It's time for a solo trip

InstImpres

DIS Veteran
I just returned from 5 days with my DD8, DBIL, DSIL, DN7 & DN2. We had a great time but it's time for me to go ALONE!!!! I can;t believe I spent all that time and only was able to get 5 mintues to see the Mickey statues. My DSIL said "we saw them" (while walking from the bus to the entrance). When I explained if I was solo I would have probably spent 2+ hours just with the statues she looked at me like I was crazy. While I love my family and sharing Disney with them, I was definetly spoiled by my solo experience this past summer. I can't wait to go back and do it all on my pace.

Thanks for listening to my vent,
Sandy

It's nice to share a WDW vacation with family, but there are times when a solo trip can be so enjoyable to do everything at your own pace.

That's exactly why I'm going solo in April. I teach history and was so looking forward to spending a day at Epcot last time. However, my mother needed a wheelchair and I became its "horsepower;" in addition, DD and DS (then 8 and 4) stayed in each pavilion only long enough to get their stamps and then whined and pulled at me to move on. About halfway through my mom told me just to park her outside each nation and she'd wait for us. No one loved "my" Epcot!! :(

Well, I get to see it just the way I want to in only six weeks. I've already made PS's and can't wait! I hope you get your chance soon!

I had the FTP solo last Nov. and had a fabulous trip. I feel like you do, I think that it has spoiled all future trips for me. Just do it and have a ton of fun.

How did you do the FTP solo? I was told that the package price was based on double occupancy - I'd have to pay for 2 adults if I wanted to use the package.

Last year they gave solo quotes - it was around $200 to $500 more (depending upon hotel) that the double rate by itself. so if the rate for doubles for $615 - a solo was $507 (All Stars) - so not much of a bargin - guess they just changed it...

Hi MMM. I couldn't believe it either. I have called Disney in the past and inquired about solo trips but was always quoted the cost of what two people would've paid for the same trip. What a rip off. This is one of the reasons that I had not solo'ed at Disney before. Can you imagine going to your local restaurant and being told that you have to pay for two meals but only get served one. Please.

Anyway, last June when the FTP dates were extended through November, I decided to call thinking I was going to get the usual rumbling but was pleasantly surprised. I chose to go the third week in November from one Saturday to the next Sat. (7 nights with 8 day UPH) and was quoted the following for a solo traveler(this included tax, UPH and room):

AS $630
Moderates $899
WL $1,250

I also asked what the cost for two people for the exact same package (someone in my family was thinking about going at that time) would be and was informed that each figure would go up about $330 each as the only item added in would be the UPH ticket for second person (AS $900, Mod. $1,250, WL $1,500). You see they charged me the full rack rate for 4 nights plus the cost of the UPH for 8 days. I wish I could've gone back to WL but I had a wonderful stay at PORS.

If FTP comes out again, I urge you to call.

Thanks for the tip! I will definitely keep that in mind, then. With any luck, I'll even be in a position to take advantage of the offer if it reappears! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter