January 2018 Car Rental Watch

rented with alamo with a costco promo. my wife is the cardholder but due to job responsibilities she cannot make the trip.
can we still use the promo with her card if she won't be there. do they check cards and if so are they particular about whose card it is since
it's in the family

You should be okay. I have never had a request to see the Costco card. To be safe you could bring it with you (assuming it' a stand-alone card--mine is part of my credit card). Also, I have always checked in using the kiosks-never had to do anything there to verify membership either.

You should be okay. I have never had a request to see the Costco card. To be safe you could bring it with you (assuming it' a stand-alone card--mine is part of my credit card). Also, I have always checked in using the kiosks-never had to do anything there to verify membership either.
One time (just once) we were asked for our Costco card upon exiting the garage in the Alamo rental car. All other times we were not asked to show it, though we always have it just in case. Note that we use the advance on-line check in so we have our rental documents in order to skip the counter or kiosk.

Same here. Only on one occasion were we asked for our membership card. The January rates jumped higher today!

I booked a Standard car today from costco for $268 for mid January.

has anyone had any experience with an off site rental car agency called ACE? good bad indifferent...

ok, answered my own question. ACE has HORRIBLE reviews, upcharging, charging for gas when the car is returned full. Charging for Insurance when it is declined.... Sounds like a good place to avoid.

I found quite a difference in prices at Alamo if I varied the time I was needing the car a few hours one way or another. The price difference between lowest and highest was over $300 for 8 days. Accepting the default of noon was often the worst price.

I booked a decent price on Black Friday with Alamo but still hoping for better. Just doesn't seem to be any discounts out there.

I’ve been watching prices for a few months and they aren’t moving at all for my dates. I’ve got Alamo for $360 for 1/19-1/30 standard. Most I’m willing to pay is $250 but I’m not sure I’ll see that.

I’ve been watching prices for a few months and they aren’t moving at all for my dates. I’ve got Alamo for $360 for 1/19-1/30 standard. Most I’m willing to pay is $250 but I’m not sure I’ll see that.
did you use a coupon. i am going same time and i can only get standard for 524 with a costco coupon.

I got an Alamo standard for $250 this week on Priceline. Try using autoslash.com

I found that Budget via Costco has moderated a bit for 1/20 thru 1/27. A fullsize car is $220 all-inclusive. I grabbed Costco's Alamo last week when it showed $234 for a Standard, but that was still disappointing compared to prior January trips. I am hoping for some more price moderation in the coming weeks.

I checked Alamo via Costco again today, and rates had gone way down. I rebooked for a compact-size car 1/20 thru 1/27 for just under $200, all-inclusive. What I could not remember was whether Alamo allows online check-in for bookings made on the Costco travel site. If not, possibly the kiosk will be available near MCO's Alamo counter. I would not be all that surprised to find that Alamo limits online check-in to bookings made directly on Alamo's website.

I checked Alamo via Costco again today, and rates had gone way down. I rebooked for a compact-size car 1/20 thru 1/27 for just under $200, all-inclusive. What I could not remember was whether Alamo allows online check-in for bookings made on the Costco travel site. If not, possibly the kiosk will be available near MCO's Alamo counter. I would not be all that surprised to find that Alamo limits online check-in to bookings made directly on Alamo's website.
We use on-line check in for Alamo rentals via Costco all the time. Should be no problem at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter