Jambo

It is the NBA issue, but they are taking away access to the QS. How is that possible. I heard it was through the end of the year, but the new rumor is through Jan. I hope not as I have reservation in Jan. I wouldn't mind moving to another resort if it comes to that.

It is the NBA issue, but they are taking away access to the QS. How is that possible. I heard it was through the end of the year, but the new rumor is through Jan. I hope not as I have reservation in Jan. I wouldn't mind moving to another resort if it comes to that.

If it were to be true that NBA goes there, a QS location would be created at Kidani with most likely, limited menus. As long as guests have access to food, nothing says it has to be as extensive as Mara.

I have a value studio for a few nights and then a few nights in a CL studio in September. I they want to move me to the Poly for the duration then I wouldn't mind. :)

I am waitlisting one night for the Poly in September and if i get that then I will release the value studio back to they system.

I think it would be better if the NBA looked into Riviera since it is not sold out and it is more of a "bubble".

We bought our AKV contract May 2019 and we only have 125 pts, but if I didn't have access to Jambo House then I would not be happy. I am sure Kidani is lovely, but I like Jambo House.

I think it would be kind of cool seeing LeBron James or K Durant. I bet I could get my son to come back to WDW with me !

If it were to be true that NBA goes there, a QS location would be created at Kidani with most likely, limited menus. As long as guests have access to food, nothing says it has to be as extensive as Mara.
If we get bumped, I just checked availibitlity for the nine days we are there and there is availibilty everywhere but Beach Club. Our first choice would be Poly and then Boardwalk. Or they could just keep us at Boulder ridge.

I'm seeing lots of availability at both Kidani and Jambo from January through April.

Well, in THAT case...

Last edited:
It was rumored that Corando Springs Resort went un bookable earlier last month for the NBA. This was when you could book for July1. There are plenty of rooms there for everyone they need with the Grand Destiny Tower.

I hope this isn't the case. My understanding is that they'd want to put everyone at the same resort to keep them isolated -- which would likely mean no Boma or Mara for me 😥 Honestly Coronado makes the most sense to me. It's pretty land-locked. No DVC issues to worry about. Plenty of dining options. And those tower rooms are nicer (in my opinion) than many of the deluxe rooms on property.

LOL the only reason i'm staying at Jambo is because my Brother stayed at Khdani and really didn't care for it. I guess its hard to navigate. So I'm really hoping Jambo is available.
We've stayed at both and there are pros and cons to each. We really love the grand lobby and Arusha Rock outlook at Jambo. As well as the Mara, Boma, Jiko, and the gift shop (which is much more extensive than the mini-mart at Kidani that I pictured above).

At Kidani, there's the possibility of lower floors, giving you closer views to the animals, Sanaa, and covered parking. Also, when we finally get around to staying in a Grand Villa, we plan to book at Kidani for the loft set-up and the fabulous 2-story floor to ceiling window overlooking the Savannah!

Overall, we prefer Jambo but wouldn't hesitate to stay at Kidani.

It was rumored that Corando Springs Resort went un bookable earlier last month for the NBA. This was when you could book for July1. There are plenty of rooms there for everyone they need with the Grand Destiny Tower.
See that is what I was thinking, Taking a mod with a lot of rooms available. Even PoP as it has the most rooms available.

We've stayed at both and there are pros and cons to each. We really love the grand lobby and Arusha Rock outlook at Jambo. As well as the Mara, Boma, Jiko, and the gift shop (which is much more extensive than the mini-mart at Kidani that I pictured above).

At Kidani, there's the possibility of lower floors, giving you closer views to the animals, Sanaa, and covered parking. Also, when we finally get around to staying in a Grand Villa, we plan to book at Kidani for the loft set-up and the fabulous 2-story floor to ceiling window overlooking the Savannah!

Overall, we prefer Jambo but wouldn't hesitate to stay at Kidani.
I agree. I have not stayed at Khidani, my brother is like any room is fine, but in reality he does have his prefrence. He didn't like facing the parking lot right over the bussses and having to hear the beep beep all day and night. I think he just gets frustrated easily. I think if he had a different room and experience on his first trip it would be better.

This whole NBA rumor thing is somewhat interesting - and speculative at this point. But the IDEA of having the remainder of the NBA season at a single spot like WDW seems to be gaining traction. What that means, remains to be seen. But if the DO use WDW for the NBA for what, 2-3 months? The teams will need to have a safe place to stay nearby. So it's not inconceivable that Jambo, being one of their upper-end resorts (of which some of the NBA players are contracted to stay at higher end hotels when on the road!), could be a landing spot for hundreds of NBA players and coaches and staff.

Theoretically, they could move DVC reservations from Jambo to a 'like' reservation at Kidani. The only one they cannot do is the Club Level room, which are available only at Jambo - but since Club Level is so up in the air right now with the virus, that might not be an obstacle either.

FWIW, JAMBO is only partially DVC. In fact, most of the JAMBO rooms belong to Disney's AKL HOTEL, not DVC's AKV.

Why are people assuming that DVC is giving JAMBO DVC rooms to the NBA or any other cash guests? There is no basis for that rumor as far as I'm concerned.

FWIW, JAMBO is only partially DVC. In fact, most of the JAMBO rooms belong to Disney's AKL HOTEL, not DVC's AKV.

Why are people assuming that DVC is giving JAMBO DVC rooms to the NBA or any other cash guests? There is no basis for that rumor as far as I'm concerned.
I'd say there's limited basis for the rumor - not NO basis. The very unusual circumstance of the resort rooms being unavailable through the end of the year, coupled with the NBA push to play there - it's a small leap to this rumor - but still, it is just a rumor.

In reality, though, haven't we been surviving for the most part on these posts on rumors and speculation since March!? Looking forward to more real, official news!

I think a lot of people started speculating that something was up with AKV because DVC availability was pretty much gone through end of year (I'm not DVC - just what I've read on other boards this morning). People were trying to connect some dots. Having said that, I don't think it makes sense.

This I totally understand. Only the fourth floor is DVC at Jambo.

I am hoping they use Coronado Springs. Makes more sense than using Jambo. Coronado seemed to be the preferred choice from the article I saw.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter