*** January 2019 Thread ***

So our plans are finally coming together and better than I hoped! We got our waitlist for OKW (no moving required) January 18 - 30 all at OKW. And, since Westjet canceled our direct flight it turned into a positive, we now arrive at 1 pm instead of evening, gaining a Disney afternoon!

And I placed a personal bet that if we reserved a room for my BIL and his wife they might join us. They previously canceled due to a short notice move in a hot real estate market in Vancouver. Panic set in. Well, things have calmed down, they’re all settled in a lovely new place and now they’re thrilled to come along. Since we’re on the opposite coast (NS) we’re excited, it’s been 2 years since we’ve seen them. Also OKW 22 - 30.

We’ll do the regular dining plan. Playing with ADRs, we have few in place:
- Beaches & Cream we’ve never done
- Sanaa we love,
- Tusker House, new for us,
- Tutto Italia, new but we know we love Via Napoli?
- Spice Road, Love
- Cape May, SIL loves seafood (we will likely also do Boathouse or Paddlefish)

We’re flexible and would love to hear from anyone who has tips on the Art festival, a first for us.

And Thank you @brewhome! for work that’s gone into maintaining this list! Such fun for us and quite a job!

I finally have booked a resort! And I purchased my annual pass! It’s been an exciting weekend.

Jan12-15 at SSR

Woo hoo!!!!!!

Awesome, @MamaMaleficent2016! I’ve updated the roll call with SSR. I can’t wait to purchase my first annual pass! I’m going to get it right before it’s time to make my FP+.

So our plans are finally coming together and better than I hoped! We got our waitlist for OKW (no moving required) January 18 - 30 all at OKW. And, since Westjet canceled our direct flight it turned into a positive, we now arrive at 1 pm instead of evening, gaining a Disney afternoon!

And I placed a personal bet that if we reserved a room for my BIL and his wife they might join us. They previously canceled due to a short notice move in a hot real estate market in Vancouver. Panic set in. Well, things have calmed down, they’re all settled in a lovely new place and now they’re thrilled to come along. Since we’re on the opposite coast (NS) we’re excited, it’s been 2 years since we’ve seen them. Also OKW 22 - 30.

We’ll do the regular dining plan. Playing with ADRs, we have few in place:
- Beaches & Cream we’ve never done
- Sanaa we love,
- Tusker House, new for us,
- Tutto Italia, new but we know we love Via Napoli?
- Spice Road, Love
- Cape May, SIL loves seafood (we will likely also do Boathouse or Paddlefish)

We’re flexible and would love to hear from anyone who has tips on the Art festival, a first for us.

And Thank you @brewhome! for work that’s gone into maintaining this list! Such fun for us and quite a job!

I updated your resort to just OKW, @Tinks#2Fan, and thanks for the compliment - I’ve been having fun updating the thread! I love hearing about other people’s plans. We love Tusker House and Cape May and are going to both on our trip, and we also booked The Boathouse (new to us) for my seafood loving son. I’m also looking forward to the Festival of the Arts and can’t wait to read everyone’s tips.

changed my super SOLO adventure for Jan 5-10! Staying at All Star Music (hopefully getting a refurbished room) :) So excited!! @brewhome

ETA: Gotta get ONE more trip out of this AP LOL

Last edited:
Hi! We are staying at Copper Creek Villas from 1/26 to 2/6. Our first trip that lasts over a week ever! We are DVC and usually go every September and January. Looking forward to the group chat!

I'm sure everyone has seen all the posts about MDE not working very well recently. This makes me really nervous about trying to get fp since we are staying offsite.
How do all of you frequent visitors deal?

changed my super SOLO adventure for Jan 5-10! Staying at All Star Music (hopefully getting a refurbished room) :) So excited!!

ETA: Gotta get ONE more trip out of this AP LOL

@absolutmey, I updated your info in the roll call. I love All Star Music! We stayed there three times and it was great.

Hi! We are staying at Copper Creek Villas from 1/26 to 2/6. Our first trip that lasts over a week ever! We are DVC and usually go every September and January. Looking forward to the group chat!

Welcome, @Dawn68PA! I’ve added you to the roll call. We are staying at Copper Creek earlier in the month and I cannot wait!

I'm sure everyone has seen all the posts about MDE not working very well recently. This makes me really nervous about trying to get fp since we are staying offsite.

@jameyh, I was just there on Sunday and the MDE app gave me some trouble - it would not display my FP+ for the day. I could see my hotel reservations for my January trip, but not my dining reservations. However, when I logged in via my browser, everything showed up. Hopefully that option is working for others as well. When I make dining and FP+ reservations, I always have my browser version ready to go in case the app is giving me trouble...

I use a laptop. I don’t trust the app with FPs and I have never had an issue with the laptop.

I use a laptop. I don’t trust the app with FPs and I have never had an issue with the laptop.

Me too. Do them for FP's and ADR's. Only use the mobile app in park to make additional FP's and haven't had an issue with that. Honestly I'm not worried about this next trip since Jan. is usually lower crowds.

Did you guys see they announced the dates for the International Festival of the Arts? It’s 1/18/19-2/25/19. I have to say, I’m disappointed that they pushed the date back a week, because we will miss it. I’m assuming they did that because the marathon is a week later next year :-(

Last edited:
Did you guys see they announced the dates for the International Festival of the Arts? It’s 1/18/19-2/25/19. I have to say, I’m disaapointed that they pushed the date back a week, because we will miss it. I’m assuming they did that because the marathon is a week later next year :-(

Yes, I'm quite disappointed by this and all the new stuff announced on the Disney Parks blog for 2019 starts at or beyond Jan. 18th, the day after we leave. I was really looking forward to the festival activities and whatnot, but am hoping they'll keep up holiday decorations for a little while due to the marathon.

Yes, I'm quite disappointed by this and all the new stuff announced on the Disney Parks blog for 2019 starts at or beyond Jan. 18th, the day after we leave. I was really looking forward to the festival activities and whatnot, but am hoping they'll keep up holiday decorations for a little while due to the marathon.

I hope so, too. I’ve seen the parks all decked out for Christmas, but my hubby and sons have not. I’m not holding out hope, though. Regardless, I know we will have a great trip!

Last edited:
Did you guys see they announced the dates for the International Festival of the Arts? It’s 1/18/19-2/25/19. I have to say, I’m disappointed that they pushed the date back a week, because we will miss it. I’m assuming they did that because the marathon is a week later next year :-(

Makes me so sad, the 18th is our last day there and we are supposed to do MK but have a little one that LOVED Food and Wine when we went a few years ago. Debating on whether or not should switch our days around (and all dining reservations) so we can attend the festival the 18th. Just hope that crowd levels won't be too bad on opening day ...

Yes I was super disappointed! Wanted to give it a chance

Although we have about 103 or 104 days left till we go we get to surprise the kids tomorrow! I want my son to be able to help pick out the rides he wants to ride so I can try to get fastpasses for them. I'm not sure if my daughter will be tall enough for splash mountain, big thunder or tower of terror...shes measuring at 39 inches now and depending how she stands in her shoes can measure around 40 inches..we hope she can ride those as we'd ideally like to ride rides together but we can manage if shes not tall enough this trip. I've been watching surprise videos and she's been requesting to go so it'll be really fun to tell her tomorrow. I think my son is also going to be realy excited :D

Although we have about 103 or 104 days left till we go we get to surprise the kids tomorrow! I want my son to be able to help pick out the rides he wants to ride so I can try to get fastpasses for them. I'm not sure if my daughter will be tall enough for splash mountain, big thunder or tower of terror...shes measuring at 39 inches now and depending how she stands in her shoes can measure around 40 inches..we hope she can ride those as we'd ideally like to ride rides together but we can manage if shes not tall enough this trip. I've been watching surprise videos and she's been requesting to go so it'll be really fun to tell her tomorrow. I think my son is also going to be realy excited :D

Please post how it goes! I never even thought of doing a surprise when my kids were little and it sounds like fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!