Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

I really like the refurb looks great! Glad to see the Keurig coffee machine and the new flooring, a little sad to see the ceiling fans are gone vs. older pictures I’ve seen but it’ll be fine iI love how much brighter the rooms seem now. I hope by the time I get to AKL in September we have a renovated room, that would be super exciting.

on witch section and kategorie are the rooms finished already?

We are staying at AKL Jambo in June. Hope to get a new room

Are they refurbishing all of AKL rooms?

Also, is the Jambo House same thing as AKL? What is the difference?

Last edited:

Yes, filters and loose coffee work fine. I bring basket type filters and ground coffee.

For Jambo DVC, is this the smaller flat bottom coffee filters? Or full size/ cone? Additionally, has anyone stayed in Jambo DVC recently that can confirm that they coffee makers haven't been switched for Keurigs or something else?

Are they refurbishing all of AKL rooms?

Usually when people say AKL they are talking about Jambo house. Jambo house is the original AKL, a while ago some of its rooms were converted to DVC rooms but all of the regular resort rooms are there. Then they built a second building, Kidani, which is all DVC.

As for refurbishment, IDK but I assume they are doing all of the resort rooms at Jambo House but not DVC since that is a different refurb schedule usually.

Usually when people say AKL they are talking about Jambo house. Jambo house is the original AKL, a while ago some of its rooms were converted to DVC rooms but all of the regular resort rooms are there. Then they built a second building, Kidani, which is all DVC.

As for refurbishment, IDK but I assume they are doing all of the resort rooms at Jambo House but not DVC since that is a different refurb schedule usually.

When I go to Disney website to book a resort there are three options.

1. Animal kingdom lodge
2. Animal kingdom lodge - Jambo House
3. Kidani village

I get the last is DVC, but if the others are the same why two different categories? Thanks in advance .

When the resort first opened there was only one building - Animal Kingdom Lodge - AKL. Then they converted the rooms on the 5th and 6th floors into DVC villas at that original building and named it Jambo House to distinguish it from the new DVC building which they built nearby and named Kidani.
Jambo House has hotel rooms & suites and DVC villas. It has the QS restaurant - Mara, a large pool, a signature restaurant - Jiko, a buffet - Boma, a bar - Victoria Falls, a large open lobby, a large gift shop, etc.
Kidani only has DVC villas, so studios, 1 br.s, 2 br.s, and 3 br.s. The lobby is more intimate, the pool is smaller - but has an excellent kids play area, the gift shop is smaller, the table service restaurant - Sanaa is the only restaurant that actually fronts a savanna and has great food IMO, although the food may be a bit too exotic for some.
You can use the facilities of both buildings when you are staying at either and can hop on the internal shuttle bus or walk about 10 minutes from one to the other.
I think technically AKL refers to both Jambo and Kidani, although in my mind I assume when someone says or writes AKL they are referring to Jambo - probably because when I first stayed there circa 2001/2 Kidani was not yet built.

1. Animal kingdom lodge
3. Kidani village

I get the last is DVC, but if the others are the same why two different categories? Thanks in advance .
I assume
1. Animal Kingdom Lodge = hotel rooms and suites in Jambo House
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House = DVC villas on the 5th/6th floor of Jambo House
3. Kidani village - DVC villas in the Kidani village building

I assume
1. Animal Kingdom Lodge = hotel rooms and suites in Jambo House
2. Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House = DVC villas on the 5th/6th floor of Jambo House
3. Kidani village - DVC villas in the Kidani village building

Thanks. Makes sense.

1. Animal kingdom lodge
3. Kidani village

1. Animal kingdom lodge usually refers to a resort room- they are all in Jambo House
2. Animal kingdom lodge Jambo House is a DVC room in Jambo house, I assume. Does it say something about deluxe studio or 1 bedroom, etc... as it is written technically your #1 and #2 are ambiguous, and could mean the same rooms without more info.
3. Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani Village is a DVC room in Kidani Village

Technically Jambo house and Kidani Village together make up AKL. It’s just that since Kidani Village is all DVC and Jambo House has beem there the longest, a lot of time people just say AKL and will mean a resort room in Jambo house.

Without seeing your screen I assume your #2 and #3 are DVC room options that you could book with cash. Are the rooms acailable called studios,
One bedroom or 2 bedrooms?

Did that help or muddy it more!!:rotfl2:

I am really trying to like these refurbed rooms, but so far I just can't. I liked how dark the rooms felt, I liked the carpeting and I thought the nets were a really nice touch. I am sure I'll come around, but for now :furious: :sad: :furious:

I am really trying to like these refurbed rooms, but so far I just can't. I liked how dark the rooms felt, I liked the carpeting and I thought the nets were a really nice touch. I am sure I'll come around, but for now :furious: :sad: :furious:

See I for one do not like the sheer drapes above the bed, looked incomplete.....

I liked that this seemed to lighten up the dark rooms :D. However I did like the nets before, and I’m starting to come around a bit on the vinyl flooring instead of carpet. Not fully, but a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter