Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We are officially booked for January 28th - February 3rd at Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House!
We are a large party (6 adults, 2 children, 2 infants) and while I was on the phone securing our room-only reservation, the only villa studio available at Jambo house was a Savannah view. This room would be for my cousin & his family.

Now, they are thinking that they may want to switch over to Kidani Village if the studios is less expensive. The cast member suggested that we book at Jambo House because as we have small children, it is smaller or overall less proximity between our room and the food court or bus stops.

Please chime in - will we regret it if we move over to Kidani Village? How much bigger is it? We've stayed in Magnolia House at POR and that felt like quite a walk to the food court each morning. I'm looking at the overall map and Kidani Village looks extremely far from the Mara unless we can get rooms in building 2 towards the far end.

Will you be preparing your own breakfast in the villa each morning? That would be the deciding factor for me.

My kids eat a mickey waffle every single morning in Disney. I’ve requested a room near the Mara knowing we’ll be stopping there for breakfast before heading to the parks.

We are officially booked for January 28th - February 3rd at Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House!
We are a large party (6 adults, 2 children, 2 infants) and while I was on the phone securing our room-only reservation, the only villa studio available at Jambo house was a Savannah view. This room would be for my cousin & his family.

Now, they are thinking that they may want to switch over to Kidani Village if the studios is less expensive. The cast member suggested that we book at Jambo House because as we have small children, it is smaller or overall less proximity between our room and the food court or bus stops.

Please chime in - will we regret it if we move over to Kidani Village? How much bigger is it? We've stayed in Magnolia House at POR and that felt like quite a walk to the food court each morning. I'm looking at the overall map and Kidani Village looks extremely far from the Mara unless we can get rooms in building 2 towards the far end.

I really like both Jambo and Kidani but I think that Jambo is more convenient for The Mara as well as a pool. The gift shop at Jambo is also really nice and the building is just gorgeous. We always pick Jambo unless we are staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom, as then it is worth it to go to Kidani for the extra bathroom.

If you do choose Kidani you can still get a good CS breakfast at the resort as Sanaa serves QS breakfast in the mornings and it is very good.

We would never stay anywhere other than Kidani. We stayed on South trail, close to bus stop. It took about 8 minutes for us to walk to Jambo, and a back and forth shuttle runs as well.
What kind of shuttle is this - it goes from Kidani and Jambo and back and forth? Where do you catch it? How frequently does it run?

What kind of shuttle is this - it goes from Kidani and Jambo and back and forth? Where do you catch it? How frequently does it run?

Yup it goes back and forth from Kidani and Jambo. I believe it picks up at the bus stops but I'm not 100% sure on that.

It is basically a full sized van. Last year we would catch it not far from the front doors of the lobby around valet parking. It runs pretty constantly back and forth between the resorts. I do not know the hours of operation.

Yup it goes back and forth from Kidani and Jambo. I believe it picks up at the bus stops but I'm not 100% sure on that.

It is basically a full sized van. Last year we would catch it not far from the front doors of the lobby around valet parking. It runs pretty constantly back and forth between the resorts. I do not know the hours of operation.
Pick up is not at the bus stops - it is right outside the lobby at both Kidani and Jambo - ask the bell hop/valet staff out front, they'll show you where to wait. However, should you find yourself at the bus stop just hop on a DS bus to go to Kidani from Jambo and any park bus to go from Kidani to Jambo (do verify w/ driver as occasionally they deviate.)
As of last Dec. when we were there it had grown from a large van into a much more convenient small bus :)
I believe it runs back and forth between the two lobbies pretty much non stop throughout the day and evening - I'd check w/ the front desk or staff at the entries to the lobbies re: hours it doesn't run.

Pick up is not at the bus stops - it is right outside the lobby at both Kidani and Jambo - ask the bell hop/valet staff out front, they'll show you where to wait. However, should you find yourself at the bus stop just hop on a DS bus to go to Kidani from Jambo and any park bus to go from Kidani to Jambo (do verify w/ driver as occasionally they deviate.)
As of last Dec. when we were there it had grown from a large van into a much more convenient small bus :)
I believe it runs back and forth between the two lobbies pretty much non stop throughout the day and evening - I'd check w/ the front desk or staff at the entries to the lobbies re: hours it doesn't run.

Thank you! I was just going to ask about the bus schedule! This is so helpful.

We would never stay anywhere other than Kidani. We stayed on South trail, close to bus stop. It took about 8 minutes for us to walk to Jambo, and a back and forth shuttle runs as well.

We voted against Kidani because there are few 1br villas that are in building two which is closest to Mara. With the little ones who get hangry in the morning, it’s just overall better for us.

How often will you be eating at Mara? I do not think Mara is convenient to Kidani AT ALL. We stayed at Jambo House and it was very close. On the same note, though, we thought that we would be eating at Mara more often than we actually did. We only at there twice: one dinner and one breakfast. The menu is very small and we just weren't interested in eating the same food every day. If Mara is the only thing holding you back, then I'd book at Kidani and save money. Also for small children I think the splash area at Kidani is nicer than the baby pool at Jambo.

We have 4 little ones traveling with us so we want to be close to the food court because they are early risers and need to eat. The adults will likely have breakfast in the park.

Will you be preparing your own breakfast in the villa each morning? That would be the deciding factor for me.

My kids eat a mickey waffle every single morning in Disney. I’ve requested a room near the Mara knowing we’ll be stopping there for breakfast before heading to the parks.

My oldest niece is the same way. When we went in 2015, either my BIL or I would head to the food court to get her breakfast waffle and then get on the bus. My youngest nexus (will be 18 mo) is a serious breakfast baby and needs to eat or gets real hangry. Also, we like the closeness factor.

I really like both Jambo and Kidani but I think that Jambo is more convenient for The Mara as well as a pool. The gift shop at Jambo is also really nice and the building is just gorgeous. We always pick Jambo unless we are staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom, as then it is worth it to go to Kidani for the extra bathroom.

If you do choose Kidani you can still get a good CS breakfast at the resort as Sanaa serves QS breakfast in the mornings and it is very good.

Thanks for the info - Sanaa is definitely on our list!

Thanks for all your input. We ended up going the cost efficient route and moved my cousin & his family into a regular standard view room in the main lodge since they are only 2 ad, 1 ch and 1 infant. This guarantees we are all in the same building. I will be sending in a request for a room close to Mara though.

I am just now finding out about the pool being closed! I booked our 8 night October trip right at the 11 month mark. Really upsetting that I found this info out on a social media group. I have not received any notification whatsoever! I called DVC and they really could've cared less. Just basically said to put in a waitlist in. Yeah, like that has a chance of coming through during F&W. This info should have been made available to us before the 7 month mark so we could plan accordingly to switch. Not happy!
They don't seem to care one bit. Why not make pool renovations in January/February when it is a bit colder in Florida and wouldn't be at a very busy time of year.

DOes anyone know what they are doing with the pool? I am one who is also upset about the closure for a September stay. Are they completely re-imagining it? Adding?

We just had an amazing stay at AKL. We paid for standard, I sent a room request via touring plans, just requesting upper floor and Zebra trail. I got exactly what I requested with just one of those people pens and a great view of a variety of animals from our balcony every day. I am SO glad that we didn't pay for Savannah view.

Zero issues with parking (we booked back in December) Really great customer service at the check-in desk and we stopped there several times for different questions or needs. Room was clean, beds comfortable.

We didn't have housekeeping every day but on the days when they did a security check, they called first and asked when a convenient time to stop by would be. On our last full day we did get a knock on the door and we told them that the kids were napping and they said they would come back later. The second woman who came back was very odd... walked in the room and said she needed to make sure the lights were working (??) But other than that last day, they were very respectful.

Looks like it finally happened. Most of our devotees to this great thread have tuned out because of all of the pool talk. I found this at the bottom of page 3.

I haven't even had a chance to see what the pool hoopla is about. Gonna have to go back and read through.

I have a question regarding our reservation. We rented DVC points and are booked at AKL in a 1 bedroom suite w/ savanna view. Are all 1 bedrooms at AKL club level?

I have a question regarding our reservation. We rented DVC points and are booked at AKL in a 1 bedroom suite w/ savanna view. Are all 1 bedrooms at AKL club level?

I don't believe so. I think in order to get a club level room you have to specifically reserve it.

No they are not all club level and unfortunately there are very few one bedroom villas that are club level. If you didn't work with someone specifically to book you a club level villa I can nearly guarantee you it's not. Owners have a very hard time securing them.

Is there a list or visual chart of all the different animals that you can see in the Savannah? I think my kids would like to do a bit of a sightseeing scavenger hunt, if there is something like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter