It's my turn now! Vija's journal ~*~*Posts and Pixie dust welcome~*~*

I am SOOOOO excited! I am doing my own 6 week challenge. this is going to be awesome.

Week 1.
Monday
Exercise: walk 1 mile

Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
Sunday

It's a new day and a new journey!!!!

Breakfast:
1 c cream of wheat
1 c skim milk
1 tbsp butter

Snack
1 string cheese
1 serving potato chips
3/4 snack size MnM's

Lunch:
3 homemade tacos
diet coke

Dinner:
1 serving lasagne
3 garlic bread
1 serving salad with cucumbers, peppers, carrots
2 tsp low fat dressing
1 cup milk
1/2 cup fruit cocktail with dollop of FF coolwhip

Snack
potato chips
3 tbsp sour cream

exercise
20 min aerobics
15 min walk

This isn't by any means a perfect food day, but I am working beyond that. I made some good choices and I am on my way!

Hello, Princess Vija! Lulu201 here. I read your post on the boards about your departure from WW and your plans to simplify. . .it sounds like you're well on your way, girl!:) I, too, have given so much money to WW over the years, and while I love their program, I've been frustrated over the times that I've spent $300 to lose 2 pounds--and then gain it back on a random Saturday!! :rolleyes: So, in an order to simplify my own life, live within my financial means, and find my strength from within by giving this struggle over on a day to day basis to God, I left. Now, I didn't have the issues with my mom like you've had, but it sounds like you were so kind and sensitive to her needs (it was so sweet of you to agree to walking with her each week), but stood up for your own at the same time.

Don't you think that that's really what it's all about--caring for ourselves? Whether it's flossing our teeth on a regular basis, or creating new exercise or eating routines, we've got to make caring for our physical and emotional needs a priority in our lives, I think. In caring for our families or in our work, sometimes our needs get lost.

I don't want to offer unsolicited advice, but after reading your journal, one thing struck me--in the very beginning you had a lot of things that you were working on all at once. I read an article in Prevention magazine that helped me a lot a year or so ago--it was about the power of ONE. One thing, one improvement that you choose to work on at a time. For example, maybe this week it's drinking your water every day. At the end of the week, see how it's going and then add another challenge. Continue to log all your food and exercise, but give yourself time to make permanent changes in your life. Sometimes we want to make changes so quickly that we don't recognize how significant they all are until we're trying to do all of them at once amidst the daily struggles and stresses of life. Just some food for thought. . .

I've gotten some powerful support on the Journal Board during the last few weeks and I know that you'll find it here again, too.

Blessings on your journey,
Lulu

Thanks Lulu!!! Your words certainly struck a chord with me. Your right, when I would make a decision to "change" my life, it was an all or nothing approach. I was changing everything NOW. Then 1/2 way into the day, I felt so overwhelmed that nothing got done. This week I will make that commitment to journal. I haven't done that, and that will be the 1 thing that I do! As far as the decluttering goes, I think I will do that as well. Focus on the one thing that I really want done. And the one thing that NEEDS to be done is my bathroom shelf. So that is what my goals are. Thanks for your advice and support!!!!!:D

Sept. 12
B: 2 fried eggs (Pam spray), 1 slice bread, margarine, 1 cup sk. milk
Sn: chips, 1 string cheese
L: 3 homemade tacos, 1 snack size mnm's
Sn: chips, 2 slice ham
D: 1 serving lasagne, 3 garlic bread

Ex: 30 min walk

Sept. 13
B: 1cup sk milk, 1 cup rice crispies, 1 banana
L: Homemade taco salad (lettuce, cheese, meat, dorritos, sr cream, salsa, tomatoes), soda, 1/2 cup applesauce
Sn: 3 SMALL squares of pizza
D: Doublecheeseburger, large fry, soda
Sn: 1 serving shortbread cookies, 1 serving chips

I am really proud of myself. I know this doesn't look like a good list to many, but to me, it is amazing. I would still be eating, but I had one serving, and I was DONE!!!!!!!! And, I am journaling.

I am still working on journaling every day, no binges, and watching what I eat. So far so good!

Wow, Vija, you're doing this journaling thing up right!:) Good for you! I always enjoy reading your posts. . .remember that we're all here rooting for you and wishing you all the bests in your efforts.

One day at a time,
Onward and downward. . .

Lulu

Princess Vija, you're doing great! One change at a time is enough. This is not a race or an all-or-nothing deal. Just keep journaling - I promise it will help!!

We're here with you!!

I'm so proud of you, PV! I know EXACTLY what you're going through. It's such an accomplishment to cut down from the 1 pound bag of M&M's to the single snack size. I know because I've had to do it. I struggle with the urge to shop and buy the "party size" bag of M&M's (can you tell what my worst vice is?!?), but I know that if I do, I'll eat every last one without thinking!

You can do this! You go, girl! And you do it for yourself, because, darn it, you deserve it!

Every day is a struggle. The way I deal with it is one day at a time. Just one day. If I get a bad urge to cheat, I tell myself that I can cheat tomorrow if I still feel like it. But for today, no cheating. And it get's me through, one day at a time!

Good luck! I'll keep a look out for you on this board. You know, you're a very special person.

Princess Vija, I hope all is well with you!! Keep making small changes, one at a time. Every day it will get easier! And when you make a bad choice, just dust yourself off and get back on the wagon. If you need a helping hand, let us know! We're all cheering you on!

Oh you guys! I am so thankful for the friends and support I find here. Thanks for your encouraging words. I am trying to make the changes, and one is decreasing internet time. so, I hit the trip boards first and work my way down, unfortunately that means I have been neglecting to journal. But that I know is so important, so I am going to make it a priority.

Sept 16
B: scrambled eggs (2 1/2), 1 slice bread with ICBINB, 1 cup milk, 1 banana
L: McDonalds double cheeseburger and supersize fries:eek: (ok, not a good choice there, have to work on that)
D: 1 serving turkey breast with skin, 1 serving corn, 3 rolls with butter, 1 serving mashed potatoes with butter, 1 1/2 cups milk.
EX: 15 min aerobics

That wasn't necessarily a day filled with good choices, BUT I have to tell you of my personal victory.....

At night I was on the computer (the DIS!:D ) and I wanted to snack soooo bad. I had that feeling that needed to be comforted, but I thought it thru and I said no, I didn't need it, I wasn't really "hungry" so I didn't. I am so proud of myself! I haven't snacked at night in several days, and that is one of the biggest changes I have made, and you know what? It is sooo worth it!

Great job for NOT snacking in front of the computer. But, PLEASE watch your carbs Vija!:eek: You need some more REAL veggies in your diet [not corn;) ]. Try to treat corn, peas, limas as carbs and pair them up with some broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, etc --- your body will thank you. I know it is just baby steps --- but maybe that is something you could work towards. By adding more healthy veggies you will have less room for other things you shouldn't be having anyway. Start your supper off with a big bowl of HM cauliflower soup to fill you up. I'll remind you how to make it.....

Cook one bag of cauliflower in one can of chicken broth until the cauliflower is very soft. Puree the cooked cauliflower with as little of the broth as needed to make it the soup consistancy that you enjoy. Add some cream cheese or velveeta light to make cheesey soup if you prefer that. Cook another bag of cauliflower [or substitute broccoli, asparagus, etc] until just tender and stir it into your soupy cauliflower mixture. Very YUM, YUM, YUM! And so easy to make too. A big bowl of soup will easily get in a couple servings of veggies for the day plus it will FILL YOU UP too!:D

You are making REAL PROGRESS Vija and I am not trying to demean that for you. I am just giving you some other things to look at. [hope you understand].

Hi, Vija!:) Just want to send some PD and happy thoughts your way for today! You know, you're making real strides here! When I read your journal posting, I was struck by two things. First, your
ability to avoid snacking at the computer--that took a lot of strength! I find that acknowledging (is that spelled right?) that almost overpowering urge to eat and taking a few deep breaths (and saying a prayer or two for relief from the impulse to go stuff my face:p ) helps a lot. It clears my head. Whatever you did at the computer seemed to work for you. Good going! Secondly, you had a bad choice lunch, but THEN you went back to making good choices! I don't know what you think, but I think that is SIGNIFICANT! There have been so many times in my struggles with food that if I made one bad choice it would spiral into a day, a weekend, a week, a month:p of terrible eating! You, though, nipped it in the bud and got right back on track.
GOOD FOR YOU!:)

Take all those positives and build yourself a ladder to success, Vija. You can do it!

Lulu

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter