Jambo

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Not one room of any size available from July to end of year....didn’t check beyond that.

Something is up

Not one room of any size available from July to end of year....didn’t check beyond that.

Something is up
I'm pretty sure it's just booked up. Availabilty pops up from time to time. People have been mentioning it for a few days but if you check randomly there can be rooms available. Earlier today there were a few days in June/July for both value and savannah view studios.

But every room, of every size, for that many months without one open day?

That seems very odd. Especially since the the last few weeks I have been stalking the end of October, and there has been Jambo 1 bedroom for the entire stay...even this morning,,,

Yeah, I just took a closer look through the rest of the year. There does look to he something up there. When it was mentioned earlier today I did find a bunch of dates and the same has happened previous days but it looks like things have been cleared out through to January. I wonder if maybe there is just time that you can grab dropped rooms before the system gets them??

Something is up, I think the only rooms available are ones that people cancel. Those seem available but nothing else for months. Kidani has tons of availability which just seems really strange. They are really controlling the reservations and I’m hoping to get an email updating me if they plan to move me to another resort. Either that or they are using rooms for moving cash reservations from closed resorts. I’m trusting they have a room for us somewhere! I had booked a backup but canceled because I don’t want to confuse MS with 2 reservations for the same people when they finally get around to dealing with whatever they are up to 🤣

Yes..things were bookable until tonight when everything was gone As I have been stalking for 3 different trips!

Someone just shared with me that an email that went to CMs left Jambo off the list of open resorts...might be an error, but odd

After moving stuff around for the last couple of months, we were supposed to have our Welcome Home stay July 2. Welp, I hope if it is closed they at least let me move over to Kidani!

That’s what I’m hoping too, I don’t see them canceling us because there is availability many other places. This is another mystery move behind the scenes and puts us in a position to trust Disney. I’m nervous but we are renting a car to avoid public transportation and making dining reservations at DS so that wherever we end up staying we can get to the grocery, parks and restaurants we want to go to. Just watching and waiting!

Wow! Thanks, we have tossed that around as a possibility. Well, we’re in a value 1 bedroom and so if they upgrade us to a regular 1 bedroom at Kidani that would be ok. Just don’t know and trying to position ourselves for all the chips to fall into place when we finally are told. I’m really hoping we won’t be scrambling to find a resort, waiting for the pixie dust!

Just booked a Savannah studio yesterday. Not too sure if they can shut owners out totally per the FL timeshare laws.

Just booked a Savannah studio yesterday. Not too sure if they can shut owners out totally per the FL timeshare laws.

AKV is a tricky one I think because it functions as one resort but with two buildings. It is treated as one for booking purposes.

So, they may be able to take some of Jambo House since owners do have rights at Kidani. They can anticipate and pull early, so I think are ways as not much is DVC, The rooms that would be tough is CL as those are only at Jambo and if they wanted those, they’d have to make something work at Kidani,

Just like owners are deeded dire the buildings at SSR, it doesn’t matter which ones are pulled for breakage.,,it could be the same for AKV...speculation here only.

AKV is a tricky one I think because it functions as one resort but with two buildings. It is treated as one for booking purposes.

So, they may be able to take some of Jambo House since owners do have rights at Kidani. They can anticipate and pull early, so I think are ways as not much is DVC, The rooms that would be tough is CL as those are only at Jambo and if they wanted those, they’d have to make something work at Kidani,

Just like owners are deeded dire the buildings at SSR, it doesn’t matter which ones are pulled for breakage.,,it could be the same for AKV...speculation here only.

I don't want to perpetuate rumors as I know so little about this, but if they really are making Jambo the NBA bubble site, my understanding is that they would want to make it a true bubble and not have people coming in and out of the bubble site. Can Disney completely take away access to Jambo and the amenities there? The Mara is the only QS location for both Jambo and Kidani and the pools and fitness center are obviously used by guests of both resorts. This seems like such an odd choice given the logistics issues of the set up between Jambo and Kidani.

I don't want to perpetuate rumors as I know so little about this, but if they really are making Jambo the NBA bubble site, my understanding is that they would want to make it a true bubble and not have people coming in and out of the bubble site. Can Disney completely take away access to Jambo and the amenities there? The Mara is the only QS location for both Jambo and Kidani and the pools and fitness center are obviously used by guests of both resorts. This seems like such an odd choice given the logistics issues of the set up between Jambo and Kidani.

Legally, I think they can as long as the DVC inventory that is pulled out of service does not exceed the contract rules, if they have set things up..which appears to be the case...that is it one resort,

Now, they would have to provide access to food, but owners are not deeded the right to a fitness center.

However, I agree with you that it doesnt appear to be truly a bubble resort because Kidani is so close.

My gut tells me that they are going to use it as a place to house displaced cash guests from closed resorts until they open up all of WDW resorts.

And, use a hotel strictly owned by WDW for NBA. Choosing a resort like Jambo that has DVC seems to create potential legal challenges that dont need to happen, given how many other resorts they own.

Legally, I think they can as long as the DVC inventory that is pulled out of service does not exceed the contract rules, if they have set things up..which appears to be the case...that is it one resort,

Now, they would have to provide access to food, but owners are not deeded the right to a fitness center.

However, I agree with you that it doesnt appear to be truly a bubble resort because Kidani is so close.

My gut tells me that they are going to use it as a place to house displaced cash guests from closed resorts until they open up all of WDW resorts.

And, use a hotel strictly owned by WDW for NBA. Choosing a resort like Jambo that has DVC seems to create potential legal challenges that dont need to happen, given how many other resorts they own.

I completely agree with this and think it makes the most sense. I know that legally as DVC members we are not required to have access to things like a fitness center, but it just seems to be such an odd choice that opens up potential issues and challenges and certainly bad will among owners. Not only are there the DVC rooms to contend with but also the issue that Kidani and Jambo are sister resorts and amenities are used interchangeably between the two, and I am also not sure how you would realistically block access between the two given the setup. I think that using Jambo to house displaced cash guests is a much easier solution.

his will be very interesting to follow, I hope they don't do this, the DVC system and owners have been dealing with so much uncertainty, this would really be a poor move, in my opinion, especially for something like creating an NBA bubble.

I completely agree with this and think it makes the most sense. I know that legally as DVC members we are not required to have access to things like a fitness center, but it just seems to be such an odd choice that opens up potential issues and challenges and certainly bad will among owners. Not only are there the DVC rooms to contend with but also the issue that Kidani and Jambo are sister resorts and amenities are used interchangeably between the two, and I am also not sure how you would realistically block access between the two given the setup. I think that using Jambo to house displaced cash guests is a much easier solution.

his will be very interesting to follow, I hope they don't do this, the DVC system and owners have been dealing with so much uncertainty, this would really be a poor move, in my opinion, especially for something like creating an NBA bubble.

Exactly. Disney owns enough hotels that don’t have DVC in them that it seems silly they would want to get into that type of situation when they wouldn't need to.

I wonder if the rumor about NBA is out there because the concept of cash guest being moved instead of being canceled is just starting to be shared as a potential plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!