January 2019

Piglet

<font color=blue>Can't beat <font color=red>Family
Anyone else..? I'm anxiously waiting - we like to go in January and I'm always counting down the days they finally release packages/rates. Only a few months to go... :-). End of June usually for rates and end of September/October for discounts.

I'll sign up for this one!!!! Keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!! I need my Disney fix!!! This year the "Magical" Place added a discount during the time we like to visit. I'm hoping they'll have one for 2019!! Also, last year I got several PIN codes. The very first ones I've ever recived. So I'm hoping I'll get one sent this year!!

I don't understand why they don't allow reservations a year out. It is crazy that because we want to go in January and not December that we have to wait pretty much 6 months out to even begin booking.

I don't understand why they don't allow reservations a year out. It is crazy that because we want to go in January and not December that we have to wait pretty much 6 months out to even begin booking.

We have to wait for the new prices to come out. Room prices and ticket prices usually increase before we can book in January.

We have to wait for the new prices to come out. Room prices and ticket prices usually increase before we can book in January.

I understand how they do it, but there are many resorts (non Disney) that you can book for January 2019 now. I wish they would go to a rolling year with their rates, maybe release them as seasons with always a year out.

I agree, it definitely puts us trying to go in the "slow" time of the year at disadvantage.
Well, you can bet that I'll be up at 3 am on my 180 day mark to make dining reservations (west coast).

We're waiting too. Thinking of running the marathon in January and would love to book the resort now.

Signing up to “watch” too! We have an RSVP for marathon weekend, but would like to add an extra day or two so that we can try out a deluxe resort for the first time.

We’re planning for Jan. I may go ahead and reserve rooms now and modify later depending on what discounts appear. Probably will go with AOA

We typically book room only so we could book our 2019 dates (late April) by calling, since we're well within the 499 day window.

But I typically wait until online booking is available, in part, because I figure most people don't know that they can book room only by calling 499 days out (and I'd rather not provide an interest free loan to Disney any sooner than I have to).

That being said, I'm sometimes surpised to find certain room categories already booked for certain dates when online booking first becomes available. For example, I've often found this to be the case for theme park view rooms at the Contemporary (this may, however, in part be due to convention bookings) and at deluxe resorts in general now that a higher percentage of their rooms are DVC (e.g., Poly, WL).

The other thing I wrestle with is whether or not to wait until discounts come out to book. The arguments for doing this are: (1) you don't have to call to get the discount after you've already booked; and (2) by waiting, you sligthly increase your odds of getting a discount, as the resort occupancy will be sligthly lower.

However, the big argument for not waiting is that your desired room category in your desired resort may not be available (for that matter, your desired resort may be completely sold out).

Since we usually have our heart set on a certain resort, we usually don't wait to book until discounts come out (otherwise, we would).

So for us, it's usually the same drill. Watch and wait for rack rate online booking to be available, book online at rack rate, watch and wait for discounts to come out, and call to try to apply the discount.

Anyone else go through the same machinations?

The other thing I wrestle with is whether or not to wait until discounts come out to book. The arguments for doing this are: (1) you don't have to call to get the discount after you've already booked; and (2) by waiting, you sligthly increase your odds of getting a discount, as the resort occupancy will be sligthly lower.

However, the big argument for not waiting is that your desired room category in your desired resort may not be available (for that matter, your desired resort may be completely sold out).

Since we usually have our heart set on a certain resort, we usually don't wait to book until discounts come out (otherwise, we would).

So for us, it's usually the same drill. Watch and wait for rack rate online booking to be available, book online at rack rate, watch and wait for discounts to come out, and call to try to apply the discount.

Anyone else go through the same machinations?

I have the exact same thought. We are planning on using the Armed Forces Salute discount but they normally don't announce the renewal until late summer/early fall and as with most other discounts, I'm sure they select the number/types of rooms and resorts based on occupancy. I'd rather not let our perfect rooms slip away than wait for the renewal announcement. I just wish they would announce both at the same time.

And if I book when they release 2019 rates, I will have to eventually cancel because it's not a package discount and is booked in a certain which allows us to get the military room discount and add on the dining plan without having to add on tickets.

I went ahead and booked a mermaid room but now I'm wondering if I should have booked Pop since the mermaid rooms dont typically get discounts while Pop may. On the other hand maybe whenever a discount is released I could call and cancel the mermaid room and book for Pop. It's a pain in the butt....we're not planning on a package since Dis tickets are cheaper using a AAA discount and the dining plan isnt worth the price for us. Maybe if stay, play, done discount pops up than the dining plan might be worth it but....maybe not. My son will be 12 and is a disney adult but he doesnt eat like one....

When are discounts usually released? Is that something you should try to grab asap (I know when the free dining plan is announced you should try to snatch it up asap) but with discounts for 20% room only when they are released do you want to hop on it as soon as its released? Is it at 6 am that they announce the discounts? When using the Disney Visa discount do you need to pay with the Visa card and if you do does it need to be all on the Dis Visa or can it be just the deposit?

When are discounts usually released? Is that something you should try to grab asap (I know when the free dining plan is announced you should try to snatch it up asap) but with discounts for 20% room only when they are released do you want to hop on it as soon as its released? Is it at 6 am that they announce the discounts? When using the Disney Visa discount do you need to pay with the Visa card and if you do does it need to be all on the Dis Visa or can it be just the deposit?

You can just put the deposit on the Disney Visa.

Was looking online today. You can search for a room from 12/31/18 then pick any day in January up to 1/30/19. Select the hotel you want. Then click on 'Rate Details' it'll show you the rates for each day. There's a 'View Rate Calendar' button after you click on details that will show you the whole month of January. News to me, don't know if these rates reflect the new pricing or not.

Was looking online today. You can search for a room from 12/31/18 then pick any day in January up to 1/30/19. Select the hotel you want. Then click on 'Rate Details' it'll show you the rates for each day. There's a 'View Rate Calendar' button after you click on details that will show you the whole month of January. News to me, don't know if these rates reflect the new pricing or not.
So I compared the price online to the nights I have booked. The price they have me booked for is $4 less than the price online. I thnk its very possible that the price online are the new prices for 2019...wonder if theyll up my rates when the new rates are released or if I call and apply a discount (should they become available.

Waiting also....we like the last week of January. Hoping to stay at the Coronado again. I know it's renovations aren't done yet.

I skipped this year and am really missing my Disney fix, so I've started thinking about Feb 10-14, 2019 - not January, but should have same rates/discounts for the "value season" dates. I'm holding out for the discounts and hoping for Pop. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!