Jambo vs Kidani - the full battle!

Can I get back to you on this? We are doing a split stay in March. 3 nights in Jambo deluxe studio no savannah view. Then 3 nights in Kidani Deluxe Studio with a Savannah view. We will see if the extra food and amenities at Jambo outweigh the savannah view in Kidani.

I want to hear back from you! I am contemplating Kidani vs Jambo for next year. :)

So Jambo and Kidani still share busses huh?
We stayed at AKL Jambo house right after Kidani opened and the bus service was dreadful. We were there in early December and it seemed that every MK bus that came to Jambo was already jammed packed from Kidani.
Maybe it was because Kidani had just openend and they were working out the kinks.
It has stopped us from booking AKL again though.
By far the worst bus service we've had at any resort.
The lodge is beautiful though. I'd love to stay there again, but I am gun shy because of the bus experience.

I've stayed at both - and I likely will not stay at Jambo again. I LOVE Kidani.

The reality is this - it depends on what you are looking for. I love Kidani for the quiet feel. I rarely/never eat QS at my resort - so I don't need to be close to Mara. It's a plus for me that there is no QS/less foot traffic around the resort. The pool, IMO, is better at Kidani. Animal viewing on the Sunset Savanna at Kidani is always good. I like that Kidani is served first by the buses - folks are more aggressive at the Jambo House bus stops. The underground parking is great. I am MUCH more likely to enjoy a drink on my balcony enjoying the view than going to the lounge. While the lobby at AKL is beautiful - it frequently feels busy and dynamic - Kidani's feels like a great place to relax for a few minutes.

To me - it's like Jambo House is for extroverts and Kidani is for introverts. I'm an introvert!

We only stayed at Jambo, fwiw, but I would have been bummed if we ended up at Kidani. We walked to Kidani to go to Sanaa. Given how often we went to the gift shop, The Mara, etc. I really loved the convenience of having it all so close. The Lobby is just gorgeous. Kidani has a more intimate lobby and a small shop. I thought it was nice, but just not as "epic" as Jambo.

This describes us. Jambo was so cool, then we took a walk over to Kidani to check it out, and I was like eh, is this all you got? Yes, it was nice. Period. Jambo was amazing.

Is there a quick service restaurant or cafe on site at Kindani to grab a quick breakfast? Or do you have to trek to Jambo for this? TIA!

I've stayed at Jambo 3 times, and a couple years back Kidani once.

I MUCH preferred Jambo as far as location (but I won't do a hotel room with all 4 of us, so we'd need 2 rooms; when we stayed before it was a long time ago with the kids were little and we were okay with a room). We tend to grab food at the Mara, and the hike from Kidani was a PITA. Totally.

I did like having the washer/dryer and the kitchen for snacks and drinks, but the walk to Kidani to the Mara was a pain (or waiting on the shuttle).

I doubt I'll stay at either in the future; last trip I also didn't care for the bus service quite as much as the years past. If I did stay, it would be Jambo in a club room, though.

Is there a quick service restaurant or cafe on site at Kindani to grab a quick breakfast? Or do you have to trek to Jambo for this? TIA!

Sanaa serves breakfast, there are grab and go items as well as hot items. You order at a cashier and indicate whether you want to take it to-go, and they will put it in containers and bag it for you, or you can also find a table in the restaurant and they will deliver your food to you to eat there.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/animal-kingdom-villas-kidani/sanaa/menus/breakfast/

I know this thread is generally Jambo vs. Kidani, but since there seem to be a lot of experienced travelers replying: preference between Kidani savannah view (studio) vs. non-savannah view Jambo? I'm looking to rent next year and a savannah view studio is in my budget, but not a 1-bedroom savannah view. My impression is that only Kidani has the savannah view studios. Would savannah view make or break for anyone?

I know this thread is generally Jambo vs. Kidani, but since there seem to be a lot of experienced travelers replying: preference between Kidani savannah view (studio) vs. non-savannah view Jambo? I'm looking to rent next year and a savannah view studio is in my budget, but not a 1-bedroom savannah view. My impression is that only Kidani has the savannah view studios. Would savannah view make or break for anyone?

There are savanna view studios at both Kidani and Jambo. I prefer savanna view, but we tend to spend a bit of time at the resort, for a studio just go with whichever building you prefer (if there is availability at both), if you were doing a 1 bedroom (standard or savanna) I would highly recommend Kidani for the extra bathroom and generally better set up of the room.

We haven't experienced either, lodging or food. We booked a short two-night stay in a studio with Savannah view at Jambo. We plan to try the dining at a couple on-site restaurants. We normally would opt for the peaceful resort, so probably Kidani. But its a short trip, and we want to experience as much as possible to get a sense of whether we'll stay for a full on vacation here in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter