Jambo

And now Jambo has been removed from both the Villas July 10th opening date and the list of resorts available for 2021 bookings.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...=EMC-1193383990&cid=1193383990&bid=1119293542

Did they ever update it? I have that window still open and buffered from yesterday's search and it reads:
As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House.

Did they ever update it? I have that window still open and buffered from yesterday's search and it reads:
As Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World prepare to reopen on June 22, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House will not be open during this initial period. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will initially welcome home Members and Guests. Member Services will contact Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House to transfer their existing reservations to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Over time, as the volume of reservations increase, inventory will be expanded to include Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House.
Yes, Jambo House Villas were listed as opening July 10th on the list released this week.

I talked to MS and he first said he was told Jambo was opening July 1. I told him it disappeared from the website (he didn't know), and so he reached out to a manager. Then he said they don't know what date it will open the DVC villas, that Jambo House is owned by Walt Disney Travel and DVC only rents a couple floors from them. They need a decision from Walt Disney Travel on Jambo House. I asked then if that means that the hotel side would open at the same time as DVC rooms, and he thought so. He offered to help me change or cancel, but said if I really want Jambo I should hang on. No idea when they would know, but said MS would contact us by 7 days before arrival if we had to move or cancel. He said they are currently working on reservations before July 1. I don't want to go to Kidani, the three bedroom there is not equivalent to the three bedroom at Jambo. Head bang!

Also, I mentioned to MS that sites like BlogMickey reported on Jambo Villas dropping from the July 10 list of hotels, and he said that it wasn't an official Disney site. I said that Disney has not communicated anything, so in the absence of information, people look for what they can. And I said technically, by removing Jambo Villas from the July 10 list, Disney was communicating that it wouldn't be open, so hence my call from an "official source".

He was very nice and tried to be helpful, but MS is getting squeezed between WDW and their members.

Also, I mentioned to MS that sites like BlogMickey reported on Jambo Villas dropping from the July 10 list of hotels, and he said that it wasn't an official Disney site. I said that Disney has not communicated anything, so in the absence of information, people look for what they can. And I said technically, by removing Jambo Villas from the July 10 list, Disney was communicating that it wouldn't be open, so hence my call from an "official source".

He was very nice and tried to be helpful, but MS is getting squeezed between WDW and their members.
Thanks so much for your report. So disappointing. I feel like we keep getting jerked around on where Jambo house stands. I feel bad for MS and also the phone CM on the cash side as well. I have often told my husband through this that I feel like Disney is using them as almost “human shields” since they aren’t equipped with the information they need to do their jobs effectively and are basically being hung out to dry.

Thanks so much for your report. So disappointing. I feel like we keep getting jerked around on where Jambo house stands. I feel bad for MS and also the phone CM on the cash side as well. I have often told my husband through this that I feel like Disney is using them as almost “human shields” since they aren’t equipped with the information they need to do their jobs effectively and are basically being hung out to dry.

I agree and what doesn’t make sense is what happened in less than a week that got it removed?

Since it was only the villas to begin with, and not the hotel, it just seems odd..

Oh my goodness, they just cannot get their right hand (paw?) to figure out what the left hand is doing. Here is the new message on the DVC site regarding Jambo:

All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.

Oh my goodness, they just cannot get their right hand (paw?) to figure out what the left hand is doing. Here is the new message on the DVC site regarding Jambo:

All Disney Vacation Club Resorts at Walt Disney World are now open with the exception of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House which will open July 10. Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village is open and welcoming home Members and Guests. Members with confirmed reservations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House prior to July 10, will be transferred to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. Upon the reopening of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House, Uzima Pool will also open, however, all other amenities such as restaurants and merchandise locations will remain closed until the rest of the Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge opens. A shuttle from Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village will be provided where available merchandise locations and restaurants are located.

Okay...so, maybe it was removed from Disney site because it was being confused with AKL?

But seriously, if I was someone staying at AKV, I’d be so confused and irritated!

MS says that people can book Jambo House hotel side using Disney Collection starting July 10th. Does this sound right considering that Disney pulled their opening date for Jambo off the annual calendar altogether?

She said it's "as of yesterday" that they've "announced" that both sides of Jambo are slated to open July 10th. I can't keep up, honestly.

Last edited:
I'll admit that I have absolutely no horse in this race having recently canceled everything we had booked. But, I have been following this Jambo saga from the beginning. As a whole, I agree that Disney and DVC want to appear to be doing everything they can to accommodate guests. The key word is 'appear." These are data mining super star corporations. They have had 3 months to gauge room to guest ratios, capacity goals, and get it together. Correct me if I'm wrong as others here have had more MS interaction and been directly impacted by the Jambo fiasco. I have seen hotel and dvc guests from Jambo being moved with the speculation that one of the sports leagues was to be housed at Jambo. Then almost as simultaneously as the announcement that MLS was being housed at Swan/Dolphin , DVC (Teri) released an announcement that a glitch was prohibiting Jambo DVC bookings and they had no knowledge of it (huh?). Jambo opens up big time on the RAT within hours, it's listed as opening, then not so sure which date, but some guests on both sides still being reassured it should be open for their travel dates, then this? Credibility is a huge element of any relationship. When those in decision making capacities miscommunicate, misdirect, misinform to this degree, it diminishes their credibility. CM are notoriously giving wrong information out both TWDC and DVC side. It's not their fault but, upline somewhere, someone is dropping the ball over and over. They can and should do better than this for all guests DVC and resort.

I think the problem here is that there are too many people inside Disney who do not understand the breakdown of AKL/AKV-Jambo and AKV Kidani. While those who make the decisions probably do understand this, those who write out the updates and publish them do not always.

I believe WL is going though a similar misunderstanding with VWL-CC being based inside the main building, except since it is a stand alone DVC it must be opened, no moving people over to VWL-BR.

Last edited:
MS says that people can book Jambo House hotel side using Disney Collection starting July 10th. Does this sound right considering that Disney pulled their opening date for Jambo off the annual calendar altogether?

She said it's "as of yesterday" that they've "announced" that both sides of Jambo are slated to open July 10th. I can't keep up, honestly.

Not according to my friend who is a TA who can not book any AKL cash rooms, even into 2021.

Okay...so, maybe it was removed from Disney site because it was being confused with AKL?

But seriously, if I was someone staying at AKV, I’d be so confused and irritated!
I am confused and irritated!

MS this morning said they do not know when it will open for Jambo DVC, but indicated they were at the mercy of whatever Walt Disney Travel decides to do with Jambo House since that is who actually owns the property.

I am confused and irritated!

MS this morning said they do not know when it will open for Jambo DVC, but indicated they were at the mercy of whatever Walt Disney Travel decides to do with Jambo House since that is who actually owns the property.

People are posting on the regular Resorts forum that nothing at Jambo is opening and are being moved again, and there is no open date.

People are posting on the regular Resorts forum that nothing at Jambo is opening and are being moved again, and there is no open date.
This is breaking my heart. I just want to see Jambo open and thriving. Why not close those values and move folks in?

This is breaking my heart. I just want to see Jambo open and thriving. Why not close those values and move folks in?

Pop is opening and can accommodate so many more guests than AKL. Most other value guests are being moved there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!