Jan 3 Illuminations Dessert Party

maddy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We cordially invite any early January solo DISers to join us for the January 3 Illuminations Dessert Party. It originated on the DVC board (you can read the thread there by the same name as this one) but is by no means exclusive to DVCers. We have 18 spots remaining at this moment. Read on for details.
Maddy and Janner

Event description:
Private and unobstructed Illuminations viewing on Friday, January 3, 2003, from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m., with Disney catered treats and the company of other folks from the DIS board community.

Event details:
Menu: Old World Classics in Miniature (chocolate and pistachio cannoli, fresh fruit tartlet, vanilla cream filled pastry horns, chocolate eclairs, orange marmalade roulade, Italian style ricotta cheesecake, chocolate pecan pies), coffee, decaffeinated coffee, hot tea, hot chocolate.
Setting: UK Upper terrace, with wrought iron tables and chairs.
Organizers: DIS (and DVC) members Maddy and Janner, volunteering on a strictly break-even basis.

Cost per person:
22.50 for desserts, beverages, and private viewing location
1.35 for 6% tax
4.50 for 20% gratuity (required by Disney Catering)
1.80 for event guide cast member (required by Disney Catering)
30.15 per person total

Caveats:
First paid, first reserved. Payment deadline is December 15, 2002.
No more than 50 people may attend (this is Disney’s limit for UK Upper). We have 32 so far.
Park entrance not included. Must provide own EPCOT admission.
Absolutely everyone is welcome to join us, whether a DVC member or not.

To participate in this magical event:
Email us to arrange payment by PayPal (no credit cards), personal check, or money order.
giblips@lifetime.oregonstate.edu

Well, darn it, I won't be there on that date :( I can tell you that Illuminations dessert parties are just <b>magical</b>! I loved the one at DISCON2001 and I'm really looking forward to the Illuminations dessert at this year's DISCON too.

Here's a link to the post for signing up for this you will find it <b>HERE</b>

I have seen them but never been to one. Do you need to be part of an organized group to get in on these or does Disney conduct any that people can sign up for? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

As far as I know, these are all private functions. But, also as far as I know, anyone can contract with Disney to have a private function. The person I've been working with is Dante Gibilisco at Park Catering and Event Services. His phone number is 407-566-6482.
Each site has a maximum number of people it will hold and also has a dollar minimum, regardless of the number of people at your event. For instance, our location holds a maximum of 50 people, and the dollar minimum for the menu we chose was $700, which amounted to 24 people. We are fortunate to have met the minimum quickly, so it's not a problem for us, but it could be, depending on your circumstances.
Anyway, I hope that helps. Email me if you want more info.
Janet
giblips@orst.edu

Thanks for the information Janet. We had seen a dessert party going on because we usually watch Illuminations from the bridge near the United Kingdom pavillion. We started wondering how you could go. Sounds like we will have to try to organize a group or watch to see if anything is happening that co-incides with our dates of travel. Than you very much for the information.

Well what a shame I won't be there in January but I'm sure I too will enjoy the one I go to at DISCon :teeth: I can't wait :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter