Jambo

To me it makes no sense to have the NBA at Jambo. You can't keep the bubble there when kidani folks can just walk over and if they're bringing back Mara staff, you'll have kidani folks going over for food. I can see them moving Jambo folk over to kidani until the animal kingdom lodge is fully open to cut down on staffing due to the limited number of dvc rooms at jambo.

It wouldn't be any great challenge to place wooden barricades and security at Jambo access points. They'll do that with any resort used to house pro sports teams. Admittedly, Coronado Springs would bring an added level of separation.

It's been implied that NBA may have access to more than one resort. And MLS will need a home too.

It's hard to see the value in getting upset.

WDW holds info very close to their chest and the community often tries to piece things together. Look at how many boards discuss what may be going on with SpaceShip Earth, HarmonioUS date, GFV walkway, etc. It's unreasonable to expect a community of WDW planners to avoid discussing anything until Disney officially posts.

Something is going on with inventory, people are curious. Most of us are familiar enough to realize the potential causes are speculation and are not building a trip around this info. Does everything need a 'lawyer label' to warn us to use common sense?

WDW holds info very close to their chest and the community often tries to piece things together. Look at how many boards discuss what may be going on with SpaceShip Earth, HarmonioUS date, GFV walkway, etc. It's unreasonable to expect a community of WDW planners to avoid discussing anything until Disney officially posts.

Something is going on with inventory, people are curious. Most of us are familiar enough to realize the potential causes are speculation and are not building a trip around this info. Does everything need a 'lawyer label' to warn us to use common sense?
This is so very true. I have worked in customer service field for over 20 years and it's 5 percent knowledge and 95 percent believing what you are telling the customer is right and BS. You can ask all you want and ask five different people and get five different answers because like here, we are talking to them and they are picking up rumors that sound credible. So they may say another rumor. Unfortunately until Disney announces anything that is all it is, Rumor. Life is ever changing and I look forward to my next vacation in Jan. I'm not even bothered if there is shortened hours, and smaller park goers. I, like many others don't spend enough time at the parks. I've been going for years and own at two different places but I can honestly say that I have only ever been in any pool once and I've stayed at Beach club and not even been in that pool. I've missed out on so much more that Disney has to offer that isn't in the parks. I'm looking forward to trying something new. Like the time I was there during the hurricane.

I look at it like a game. If a game isn't fun, I don't play it. Disney consistantly surprises me.

I feel like I'm missing something - if the NBA did use Jambo, would it need to be block for the whole year?
Or would it just be for the playoffs to finish this year? That wouldn't last thru December, or would it?
Hoping to finish my already booked Jambo stay with one more night on December 5th.

I feel like I'm missing something - if the NBA did use Jambo, would it need to be block for the whole year?
Or would it just be for the playoffs to finish this year? That wouldn't last thru December, or would it?
Hoping to finish my already booked Jambo stay with one more night on December 5th.

It seems blocked until January...then wide open

It seems blocked until January...then wide open

Another random question. IF Jambo is closed for a sports organization, and IF no members are able to use any of the rooms or amenities during this period (I am not saying I think this is what is happening), we would not have to pay for a few line items from maintenance fees, correct? If the resorts are being used, but not available for members, I don't expect to be paying for a few items as an AKV owner, but maybe I am wrong.

Now through to January would fall within 7 months so if Disney wanted could they not use their own points from various resorts, along with breakage, to essentially book the Jambo rooms and convert to cash? In which case they would just be paying their portion of dues on those rooms. I'm not saying they are doing this, just figuring how they possibly could if they were to want to do so.

Another random question. IF Jambo is closed for a sports organization, and IF no members are able to use any of the rooms or amenities during this period (I am not saying I think this is what is happening), we would not have to pay for a few line items from maintenance fees, correct? If the resorts are being used, but not available for members, I don't expect to be paying for a few items as an AKV owner, but maybe I am wrong.

If a resort is closed, correct. IMO...and just that...AKV is a hard one because Jambo is a building, not its own resort. SSR has several buildings but one resort.

So, some expense normally at Jambo might now be shifted to Kidani to compensate for loss of whatever from Jambo, The two areas I see that could impact it would be pool costs and some housekeeping..but if DVC is using the rooms with there own points and applying cost of room toward breakage...then it’s not so clear.

Now through to January would fall within 7 months so if Disney wanted could they not use their own points from various resorts, along with breakage, to essentially book the Jambo rooms and convert to cash? In which case they would just be paying their portion of dues on those rooms. I'm not saying they are doing this, just figuring how they possibly could if they were to want to do so.

Yes. The tricky part once other WDW resorts open is whether thsn can legally keep out any owner already booked in rooms for this reason.

But, if someone decides to cancel an AKV Jambo room, they can snatch it up. If Disney stops offer CL for awhile...rumored it may at first...they can pull those completely out of service, and move guests.

Hopefully, we here end of week about NBA!

If a resort is closed, correct. IMO...and just that...AKV is a hard one because Jambo is a building, not its own resort. SSR has several buildings but one resort.

So, some expense normally at Jambo might now be shifted to Kidani to compensate for loss of whatever from Jambo, The two areas I see that could impact it would be pool costs and some housekeeping..but if DVC is using the rooms with there own points and applying cost of room toward breakage...then it’s not so clear.

So this would not impact what we pay for our portion of the front desk or luggage services or transportation that are specific to Jambo? I can't imagine why Kidani would need more staff than usual to staff their front desk or bell services it isn't like Kidani would need more people to run these aspects of the resort than they usually have for full occupancy. Same with the pool, why would people move from Jambo to Kidani, the Kidani pool is already fully staffed by lifeguards and such it doesn't seem like there are a lot of roles to move over that aren't already covered. I really don't have the answers it just seems like this idea opens up a lot of questions and I for sure don't have the answers.

So this would not impact what we pay for our portion of the front desk or luggage services or transportation that are specific to Jambo? I can't imagine why Kidani would need more staff than usual to staff their front desk or bell services it isn't like Kidani would need more people to run these aspects of the resort than they usually have for full occupancy. Same with the pool, why would people move from Jambo to Kidani, the Kidani pool is already fully staffed by lifeguards and such it doesn't seem like there are a lot of roles to move over that aren't already covered. I really don't have the answers it just seems like this idea opens up a lot of questions and I for sure don't have the answers.

That is why I said I am not sure...because if DVD is using rooms as breakage...we would then still be covering the costs....doesn’t matter if it was the NBA paying or a cash guest.

It is just not that simple...and remember, they do not have to wait until an actual 60 days before to pull...they have the authority to anticipate. Also, nothing in the rules say they can’t use those trends from years past to pull all from Jambo and none from Kidani...

Things with NBA were just approved and I believe it said they May arrive July 7th...I have a feeling we will here something next week or two.

Like any budget, costs are fluid and a reduction in one area can be offset by an unexpected increase in another.

Not staffing front desk, housekeeping and many other positions at Jambo would theoretically reduce costs. However, Disney now finds itself with unanticipated expenses for erecting barriers at front desks and extra resort cleaning due to Covid.

Costs for owners of Animal Kingdom Villas would certainly be lower without Jambo than with Jambo, but it's difficult to predict whether or not they will be less than budgeted for the year.

Like any budget, costs are fluid and a reduction in one area can be offset by an unexpected increase in another.

Not staffing front desk, housekeeping and many other positions at Jambo would theoretically reduce costs. However, Disney now finds itself with unanticipated expenses for erecting barriers at front desks and extra resort cleaning due to Covid.

Costs for owners of Animal Kingdom Villas would certainly be lower without Jambo than with Jambo, but it's difficult to predict whether or not they will be less than budgeted for the year.

Now this I totally agree with, I don't expect my MFs to go down at all with all the new features you describe above, as well as increased cleaning. I was just curious how the MFs for items that will be in use by the NBA (or other sports organization) but not by members might be handled.

So looking at the call back for staff. They are calling back for Mara but it appears to just be for breakfast. That seems odd to me since it's the one QS on property. I would think if they are going to close one it would be Khidani as it has only one restaurant and not three.

I have 1 night in September at Jambo in a CL studio. We have a week before that at OKW but wanted to just take 1-2 days to relax at the end of the trip. If I get asked to move over to Kidani I would ask for a couple meals to be comped in lieu of having the food & drink from the lounge (worth a shot lol).

If Mara is only open for breakfast, I think Jambo house is closed for now...until the hotel part reopens.. Perhaps they have the Mara staff providing quick service breakfast for sale in Sanaa. Last time we were at kidani they sold quick service breakfast at sanaa, then had table service lunch and dinner.

Just my thoughts on Jambo. I'm thinking it is because of the animals. The animals have been kept elsewhere this entire time, being cared for likely in the same place as DAK's animals. I might be mistaken but DVC is not necessarily obligated to bring the animals back for DVC members ATM, are they?
So by just opening Kidani and moving any Jambo DVC bookings over to Kidani, they can keep what must be a very expensive to run resort, closed and keep all the animals and caretakers in a single location.
Cash guests wouldn't tolerate paying AKL prices without animals so keeping the entire place shuttered just makes good financial sense.

The animals on all the savannahs are all under the same personnel care, barns etc. Closing a savannah or two would actually be more traumatic and troublesome I'd believe. I haven't paid attention but I'd be very surprised if they moved the animals elsewhere during the closures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter