Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

We just finished our seven night trip. First time staying at AKL, savanna view rooms 2417 and 2419 on the zebra trail. Most of the time we had animals in front of our room but every night from 4:30 to 6:30 the animals were fed right in front of our balcony and I don’t know how many animals are in each savanna but I would say they were all there every night. We were very close to the lobby and Boma and pool and elevators. Fantastic location for those who don’t like to walk. We did not have a sprawling view of the Savannah but we did not need it with the animals right in front of us. Also when we were on our balcony there was no privacy at all because there was a savanna viewing area right across from our room. This did not bother us at all however so we were very happy with our rooms and the view.
Every year I stay at the SOG so I was very concerned that the rooms were going to be a lot smaller but I was pleasantly surprised. There was not a lot of storage for our clothes but our suitcases fit very nicely underneath of the beds and we could just pull them out like drawers. I absolutely loved the decor. Yes it was a bit dark and yes they could’ve used a light up make up mirror but beyond that I am in love. My DS8 is obsessed with animals and we did all of the bead activities and spoke to several cultural representatives about the animals. They really took their time with my son and we learned a lot! They really make the kids work to earn their beads! I am happy to answer all the questions that I can. We were there for a full seven nights and honestly I could’ve done two weeks! The activities are endless. It was so nice to come back to AKL when we were done at the parks. The parks were extremely crowded and I definitely would’ve been OK with just staying at the resort the whole time.

Glad you enjoyed the resort! Since you mentioned lighted makeup mirrors: the DVC villas have them (those rooms were refurbished several years ago). The AKL Resort rooms are getting them during the current refurbishment! :thumbsup2

I'm curious about the room refurbs. Anyone going to AKL soon that can ask onsite about the refurb schedule? We have a reservation at the end of July and would *not* be happy to have a cherry-picker in front of our savanna-view room.

P.S. - I really like the new floors!

So excited to stay my first time at AKL!!! We just joined DVC so we reserved a room at Kidani in a 2 BR dedicated villa. My daughter Daisy will be celebrating her birthday and graduating from college with a wildlife management degree so being able to see all of the animals is going to be the best thing ever for her. but can anyone tell me if there is breakfast served at Sanaa? A few items are listed and I;m reading other conflicting reports. If they do serve it, is it a table service or quick service credit? Also, where can I get coffee and sodas? I dont mins taking the shuttle between the two houses but if I can refill my mug close by, I will!

Glad you enjoyed the resort! Since you mentioned lighted makeup mirrors: the DVC villas have them (those rooms were refurbished several years ago). The AKL Resort rooms are getting them during the current refurbishment! :thumbsup2
Oh I do need a lighted make up mirror! I wonder if the pool view rooms will have them by the end of June?

So excited to stay my first time at AKL!!! We just joined DVC so we reserved a room at Kidani in a 2 BR dedicated villa. My daughter Daisy will be celebrating her birthday and graduating from college with a wildlife management degree so being able to see all of the animals is going to be the best thing ever for her. but can anyone tell me if there is breakfast served at Sanaa? A few items are listed and I;m reading other conflicting reports. If they do serve it, is it a table service or quick service credit? Also, where can I get coffee and sodas? I dont mins taking the shuttle between the two houses but if I can refill my mug close by, I will!
Sounds like a wonderful celebration!

Coffee and soda are available in the gift shop in the Kidani lobby. There’s a mug refill station there so you won’t need to go to Jambo house just for that.

Sanaa serves a quick service breakfast from 7-10 AM along with some grab and go items:

220B5770-C706-4167-AC70-F377BAAD7041.jpeg

Hey folks, 1st timer at the AK-Jambo, is there a favorite floor, building, location you all prefer, what savanna view is your go to?

Hey folks, 1st timer at the AK-Jambo, is there a favorite floor, building, location you all prefer, what savanna view is your go to?
Assuming you are in a savanna view normal hotel room, 3rd floor Zebra trail Arusha savanna view is a nice option for a first stay as Zebra trail has elevators directly down to the pool and the QS restaurant Mara and Arusha is the central savanna. If standard view, then Kudu trail is a good request as many of those room have partial views of Sunset savanna which are classified as standard view.
BTW there’s only 2 buildings - you are in Jambo. The other building is Kidani which is only DVC villas.

I will try to post more photos later I’m having issues with resizing them. We had about 20 animals in front of our room every night from 4:30 to 6:30. Throughout the rest of the day it was pretty sparse directly in front of our room but you could see them further out on the Savannah. The rock formation in the first picture is where guests from everywhere can view the Savannah. We were laughing one night because we left our blinds open and you could see directly into our room from that area. Luckily we have nothing to hide!

I will try to post more photos later I’m having issues with resizing them. We had about 20 animals in front of our room every night from 4:30 to 6:30. Throughout the rest of the day it was pretty sparse directly in front of our room but you could see them further out on the Savannah. The rock formation in the first picture is where guests from everywhere can view the Savannah. We were laughing one night because we left our blinds open and you could see directly into our room from that area. Luckily we have nothing to hide!

Hello my fellow AKL lover!!!

YES PLEASE post away, this is the kind of 411 I am looking for, thanks so much!!!

Yeah that would be weird having people able to look right into your room lol.

Yeah that would be weird having people able to look right into your room lol.
There used to be a notice in your room warning you to close your drapes for privacy as they had cameras aimed towards the balconies (presumably to curtail guests from tossing trash/cig.s onto the savannas - or maybe even climbing into the savannas?) :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter