It's My Birthday Trip... Or Our "We Have APs Let's Go!" Trip Or Whatever PTR June 2017

Well Disney has decided to mess with my plans. On our first park day (Sunday) the plan was to check in to VGC just after 6am to head straight to DCA ride either GotG or RSR and then either the other or head across to Disneyland for rope drop... but Disney has decided to make DCA's EMH and DL's opening time the same... so now we're just gonna start at DL since that was where we'd planned to spend most of our day anyway and we'll do EMH at DCA Monday morning - after switching hotel rooms again. The good news is that we can grab an extra hour of sleep but I think I would have rather had that bonus hour of park time.

Slowly each day the park hours are being released though which is nice.

Same thing for us! The only day the parks are opening at different times during our trip looks to be Tuesday when DL EMH is at 7:00.

Do we know whether the Guardians ride is going to offer fastpasses? I can't remember if I've read that anywhere.

It's nice to get the hours released and feel like we're that much closer to trip time!!!

Same thing for us! The only day the parks are opening at different times during our trip looks to be Tuesday when DL EMH is at 7:00.

Do we know whether the Guardians ride is going to offer fastpasses? I can't remember if I've read that anywhere.

It's nice to get the hours released and feel like we're that much closer to trip time!!!

I can't imagine them not offering FPs especially since the machines are already in place from ToT. But then I've been wrong before lol.

With the weird hours and the extra EMH on the 10th I'm wondering if the hours on the 11th will be affected... ack guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out.

We are now just 29 days out and I don't have much to update... I did totally fail at booking our two nights for WDW in December with our DVC points today. I forgot to set an alarm and didn't check until about noon my time and of course all the studios were booked everywhere except Saratoga. I booked us there and waitlisted our first choices but I'm so mad at myself right now.

I actually did the same thing with our Disneyland trip and managed to piece together all the nights we wanted but for some reason I don't feel as confident with this one. Oh well. Disneyland in 29 days and I can escape all this stress here.

One of our waitlists for our WDW trip filled. We're now booked at Kidani for our two solo nights in a savanna view studio. I still have a waitlist for Jambo House savanna view for those nights but I'm so happy with this move!

Updated plan for our trip:

June 10: land just after 2pm grab lyft/uber to the Sheraton Park. Beg for a fireworks view King room even though we're just booked in a standard King. Drop bags off in room or with bell services. Walk to DtD the back way around and grab a bite at Trader Sam's. Soak up some atmosphere then grab a bite and a drink at Uva watching the crowds. Hit the hay early.

June 11: Walk to the Grand Californian with our luggage at 6am, check in and go to Main Gates for EMH at DL. Ride all the Tomorrowland rides. Be at Adventureland for regular rope drop. Have lunch at Cafe Orleans. Hope to see fireworks and maybe MSEP.

June 12: Have Bell Services hold bags and issue new keys at Grand (swapping from 1 bedroom to a studio) make DCA EMH. Enjoy DCA. Check out new GotG:MB ASAP.

June 13: Finally leave our stuff in a hotel room. EMH at DL. Enjoy park. Dinner at Blue Bayou with MSEP package at 7:10 so second parade I believe. Hopefully see fireworks first.

June 14: EMH at DCA repeats as much as we want. Possibly hop to DL but return for WoC at least 90 minutes early for awesome spot.

June 15: EMH at DL repeat favs. Soak in atmosphere. See fireworks and MSEP again.

June 16: Bring bags to Bell Services (cry a little) hit EMH for DCA repeat favs. Soak in atmosphere. Leak parks by 1030am to pick up bags and uber/lyft back to the airport. Fly home. Cry a lot.

There's a weird thing with EMHs over our arrival weekend so we'll see if that affects crowds for the interesting 7am EMH at DL on Sunday.

I've ordered the last two things we need for our trip. SIM cards for our cell phones and some packing cubes because of the sheer number of times we're changing rooms/hotels at the beginning of our trip. Now I have to figure out if I wanna keep using my old unlocked iPhone 5S for the trip and use my 6S for its superior camera (what I did last time) or bite the bullet and get the 6S unlocked too... decisions, decisions.

Well Hello neighbor!

Not a lot going on right now. I have 5.75 shifts left at work and only 4 days off before we leave... and on days off I need to get together with my twin sister so we can exchange birthday presents, pick up one of my brothers-in-law at the airport and then entertain him for a night when he gets back from a mission-type trip, do laundry, pack, and then on my last day all my girly things like get my nails and hair done... that's a lot to do! HAHA

I can't wait to get there and get to spend some days out in the sun!!!

Well due to a busy weekend that included a killer migraine I did not get all my packing done. I have at least got all my laundry done and everything I want to pack in basically one spot. I've started matching up some outfits for the first couple of days when we're changing hotel rooms frequently and packing those into my smaller packing cubes with light covers for when I freeze in A/C and for the evenings I have some sweatshirts because I'm VERY susceptible to the cold. I'm going to work on it the nest two days before work and with any luck I should be all done by the time I get up on Friday *crosses fingers* I can't believe we leave in just 3 days!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts