Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Just switched over from CSR to AKL a few days ago. Got a great rate for our May trip. Thank you DVC Gold AP! Didn't have points available for this trip so I was very happy to get this Passholder rate. Needless to say, I am very excited to stay at this resort for the first time! Am I right in being excited? Visited here a few times and we've eaten at Jiko a couple of times and I totally fell in love with this resort. :love:We will also be doing Sanaa and Boma for the first time. I'm over the moon! This resort is pretty close to AK isn't it? It looks to be on the resort map.

Just switched over from CSR to AKL a few days ago. Got a great rate for our May trip. Thank you DVC Gold AP! Didn't have points available for this trip so I was very happy to get this Passholder rate. Needless to say, I am very excited to stay at this resort for the first time! Am I right in being excited? Visited here a few times and we've eaten at Jiko a couple of times and I totally fell in love with this resort. :love:We will also be doing Sanaa and Boma for the first time. I'm over the moon! This resort is pretty close to AK isn't it? It looks to be on the resort map.

Glad you got a great rate. I really like CSR, but it does not compare to AKL. Both Sanaa and Boma are great restaurants. I highly suggest the bread service at Sanaa (with all of the different dips), and be sure to try the different soups at Boma! AKL and AK are very close to one another. I hope you enjoy your stay!!!

I was wondering which buildings or section of the Animal Kingdom Lodge are DVC and which are hotel rooms? I've never stayed here and maybe I missed something but I didn't see anything in the first pages of this thread so I'm curious. TIA.

I was wondering which buildings or section of the Animal Kingdom Lodge are DVC and which are hotel rooms? I've never stayed here and maybe I missed something but I didn't see anything in the first pages of this thread so I'm curious. TIA.

The 5th floor is all DVC as are the few CL rooms on the 6th floor.

We'll be staying at a room that I hear is normally a DVC room, but we booked it through Disney, not with points. We still get regular mousekeeping/towels/soap right?

We'll be staying at a room that I hear is normally a DVC room, but we booked it through Disney, not with points. We still get regular mousekeeping/towels/soap right?
Yes, you should. However, the one time we booked a villa through Disney for cash at AKL housekeeping did forget a couple of days - if that happens just call housekeeping and nicely ‘remind’ them.

Yes, you should. However, the one time we booked a villa through Disney for cash at AKL housekeeping did forget a couple of days - if that happens just call housekeeping and nicely ‘remind’ them.

Ok, thank you. I'll keep that in mind!

Okay you AKL pros, I need some help. I recently rearranged my dining plans and now I need somewhere to eat at Jambo or Kidani. The hard part is it will be after Animal Kingdom closes and i’ll be relying on Disney buses so it may be well after 9:30 pm until I’m back at the resort. I also already have The Mara scheduled for lunch the next day so I don’t want to go there. So I’m thinking of trying the lounges. I believe Victoria Falls stops serving food at 10:00, but I can’t figure out if the other lounges do the same. So basically, I’m wondering if there’s anywhere to eat (that isn’t The Mara) after 10:00 pm. Anyone know?

Okay you AKL pros, I need some help. I recently rearranged my dining plans and now I need somewhere to eat at Jambo or Kidani. The hard part is it will be after Animal Kingdom closes and i’ll be relying on Disney buses so it may be well after 9:30 pm until I’m back at the resort. I also already have The Mara scheduled for lunch the next day so I don’t want to go there. So I’m thinking of trying the lounges. I believe Victoria Falls stops serving food at 10:00, but I can’t figure out if the other lounges do the same. So basically, I’m wondering if there’s anywhere to eat (that isn’t The Mara) after 10:00 pm. Anyone know?

I highly recommend the Sanaa lounge. They serve the whole Sanaa menu during restaurant hours and then a limited menu after the restaurant kitchen "closes", including bread service, delicious samosas, a salad sampler, sliders, and a couple other things last time I was there. It's our go-to place for situations like you're describing and you don't need a reservation or anything. The lounge is on your left past the hostess stand. There is bar seating, a large long shared high top, and also a few tables along a banquette. I think it would be perfect!

....it's DizDaD7's birthday on Tuesday.......:cake:
....and, upon closer inspection, I just realized that he photobombed my DH and me when we visited Puerto Rico!

enhance

I highly recommend the Sanaa lounge. They serve the whole Sanaa menu during restaurant hours and then a limited menu after the restaurant kitchen "closes", including bread service, delicious samosas, a salad sampler, sliders, and a couple other things last time I was there. It's our go-to place for situations like you're describing and you don't need a reservation or anything. The lounge is on your left past the hostess stand. There is bar seating, a large long shared high top, and also a few tables along a banquette. I think it would be perfect!

Awesome! Exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!

Also, we’ll need the shuttle to get back to Jambo after a late night run to Sanaa lounge. Anyone know how late the shuttle runs? I tried to search for the answer but no luck.

Is this a lounge as in a bar for 21+ or is it family friendly? My 12 and 8 year olds want to try a few appetizers, but we already have so many meal reservations elsewhere that I really don't want to add this as another one. (especially when we just want a few apps and drinks)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter