*** January 2019 Thread ***

Heading out on DME in a couple of hours! All in all a very good trip though I will also be happy to be home for some good rest before heading back to work on Sunday. Ended up with a mild cold to end the trip but the symptoms weren't too bad at all luckily. Closed down AK last night - got in line for FoP one more time a few minutes before park closing then took some time taking more pics in Pandora before having another bus all to ourselves back to the WL. Ate breakfast at Whispering Canyon this morning which was really good and entertaining. Hadn't been there in years. Storm came through this morning and got up to a steady rain which has now ended. More humid then any other day of our trip so it feels much more like FL now! :)

Pretty sure we picked the best week to go. Granted any day at Disney is better than a day at work, but temps are home this next week will be downright miserable - a high of -17 on Wednesday, and that doesn’t factor in the windchill!
We leave early Saturday morning. I need to figure out our Prime Now order, finish packing, get my son to finish the homework he is going to miss and get the dog to the vet to be boarded for the next week. (She is not going to be happy.) my husband has to start packing.
My son has been doing a dance every morning with the countdown since finding out we are going at Christmas. I’m anxiously awaiting the dance he is going to do tomorrow morning! :dogdance:

Pretty sure we picked the best week to go. Granted any day at Disney is better than a day at work, but temps are home this next week will be downright miserable - a high of -17 on Wednesday, and that doesn’t factor in the windchill!
We leave early Saturday morning. I need to figure out our Prime Now order, finish packing, get my son to finish the homework he is going to miss and get the dog to the vet to be boarded for the next week. (She is not going to be happy.) my husband has to start packing.
My son has been doing a dance every morning with the countdown since finding out we are going at Christmas. I’m anxiously awaiting the dance he is going to do tomorrow morning! :dogdance:

We're flying out Saturday too! We'll be leaving for the airport at 3am :bitelip:

I am literally the last of the January travelers - landing at MCO on Jan 30.

Crazy that I'm reading posts from the January folks already finished and back home...

Getting excited for my first stay at POP Century. My current show closes Jan 27 and after the 6:30 show we will break down the set and load it on trucks for the shows next stop. I'll sleep most of the day (28th) and then pack on the 29th for midnight flight out of LAX. I haven't heard of any TSA delays but I'll probably leave an hour earlier than I usually do just in case. Looks like it's gonna be on the cold side and kinda crowded. FIVE DAYS!

I am literally the last of the January travelers - landing at MCO on Jan 30.

Crazy that I'm reading posts from the January folks already finished and back home...

Getting excited for my first stay at POP Century. My current show closes Jan 27 and after the 6:30 show we will break down the set and load it on trucks for the shows next stop. I'll sleep most of the day (28th) and then pack on the 29th for midnight flight out of LAX. I haven't heard of any TSA delays but I'll probably leave an hour earlier than I usually do just in case. Looks like it's gonna be on the cold side and kinda crowded. FIVE DAYS!

We’re leaving out of LAX on Jan 29 as well! Red-eye leaving at 11. Looks like we’ll be about an hour ahead of you! Enjoy your stay at Pop Century! My husband and I stayed there for a long weekend trip a few years ago. We loved walking around the grounds and seeing all the cool statues.

So we arrived on Saturday and so far I've work both nights, wide awake and unable to go back to sleep. I'm trying to get another hour or two as today is our first park day.

It's about midnight here. In 24 hours I'll be on a flight to The World.

Really need this. 6 weeks doing 7 shows a week, 6 hours loading the show back into 5 trucks - I'm getting to old for this...

Who knows, ksibrel, we may cross paths and not even know it. Have a great trip!

Last day of January.

Arrived yesterday (30th) at 7:45AM. Three of us on DME - 2 going to AoA and me. My first trip to POP. I see why people love it. The themeing is wonderful! New rooms are very nice.

Room wasn't ready but I stopped by the front desk anyway - the CM was so nice. Told me I wasn't going to get the room I requested but one nearby and she was excited to tell me all about the resort. I checked my backpack - the CM was really friendly - and headed to the parks at just about 9:20AM. Pretty wonderful walking into Epcot almost exactly after arriving at MCO. MK is always my first park-of-the-trip and I love arriving by ferryboat so I usually go to Epcot, take the monorail then the ferry.

Cold day! I wasn't really dressed for it. When the sun peeked out from the clouds it was quite nice, but when the sun was hidden the wind cut right through my hoodie. More crowdwd than my Jan 2018 trip. Got the text while eating lunch at Columbia House. Finished out my FP's and then headed to POP at about 4PM.

My backpack and luggage was in the room so I unpacked and then explored both POP and AoA. Lot's of the "fifteens" at POP. Most Spanish and Italian it seems. They are so excited and happy it's fun to watch them.

I went to bed early - I'd been up for about 30 hours other then maybe 90 minutes of off-and-on sleep on the plane and falling asleep on CoP.

Right now I'm waiting for the "busRush" to die down a little and to Epcot for a Biergarten lunch and the a 7DMT FP at 3. I'll stay awake on CoP today!

January 2019 OUT!

Hello Everyone! We made it back Wednesday night. Thankful CO isn't part of the polar vortex.. I hope the rest of you are staying warm if you are!

We had an amazing trip! It was snowing in Denver the morning we left (Jan 22nd). We took a bit to take off but picked up a tailwind so we got there on time in Orlando. We had a preferred room at Pop Century so it was a nice short walk to the buses.

Our first night there we road the bus to MK and caught the boat the the Wilderness lodge. It was our first time in that resort it was gorgeous. Someday I'd love to stay there. We had dinner at Whispering Canyon and my son loved the ketchup gag. We were the first table of the night he couldn't stop laughing about it.

Wed 23rd - was our first MK day and it was great we rope dropped Space Mountain. And then spent the day in Frontier/Adventure land. My son made an amazing addition to the pirate league. ^_^ The weather that day was in the 70s and fantastic. We rode splash mountain in the front row and it was fine. My boy said his favorite ride that day was Space Mountain. My son loves Stitch and so he was really excited to meet him that morning (we saw him and lilo again at Ohana later). We had dinner at 1900 park fare and the traveling and everything had finally got to us plus it took a while to get our table so we never made it back for fireworks at MK. Next trip!

24th - We were in HS and we again rope dropped in the rain but it stopped by about 9am. We got through all of Toy Story by about 1030 riding toy story mania 2x. My boy loved all of it. We forgot his autograph book that day! So we went made sure to get back there our last day and just do the characters so he could get a few signatures. (by end of trip he had 3 signature books we plan on turning the last portion of the 3rd into a scrap book for him) He loves the exciting rides so he was tall enough for rockin roller coaster this time. We ended up riding it 2x during our trip that and slinky dog and tower of terror. Dinner at Sci-fi dine in that night I thought it was decent hadnt been there since I was a kid. We made it to the fireworks that night and my son just kept saying "omg this is awesome!"

25th - Epcot was chilly but a beautiful day. We snacked around the world showcase a bit. Got a few fun photos and videos of the living statues and my boy. Did not get to see Ralph and Vanellope the line was too long when we tried sadly and never made it back. Again bailed out before Illuminations but it was a great day.

26th - we took Saturday off and went to Ohana for breakfast at the poly and then to disney springs for the afternoon. They had some delicious baileys hot chocolate at the ganachery. I totally recommend it. Spent the evening taking it easy at the resort.

27th - we were some of the hardcore people at AK during the rain. We skipped the outdoor rides but got to ride Flight of Passage 2x thanks to our fp+ and rope dropping Pandora. Loved the Festival of Lion king as always and saw the Finding Nemo show this time. Also walked on Dinosaur 2x so that was nice and met Scrooge and Launchpad with no line. We pushed our dinner up at Tusker house to 4pm so we could get out of there as soon as possible though. Rain be darned we had a great day.

28th - we did breakfast at Chef Mickeys and then spent the day in fantasyland and tomorrowland in MK. I got my photos with Mickey and Minnie in their celebration outfits! We park hopped to Animal Kingdom and road expedition Everest and then went to the springs to have dinner at Chicken Guy. so yummy! I totally recommend it.

29th - last full day there we had the bon voyage breakfast. My DH was excited to meet Flynn Ryder. Our son is named Flynn so that was cute interaction. We then did HS again and spent most of it doing character meets but we had a fp+ for slinkydog and rockin roller coaster and the Frozen Sing along. After that we went to the springs for dinner again.

Sorry this is a bit wordy. We had an amazing time and it may be our last trip for awhile we are saving to move now (most likely we will be relocating to FL so we shall see).. I was posting on instagram a lot. If you want to see any photos you can find me @lingling83 on there!

Hope you all had a magical time on your trips!!!

Hi, January friends! Happy February to all! I can’t believe “our” month is over... but I look forward to hearing more from those of you who are still there when you get back!

Thanks for the work in the thread, especially keeping the log updated! It was great talking about our trips together.

Hi, January friends! Happy February to all! I can’t believe “our” month is over... but I look forward to hearing more from those of you who are still there when you get back!
Great job on the thread Brewhome.Thanks. We are at WDW now and are having a awesome time.

We were in Disney from January 26- Feb1. We stayed 2 nights at SSR in studio and 4 nights BLT 1 bedroom theme park view. We had a great view. We were on the 12th floor. Our trip overall was great. My husband was chosen as veteran of the day in MK for the flag retreat and my daughter even got to help out. She recited the pledge of allegiance with the dapper dans! Then we were paraded part of the way down main street. My husband was presented with a veteran of the day certificate and commemorative pin and complimentary pictures from the ceremony. It was very cool! We had a great trip.

We were in Disney from January 26- Feb1. We stayed 2 nights at SSR in studio and 4 nights BLT 1 bedroom theme park view. We had a great view. We were on the 12th floor. Our trip overall was great. My husband was chosen as veteran of the day in MK for the flag retreat and my daughter even got to help out. She recited the pledge of allegiance with the dapper dans! Then we were paraded part of the way down main street. My husband was presented with a veteran of the day certificate and commemorative pin and complimentary pictures from the ceremony. It was very cool! We had a great trip.
Wow, that’s awesome! What a neat experience!

That’s so great, something to remember forever! My sister and I watched that ceremony a few years ago and we just loved it... very moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!