys) TT, Mission space twice, SE all before 1:00pm (with some FP), then to WS for lunch. Took a nap in American Adventure to wait out the rain. Then we headed back to resort too and are now on way back to Epcot for rose and crown dinner. If you end up at Kona eager to see how it is as I've got an ADR for it in October

Sounds like a great morning at Epcot! :thumbsup2 I think it's only ever the skunk smell on Figment - I ride that ride a million times a trip :laughing: because there's rarely a line.

I'm loving seeing the FB pictures and then seeing the stories behind them later :goodvibes Hopefully the rain cleared for you and you're having a great evening doing something fun :thumbsup2

Les Halles is one of my favourites too...so many good choices! How did your DD like the ham and cheese croissant?

I love it there...takes me back to the real France...:) My DD liked the ham and cheese croissant...AFTER They scraped off the bechamel sauce lol. They are premade so you can't actually get it without, but DD didn't mind...she just didn't want much of it.

I love the school bread too but it is really rich....good thing we have a separate dessert stomach, right??

Funny you say that, my DD said "mom you sure eat a lot of snacks on vacay" Yup. Because there are so many yummy things I keep hearing about and want to try!!! I was really full after that. I'm almost never too full for ice cream...but I was then lol.

That was my oldest DS our last family trip. Luckily we were staying at the Yacht Club so when that happened at Epcot we could just let him go back to the room (he was almost 16 at the time). It's good you were on the monorail already when it started to rain, hopefully it lets up so you can enjoy your evening at MK!

Yes, we were lucky with the rain today. We were on our rest at the hotel when it was really bad. And yeah if my DD was a year or two older I would have just told her to go back and I could have had some solo time in WS lol. Because one day I'd really like to take the time there to explore each country properly...but kids never have the patience for that.

Then we headed back to resort too and are now on way back to Epcot for rose and crown dinner. If you end up at Kona eager to see how it is as I've got an ADR for it in October

Let me know how the Rose n crown/Illuminations plan worked out for you!! So we did go over to the Poly, but no luck getting a walk up table at Kona, even at 4:45pm.

I think it's only ever the skunk smell on Figment -

Oh well. I guess that is really the most recognizable smell there is lol

Hopefully the rain cleared for you and you're having a great evening doing something fun :thumbsup2

Thanks and yes it did!!

We're back from a great evening and getting ready for bed!

We ended up leaving the CR around 4:30pm to head over to the Poly for dinner and hopefully a Dismeet!! We thought we would try our luck with a walk up at Kona. Ha. Yeah now I was one of those people that I like to laugh at who show up and go "table for 2 please" at a prime restaurant lol. They were booked solid all night and even at 4:45 we couldn't get in. They did say we could sit at the sushi bar and order anything off the menu from Kona, but DD wasn't interested in sitting at the bar. So Cap'n Cooks it was. Which was fine because I had looked a their menu and they had some good looking options too. I ended up ordering the coconut meatballs with rice and DD got a cheeseburger. We both really enjoyed our meals and they were just the right size.

After that, we texted @Elandon to see where they were, and they were just getting on the monorail at MK to head back to the Poly for their dinner there! So perfect! So we hung around in the big comfy chairs outside O'hana for about 15 minutes, and then they showed up!! Emily had let me know that she would be the one in the white Stitch shirt and her son would be carrying a red balloon! So they were easy to spot!! It was so nice meeting them in person!! We had a nice chat about their day so far, and what we had done so far...and life in Chicago and Toronto, and then they had to go get ready for their dinner so we had to say goodbye. So of course we got a pic (that I can not post until I get home..but again...check FB lol) so it really did happen! And they headed off, and so did we.

We got on the MK monorail and had managed to book a 4th FP+ for Buzz at 7:10pm. We also had been texting @chunkymonkey to see what their night was looking like and they were finishing up dinner at BOG. When we got to MK, they were still at BOG because with such a large group their meal was taking some time. We decided to grab some ice cream at the Plaza. DD got a scoop of chocolate and hot fudge...and I...went all out with the All American Sundae. That was divine. Good thing I went on the treadmill today though!!

After our treats, we headed into TL and got on the Peoplemover which is always a good time. There was actually a bit of a line but it moved quickly. When our ride was almost over, Su-Lynn texted and said she was at the exit to the Peoplemover and she would wait for us there! So I spotted her as soon as we were coming down the ramp. We hugged as if we were old friends, which I so love about the DIS. We chatted for a few minutes, and then we decided that we'd all ride the PM together again. Su-Lynn had left the rest of her group in Fantasyland for a bit to come and meet us, which was so awesome of her! We had a nice ride on the PM and got to know each other a bit better which was so much fun! When the ride was over, we said goodbye, but we hope to see each other at least one more time at AK this week.

We made it to our FP for Buzz and had a great ride, though the more I ride that the more I really like TSMM better...the shooting mechanism is so much more comfortable...oh well!! Then we made another FP for WTP just because, and then tried to cram in a few more rides before our FP. We got on HM, and then walked over to WTP for our FP. Then since HEA was starting, there were short lines for everything, so we had a lot of fun running to Under the Sea and TLSW, twice...once with me driving and once with DD driving.

After that we decided to call it a day. We looked in a couple of shops and I picked up a picture frame for my mom. I decided that since she really doesn't need any souveniers, I would get a nice frame and put a picture of DD and I in it for her. That would be her favourite gift of all. And without her this trip would not be possible so I really want to do something nice for her.

Anyway...that's all for tonight. We are planning another MK morning tomorrow!

Following along!! Sounds like you are having a great trip, despite some rain. Hope the rest of the week has less rain for you :umbrella:
We arrive next Thursday for our 10 day visit:dancer: Have a great time!!!

What a wonderful evening in MK!!! And yay for the Dismeets! It's so great to have this community of Disney lovers, isn't it?! :grouphug:

Sounds like you're having a great time and a lit of DIS meets too! I would have commented sooner but I've been away on my own little get away and I'm just now catching up. Looking forward to hearing about more of your trip!

I am loving your reports. I love the Dismeets and would love them too, but I feel like I am such a lurker on here and not much of a poster. People would think I am crazy because I know them and they have no idea who I am.

Following along!! Sounds like you are having a great trip, despite some rain. Hope the rest of the week has less rain for you :umbrella:

Thanks!! Yes, great trip so far!! Luckily there was only one day where the rain lasted more than a short time, and even then it wasn't that bothersome!

What a wonderful evening in MK!!! And yay for the Dismeets! It's so great to have this community of Disney lovers, isn't it?! :grouphug:

It was! And yes, so much fun to feel like I "know" so many people and all who have this love of Disney in common.

LOVE reading your live updates. Sounds like such a great trip!

So far it's been great! Thanks for following!

I would have commented sooner but I've been away on my own little get away and I'm just now catching up. Looking forward to hearing about more of your trip!

Hey no worries! It's been so much fun so far and thanks for following!

I am loving your reports. I love the Dismeets and would love them too, but I feel like I am such a lurker on here and not much of a poster. People would think I am crazy because I know them and they have no idea who I am.

Thanks for following! DisMeets are awesome!! It is always a bit weird at first but I am finding everyone so nice, and you immediately feel like you know people! So great! No one would think you are crazy, at least no one on the DIS lol

Hi again! We are back at the CR for our afternoon break. I am loving this ritual and glad that DD is on board. I would feel bad if she had all kinds of energy and I was all "mom is dying, let's go back to the room" lol. But she totally is melting in the heat too and it doesn't take long before she wants a break. Also, now that we have seen how much you can get done early in the day and late at night in the parks...why suffer in the middle of the day with the crowds and die of heat? I get that if you only have one or two days here, you kind of have no choice...but I'm SO happy that we are here long enough to take it easy.

So this morning we were up at 7 for another RD at MK. Again...DD was all "but the park opens at 9am mom, why are we leaving the CR at 8am when it's only a 10 minute walk"....well...because you have to beat the crowds...c'mon girl, get with the program lol. Anyway...we managed to get out of the room by 8:15am, and headed over to MK. By the time we got to the bridge into TL where the official RD is now...it was about 8:40am. We had to wait a bit but we got a bit of shade so it was ok. But then...we started talking about our plans for RD. In my head, I was all "I would really like to ride PP first...maybe even more than once..." and I thought DD was on board with that until she said "I want to ride TL speedway!!" What???? You want to waste a RD morning on that??? UGH!! See the thing is...last night we rode the speedway and DD actually drove the car for the first time and loved it. This is the first trip where she has been tall enough to do that...she is 11 yes...but we make them short in my family. So. Anyway...she wanted to do this right away because in her logic, there would be less people behind her to get mad and bump into her if she went slowly. Ugh. In my head I was all "but we won't get to ride PP without a FP or a long wait and it's my fave....waaaah..." But I tried not to let out my inner toddler and thought about how we could hopefully get in another PP ride later in the week...so I caved and said OK. And her smile was worth it. That's what it's all about right?

That's what I kept telling myself anyway lol. Don't be grumpy lol. We did have a fun ride on Speedway and I even got a picture, (that she won't let me post mind you lol) but it was worth it. By the time we got off that though...and walked over to PP just to see how bad the line was...it was already 50 minutes. Nope, not gonna happen. Oh well. We decided to hit up HM since that was still a walk on. Then we had a FP for Jungle Cruise so we did that, and then it was time for our BOG breakfast. We headed back over there and had a bit of a wait...and finally were inside the nice cool air conditioned darkness that is the West Wing. Sweet.

I went with the meat and cheese plate, and DD got the kids' crepe. This breakfast is rather pricey for what you get, but clearly you are paying for the atmosphere. I thought the food was decent, but I thought that they skimped a bit on the baguette. I don't know if they would have given me more if I'd asked, but I didn't bother.

Anyway...after breakfast we went over to Under the Sea. The posted wait was 10 minutes...but the line snaked outside and it did not look like only a 10 minute wait. We got in line but after a few minutes of the line barely moving and baking in the sun we decided to pass on that. We ended up checking out Mickey's Philharmagic instead. Always a fun show and nicely air conditioned too. After that we headed over to ride the Magic Carpets because I was hoping we'd get a nice spray of water on that lol. But we didn't. At least the line was short though.

Next up...the moment of truth. I had booked us FP+ for 7DMT. As some of you may have read here...we are ride WIMPS. Which is why...we love WDW so much because even for us wimps there is a lot we like to do. But I had really wanted to try this ride because of all I keep hearing about the theming on it. We went into the ride, but DD insisted on asking the CM if there was a chicken exit. He assured her that there is, but that we wouldn't need it because "look at all the toddlers on this ride, it really isn't scary" Insert ominous foreshadowing music here. He clearly does not know us. I'm not kidding...we don't even go on Pirates. At least we haven't on this trip...DD says she may want to but...I'm not sure she would even do that. Maybe one night if the lines get short enough...but I digress...

We wound our way into the mine...then right before they start loading the trains DD says "i want the chicken exit, you go alone" So she went out. I was determined...I asked for the front car since I had heard this was the least scary. I waited for a bit to get that spot. Then there I was in row one...about to load...when I saw the train ahead...immediately going down a drop and people screaming. And I was all "what??? There's a drop right at the start?" Didn't know about that. My heart was pounding and I was sweating and.....I just couldn't do it you guys. I know. Wimps. And just like I said to my DD when we saw @chunkymonkey yesterday...the people were probably screaming just for fun...but I just could NOT get myself into that mine car. I waved to the CM....and said, "I'm sorry, I'm chickening out" She said "that's ok, and waved me over to where DD was waiting" Ugh. I seriously felt like such a moron, but I just couldn't do it. I was shaking all over and sweating (well partly from the heat too lol) Ugh.

After slinking out of 7DMT, hanging our heads in shame, we wandered over to see the Tiki Room. Another nice cool venue to gather ourselves after that embarrassment and try to snap out of our wimpy funk. I really do feel like a loser and I really wanted to do it. I think if DD had been with me, I would have sucked it up for her and tried to act brave and it would have been fine, but alone? I just could not do it. Next time I'm here if anyone I know is around...please drag me on this ride. I have to conquer this ridiculousness some day.

Anyway...after some amusing Tiki fun, we had a FP for Buzz coming up, so we wandered over there. But there was a HUGE FP+ line!! WTH??? I have no idea what was up with that, but since we rode Buzz last night, we decided to give it a pass and call it a day. We were really hot and cranky by this point. We made our way down Main St and it was perfect timing to catch a bit of Move it Shake it on our way out. We ended up taking a MR back to the CR. It makes a lot of sense on the way BACK from MK to take the MR because it saves a hot walk outside. On the way TO MK from the CR, it doesn't though...because you have to go all around the other resorts before getting to MK.

We got back to the room, and quickly changed into our swimsuits hoping to catch some rain-free pool time because the clouds seemed to be forming. We got down there had a nice swim and I lounged a bit...and then the rain drops started. Ugh. We headed over to the Sand Bar to see what snacks they had because we didn't think we could wait until dinner to eat again. I got the kids turkey sandwich and DD got a Mickey Bar. That's lunch right? She shared some of my food too so it was a balanced meal. Right? Anyway...it was sprinkling a bit but luckily (so far) the real rain hasn't come. Knocking on wood now that it stays that way.

Right now our plan is to hang in the room or around the CR for couple more hours to ride out the worst of the heat...and then head over to DHS tonight to hopefully get in a ride or two more on TSMM. After our luck the other night...we are hoping the lines die down again around 8:30pm and we can get in another ride or two on one of our fave rides. I am hoping this strategy works again. We didn't actually plan to go to DHS again on this trip...but with this new development of possible more rides on that...we'll chance it :)

That's all for now!!

Two great updates!! It looks like you had a lot of fun last night at MK and the weather held for you. Now I am second guessing some of my afternoon plans and wondering if I should move things around or just hope for the best. I just love People Mover too, always one of my faves! How nice that you got to meet Su-Lyn and it's a great pic of you two. :)

You were a good mama giving up your plan for your DD. I don't know if I could have given up PP for TLSW but I am sure it was worth it when you saw how happy she was. Too bad about SDMT, maybe next time you will do it for sure. Those people were definitely just screaming for effect, there is absolutely nothing scary about that ride. Glad to hear you enjoyed BOG, I am having lunch there next Tuesday and am still debating what to order. Looking forward to hearing all about the evening's experiences.

Oh, I was going to ask you if you are part of the Canadian Disney Addicts group on FB? We have GTA meet and greets every three months or so and it is always nice to meet new people and chat about Disney. Lots of Pin trading and other collectables as well. As well, it's nice to follow you on IG, I meant to tell you I had sent you a request but my photo is there as well so you probably made the connection.

Oh, I was going to ask you if you are part of the Canadian Disney Addicts group on FB? We have GTA meet and greets every three months or so and it is always nice to meet new people and chat about Disney.

OMG no, I didn't know about this! I will check it out!! Thanks!!! And yeah I'm sure I'd be all "that was nothing" when I finally do make it on 7DMT...but I just couldn't do it. Honestly it's sad but I think my anxiety issues have gotten worse the older I get and with the ugliness of the past year. But hopefully I can get over that one at some point.

Don't beat yourself up for the 7DMT exit... that's the beauty of Disney - there's something for everyone! If you'll note a former TR title of mine, you'll see "PeopleMover is my kind of thrill ride" - you're in good company! :rotfl:

Don't beat yourself up for the 7DMT exit... that's the beauty of Disney - there's something for everyone! If you'll note a former TR title of mine, you'll see "PeopleMover is my kind of thrill ride" - you're in good company! :rotfl:

Thanks. I feel better about it now and DD I think feels better about her own chickening out too since I did the same thing but worse because I didn't do it until the absolute last second lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter