Jan 2018 stay

kkendle

DIS Veteran
Taking a 3 day trip to Universal Jan. 4-7. We will be in the parks the 5th-7th (Fri-Sun). Was waiting and hoping for annual pass discount for Royal Pacific or any of the hotels that offer express but that hasn't worked out. Thinking of staying just 1 night to get the express benefits for 2 days for 3 adults. Was originally thinking we would stay Saturday Jan. 5th so would have express for Saturday and Sunday but after looking at a couple of crowd calendars, thinking it may be better to have express for Friday and Sat. the 5th and 6th of Jan. Opinions? That would require us to stay at 1 hotel Thurs night, leave and check into Royal Pacific Fri. morning, leave Sat and check into the other hotel again Sat. night. The room is $479 plus tax so don't want to pay that rate for more than 1 night. Thanks!

I don't think it will make much difference when you stay that week....especially if you have express.

I don't think it will make much difference when you stay that week....especially if you have express.
Thanks. I guess I am wondering which day might be the best guess to not have express since we are going 3 days.

Thanks. I guess I am wondering which day might be the best guess to not have express since we are going 3 days.
I would try to avoid the Saturday for a non express day. Sunday tends to be a pretty good day because people are leaving town that day and the parks are lighter.

If you have three full days in the parks, you may not even need express. I've done the parks without express my last two visits and had plenty of luck getting on rides without too much wait. We do the parks open until lunch and come back after 4 when the crowds start clearing or just do attractions that have lots of seating in the afternoon (Horror Makeup, Animal show, Sinbad, etc). Each day hit different rides first thing that get long lines later in the day (Minions, Kong, HP rides)

If you could change your days a bit, a Jan 7 APH rate at RPR is only 184 that night. That is the first night they offer APH rates in Jan. It may be worth changing your dates to save the money. I am actually staying offsite for 2 days and then overnight on the 7th to have express on the 7th and 8th.

If you could change your days a bit, a Jan 7 APH rate at RPR is only 184 that night. That is the first night they offer APH rates in Jan. It may be worth changing your dates to save the money. I am actually staying offsite for 2 days and then overnight on the 7th to have express on the 7th and 8th.

I can't change the date at this point. We are doing a UO/Disney trip and decided to do UO first because of the marathon at Disney. We are also staying offsite for the Disney week 7-14 and already have it booked. I debated originally if I should do UO at the beginning or end of the trip but plans are made now. Thanks for the suggestion though! Wish they offered some other sort of discount. I have paid $300/night there and that would even be more acceptable than $479/night. I would have stayed all 3 nights there if it were more affordable.

We are doing the exact same thing. :cool1: See you in the express lines on the 7th and 8th!

Taking a 3 day trip to Universal Jan. 4-7. We will be in the parks the 5th-7th (Fri-Sun). Was waiting and hoping for annual pass discount for Royal Pacific or any of the hotels that offer express but that hasn't worked out. Thinking of staying just 1 night to get the express benefits for 2 days for 3 adults. Was originally thinking we would stay Saturday Jan. 5th so would have express for Saturday and Sunday but after looking at a couple of crowd calendars, thinking it may be better to have express for Friday and Sat. the 5th and 6th of Jan. Opinions? That would require us to stay at 1 hotel Thurs night, leave and check into Royal Pacific Fri. morning, leave Sat and check into the other hotel again Sat. night. The room is $479 plus tax so don't want to pay that rate for more than 1 night. Thanks!
APH rates were just released for those dates. Portofino has Bay View for $264 a night. (I was looking for 1/4-1/6) I need garden view for the parlor upgrade, so couldn't take advantage. But hopefully more will be released.

APH rates were just released for those dates. Portofino has Bay View for $264 a night. (I was looking for 1/4-1/6) I need garden view for the parlor upgrade, so couldn't take advantage. But hopefully more will be released.[/QUOTE

I don't see those rates at all for Jan 4-7. I just see the same ones I have been seeing.

I don't understand why when I did that those rates do not appear. I clicked on the link that you posted way earlier and said t change the dates, and a rate of 334 came up...when you go to the Universal site itself, no aph rates come up at all. But, when I click on your link you just posted, it says 297.33. I have had 3 different rates. I even used a different browser and no aph rates came up at all. Not sure why.

Edited to say that when I change it to 3 adults, the rate went up to 323.33

Thank you.

I don't understand why when I did that those rates do not appear. I clicked on the link that you posted way earlier and said t change the dates, and a rate of 334 came up...when you go to the Universal site itself, no aph rates come up at all. But, when I click on your link you just posted, it says 297.33. I have had 3 different rates. I even used a different browser and no aph rates came up at all. Not sure why.

Thank you.

This is from the Universal site. Here's the link I use to find APH rates. You just need to change the dates to what you need.

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/default.aspx?zipcode=&pCode=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR,UESFR,UECBB,UEAVH&adults=2&children=0&rooms=1&checkin=12/12/2017&checkout=12/14/2017&promoType=&promo-code=&group-code=&promo=aph&sr=&iata=&hgID=641

That is what I was talking about...when I use that link that you have posted before, it now hives me the 332 rate....but when I just go to the Universal website and click on the reservation for onsite hotels and put in the info with the aph code....this is what it gives me...

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/d...ode=aph&group-code=&promo=&sr=&iata=&hgID=641

That is what I was talking about...when I use that link that you have posted before, it now hives me the 332 rate....but when I just go to the Universal website and click on the reservation for onsite hotels and put in the info with the aph code....this is what it gives me...

https://res.windsurfercrs.com/ibe/default.aspx?zipcode=&pCode=UEPBH,UEHRH,UERPR,UESFR,UECBB,UEAVH&adults=3&children=0&rooms=1&checkin=01/04/2018&checkout=01/07/2018&promoType=promo-code&promo-code=aph&group-code=&promo=&sr=&iata=&hgID=641

Ya, there is a flaw in that search engine. That's why I posted this link a while ago in the APH thread, so people actually use it to check for APH rates on the Universal site.

Ya, there is a flaw in that search engine. That's why I posted this link a while ago in the APH thread, so people actually use it to check for APH rates on the Universal site.

Well I have actually been checking using your link as well and this evening is the first time anything has shown up. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!