**January 2018 Check-in Thread**

My countdown is at 48 days. The park hours for my trip are oh soooooo s.l.o.w.l.y coming up on the .com; hours through 1/10/18 are listed.... Of course, no entertainment schedule up this far in advance, but it's getting up for the week before I go, so I'm kind of watching those hours to get a better idea.

At some point, I had forgotten the early-closing hours during Jan and Feb. The past 2 years, I had gone to the parks in the summer, and a solo trip at a busier time (Christmas 2015, Halloween 2016), so I didn't have a need to remember the shorter hours of late winter time. When I looked at the historical hours, I was bummed about it for maybe an hour before I started thinking about all I could do if I wasn't getting to the hotel at 1am. I can close the parks and still be home before 10:30pm. If I didn't take part in the shopping hour, I could be back an hour before that, and --gasp!-- maybe use the hot tub at the hotel, which I rarely ever do because I'm usually closing the parks when they are open late. Openings at (potentially!) 9am mean I don't have to set an alarm, and I will *still* be up in time to get to the parks for rope drop every day, with breakfast in hand. Who knows, this may be a more relaxing vacation than I had expected!

I go Sunday so will see all of it, but also go again Jan. 7.....BFF arrives to the parks on the 8th. She was hoping she would get to see some of it.......guess we'll see. The castle??
I looked back at my photos for the past couple of years when we were there during the second week of January and it looks like the castle was still decorated on Tuesday but no longer by Thursday.

My countdown is at 48 days. The park hours for my trip are oh soooooo s.l.o.w.l.y coming up on the .com; hours through 1/10/18 are listed.... Of course, no entertainment schedule up this far in advance, but it's getting up for the week before I go, so I'm kind of watching those hours to get a better idea.
Thanks for noting this here. I wasn't expecting to see the schedule for our days until next week but it is already up.

We are at our 60 days out and it sure looks like There is a WOC dining packing for Jan 29 but no Dessert package.. hmmm I did get a blue bayou for Fantasmic for our first night so that will be fun.

Well right after I posted, I went back on and magic happened there was World of Color Dining packages and Dessert packages!! phew!!!

Last edited:
I´m so excited ,35 days for our trip, this would be our first time in Xmas Season............. The kids don't know about, in fact we are keeping this trip hush hush...

I have to confess I'm a little stressed out cause I haven't found a room in my preferred hotel BWPPI , and I have developed a bad habit of checking for availability on their page every hour or so... :scared: Have booked a night for our first night there Jand 2nd and have one for our last day Jan 6h, but the 3rd,4th and 5th are still completely booked out..

So I have a backup reservation at BW Stovall's Inn, but I never have stayed there and I feel its too far from the parks...

I looked back at my photos for the past couple of years when we were there during the second week of January and it looks like the castle was still decorated on Tuesday but no longer by Thursday.

Thank you for looking. She will be happy to see anything!

Hello DISers! :earboy2:

Do you want to chat about your vacation to DLR in January 2018? Come on in!

Feel free to let me know when, and where you are staying so I can keep a list going.

To all who come to this happy place, Welcome! :smickey:

blueskymom: 1st-5th
BandMom1: 2nd-8th VGC
Flattes: 3rd-6th
gsrieff: 5th-9th DLH
Jrsy boy: 8th-12th DI&S
Meriweather: 7th-12th VGC
nikerbokers: 9th-11th
geergirl: 10th-20th
Mom2_3girls: 11th-15th
minniegirl25: 13th-16th
Schmennifer: 14th-19th Camelot
Lalasmama: 16th-20th BW Stovall's Inn
aussiejen: Jan 25th-Feb 9th HOJO
Mermaidhair: 25th-28th
DisneyPiPhi: Jan 28th-Feb 3rd GCH
Kyrkea333: Jan 28th- Feb 3rd Kings Inn
tlcdoula: Jan 28th- Feb 4th Del Sol
Steves1bear: Jan 29th-Feb 3rd Park Vue Inn
Buson808: Jan 31st-Feb 8th VGC
Minnieralyks:
Meriweather:
Scrapshappen:
Anders_4: Jan 28-Feb 3 GCH

Can't wait for our trip next month! We are getting married in Maui on the 20th, but wet decided to head to Disneyland from the 23rd until the 27th! We are going to be staying at VGC. I haven't been since my childhood and my soon to be DW had never been. So far we have Napa Rose book for our first night, RBT and BB Fantastic booked the next two nights and WOC dessert party on the Friday night. We still need to book the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. We can't decide whether to go to RBT or BB for the Fantasmic package. We are only going to keep one, what would you DL veterans choose.

Hours are up through 1/19/18, with some evening entertainment listed, but not much more. Only 1 day more, and I will have hours for every day of my trip. Yay!

Hours are up through 1/19/18, with some evening entertainment listed, but not much more. Only 1 day more, and I will have hours for every day of my trip. Yay!

Is that information available on Disney's website? Because I am finding up to January 17th, on their app. tia

Is that information available on Disney's website? Because I am finding up to January 17th, on their app. tia
Yes, on the dot-com. The app seems to run a few days later. Assuming you are on a phone, you can still go to the dot-com, and scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "more links" and then the park hours, and it will let you change the date.

I don't know if I've ever officially checked in here. We will be going to DLR January 10 & 11. I'm an Orange County native, so I grew up going to Disneyland and had an AP in my teens. I now live in Philadelphia, but my family is still back in OC.

We'll be taking a family trip to the parks and it will be my 2.5 year old daughter's first visit. I am so excited! Even though my parents live nearby we'll be staying at DLH to make things easier for nap, etc.

I've booked dining packages for both WOC and Fantasmic!, hopefully my daughter can stay up that late, especially with the time change (I think it's likely... she is a veritable ball of energy).

Can't wait for our trip next month! We are getting married in Maui on the 20th, but wet decided to head to Disneyland from the 23rd until the 27th! We are going to be staying at VGC. I haven't been since my childhood and my soon to be DW had never been. So far we have Napa Rose book for our first night, RBT and BB Fantastic booked the next two nights and WOC dessert party on the Friday night. We still need to book the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. We can't decide whether to go to RBT or BB for the Fantasmic package. We are only going to keep one, what would you DL veterans choose.
I would do the BB package, the atmosphere is pretty special.

I'll be going back to Disneyland after 20 years!! I'm so excited! I have a terrible memory so I don't remember anything about the park so it's like going for the first time!! lol
I'll be at the parks January 10-11. I was originally going for the Light Side 1/2 marathon but since it all got cancelled I kept the trip and made it a SoCal trip. I booked the Walk in Walts Disneyland Footsteps tour which I cannot wait for. People say it's a great tour! I also have reservations for breakfast at the Plaza Inn and lunch at the Carthay Circle which from what I read is really beautiful inside.
What sucks is that all the holiday decorations and festivities are done the Sunday before I get there and quite a few rides are shut down for maintenance but hopefully this means less of a crowd!

I'll be going back to Disneyland after 20 years!! I'm so excited! I have a terrible memory so I don't remember anything about the park so it's like going for the first time!! lol
I'll be at the parks January 10-11. I was originally going for the Light Side 1/2 marathon but since it all got cancelled I kept the trip and made it a SoCal trip. I booked the Walk in Walts Disneyland Footsteps tour which I cannot wait for. People say it's a great tour! I also have reservations for breakfast at the Plaza Inn and lunch at the Carthay Circle which from what I read is really beautiful inside.
What sucks is that all the holiday decorations and festivities are done the Sunday before I get there and quite a few rides are shut down for maintenance but hopefully this means less of a crowd!
We'll be there the same days! Hoping for a smaller crowd too...

31 days out & more excited then the kids :banana::banana:
Is it normal to be more excited then the kids?? DH thinks im weird... Even with all the closures & refurbs im still looking forward to the trip.
going to keep an eye on the weather, not too sure what to pack for the jan weather..

Last edited:
31 days out & more excited then the kids :banana::banana:
Is it normal to be more excited then the kids??

Totally normal...I'm more excited than my kid because all of the planning makes me spend more time thinking about it than she does!

I don't know what to pack for January weather and I live in LA! It's probably not that different from winter weather in Sydney. (Husband's Aussie, and we mostly go to Sydney around Xmas, but I've been there only once for winter.) Last winter in LA, I didn't need anything thicker than a trench coat, though I paired it with sweaters. So either your outer layer is thick and your clothes underneath aren't, or it's the other way around. Maybe pack a scarf and hat for nighttime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter