Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Is this a lounge as in a bar for 21+ or is it family friendly? My 12 and 8 year olds want to try a few appetizers, but we already have so many meal reservations elsewhere that I really don't want to add this as another one. (especially when we just want a few apps and drinks)

I’m no Animal Kingdom Lodge expert, but I’m fairly certain Sanaa Lounge has no age restrictions. I don’t see why your kids couldn’t enjoy it. Hopefully someone will correct me if I’m wrong.

Is this a lounge as in a bar for 21+ or is it family friendly? My 12 and 8 year olds want to try a few appetizers, but we already have so many meal reservations elsewhere that I really don't want to add this as another one. (especially when we just want a few apps and drinks)
Family friendly, for sure!

I was recently at the Sanaa lounge having a drink while waiting for my table and a guest came up to the bartender and ordered the bread service to go.
I have gotten a little shade when I tried this a few years ago, they let me but I could only pick three sauces as they weren't set up for "to go" at the time and didn't have the right size to go sauce cups. Since then I have seen someone picking up food to go from the bar every time I've been in. Just be courteous and I'm sure they'll do what they can to assist!

Also, we’ll need the shuttle to get back to Jambo after a late night run to Sanaa lounge. Anyone know how late the shuttle runs? I tried to search for the answer but no luck.
Check the signs on the bus stop too... all the buses but one (I think it was Disney Springs) run in one direction (I.e. Kidani to Jambo) and the other buses run the other direction (Jambo to Kidani) so you can use the park buses too. Just ask the driver when you get on to be sure he's dropping off at Jambo and you don't get whisked off to the MK or something!

Family friendly, for sure!

I have gotten a little shade when I tried this a few years ago, they let me but I could only pick three sauces as they weren't set up for "to go" at the time and didn't have the right size to go sauce cups. Since then I have seen someone picking up food to go from the bar every time I've been in. Just be courteous and I'm sure they'll do what they can to assist!

Check the signs on the bus stop too... all the buses but one (I think it was Disney Springs) run in one direction (I.e. Kidani to Jambo) and the other buses run the other direction (Jambo to Kidani) so you can use the park buses too. Just ask the driver when you get on to be sure he's dropping off at Jambo and you don't get whisked off to the MK or something!

That is all great information. Thanks for all your help on this thread. It’s been invaluable and made my planning a whole lot easier. :-)

I have gotten a little shade when I tried this a few years ago, they let me but I could only pick three sauces as they weren't set up for "to go" at the time and didn't have the right size to go sauce cups. Since then I have seen someone picking up food to go from the bar every time I've been in. Just be courteous and I'm sure they'll do what they can to assist!!

Perhaps since they’ve begun serving QS breakfast, they are able to accommodate to-go items now.

This would be ideal for my family as I have one very picky eater. I would love to be able to pick up the bread service and tandoori chicken sandwiches and bring them over to the Jambo pool!

Thanks for the bus tip! That seems like the best way from Kidani to Jambo.

My husband and I will be staying here for the first time in November!! We are staying Savannah view on DVC points and could not be more excited!!

Hello! I’ll be headed to AKL this weekend. I just changed my room from Pop Century to AKL. So after months of reading everything about Pop, I’m trying to speed read through all of the AKL info before I leave in a few days.
I stayed in a studio at Kidani in 2015, but have not stayed at AKL.
A few questions for you AKL experts if you don’t mind:
1) what is the temperature control like? Is it one of the ones where the AC only stays on if there’s movement in the room? When we stayed at Kidani years ago, I woke up soaking wet with sweat every night (I don’t tolerate heat well) because the thermostat was the motion activated kind.
2) if it is the motion activated kind, what is the fix to keep my room at a nice cool 67 or below all day and night?
3) what kind of toiletries are they offering these days?
4) can we use the Kidani pool? Or will we be too far away from it to go?
5) is there anything pertinent I should know?
6) has anyone used the Minnie Vans from AKL? Just wondering if it was really that much more convenient than the buses.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Hello! I’ll be headed to AKL this weekend. I just changed my room from Pop Century to AKL. So after months of reading everything about Pop, I’m trying to speed read through all of the AKL info before I leave in a few days.
1) what is the temperature control like? Is it one of the ones where the AC only stays on if there’s movement in the room? When we stayed at Kidani years ago, I woke up soaking wet with sweat every night (I don’t tolerate heat well) because the thermostat was the motion activated kind.
2) if it is the motion activated kind, what is the fix to keep my room at a nice cool 67 or below all day and night?
6) has anyone used the Minnie Vans from AKL? Just wondering if it was really that much more convenient than the buses.

1. Don't remember exactly, but I too get hot while sleeping and had no issues keeping the room at 66 all night.
2. If you happen to have troubles, a call to maintenance will resolve it.
3. Still offering the H2O line.
4. Yup. We don't feel it's too far. There is a shuttle between Jambo and Kidani if needed. But we just walked.
5. Have fun!
6. Yes, but only when going to another resort for an early AM ADR. Used the buses for everywhere else and thought they were excellent.

1. Don't remember exactly, but I too get hot while sleeping and had no issues keeping the room at 66 all night.
2. If you happen to have troubles, a call to maintenance will resolve it.
3. Still offering the H2O line.
4. Yup. We don't feel it's too far. There is a shuttle between Jambo and Kidani if needed. But we just walked.
5. Have fun!
6. Yes, but only when going to another resort for an early AM ADR. Used the buses for everywhere else and thought they were excellent.
Thank you! You have been a lifesaver full of info the last few days! Thanks for all of your help!

Hi there! We will be staying at Kidani Village for the first time in November. Is the AC still controlled by motion? That seems very silly with how hot Florida can get. I am the same way you are and don't like sleeping in a warm room, my DH less so lol.

How much better would you guys say AKL is to all the mod resorts ?

I would love to stay there but struggling with the extras costs involved to go there

I would love to stay there but struggling with the extras costs involved to go there
If you spend a lot of time at the resorts like we do, it’s soooo worth it. There are so many activities and obviously the animals. If you are going to be in the parks all day and only go back to sleep, don’t do it. Watch the discounts because deluxes the usually better discounts than moderates that could help offset a little.

If you are going to spend time at the resort, or will use the additional amenities/take part in the activities, then I think it is absolutely worth it, but I am a huge proponent of the lodge so I may be biased. We still enjoy the moderate resorts, but for us, they have a different feel, and we tend to spend more time at the parks when staying at a moderate resort, something about AKL just feels like home to me, so much so that I have no issue spending a whole day there any never seeing the parks.

If you are going to spend time at the resort, or will use the additional amenities/take part in the activities, then I think it is absolutely worth it, but I am a huge proponent of the lodge so I may be biased. We still enjoy the moderate resorts, but for us, they have a different feel, and we tend to spend more time at the parks when staying at a moderate resort, something about AKL just feels like home to me, so much so that I have no issue spending a whole day there any never seeing the parks.
I wish I could walk onto my balcony at home and gaze down at Giraffes and zebras :) I think I wish home felt like AKL!

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has a recent photo of, or knows what brand bottles of red wine are for purchase at Zawadi marketplace. Thanks!

Has anyone used the room service for breakfast? And I saw above someone mentioned Sanaa does quick service breakfast now? Is this true? We have one night in a Savannah room, I want to maximize our time in there and not have to go to Jambo for breakfast if we can avoid it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts