January 2020 Disney Vision Exercise Challenge

Elizabeth Smith

DIS Veteran
Happy New Year and Welcome to the January 2020 "Disney" Vision Exercise Challenge. This month's theme will be upcoming Disney attractions for 2020 (and possibly beyond), including movies, TV shows, Parks additions, and more!

If you’re returning, we’re excited to have you back! If you’re new, welcome to the team! Here’s how it works:

Each person chooses a time goal, and posts minutes towards that goal as they exercise. (You can post daily or just catch up when you can.) You decide what movement counts towards your goal - which can be a nice round total for the month, a specific number that means something to you, or a calculation based on a target number of minutes per day. Since January has 31 days, here are some common conversions:

15 minutes/day = 465
20 minutes/day = 620
30 minutes/day = 930
45 minutes/day = 1395
1 hour/day = 1860

One of the special motivations of our Disney exercise challenge is color changing! This post will be updated with individual and team color changes as we make more and more progress.

10% - Building Blue
25% - Onward Orange
50% - Pathway Purple
75% - Pixie Dust Pink
90% - Resort Red
100% - Global Green

We’re officially starting this challenge on January 1st, but if you don’t find this thread until later in the month, you’re still welcome to join!! Just post your goal and I’ll add you to the list. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, and to check out old threads to see what’s been going on.

Have a great month, everyone!!

Team Members:
Elizabeth Smith -- 810/800
Twilight Sparkle -- 2515/1860

ljcrochet -- 448/500
sophy1996 -- 1280/1200
Bonnie F -- 525/700
Figment1990 -- 600/800
PollyannaMom -- 435/500

Piglet1979 -- 781/930
Penny McMouse -- 248/690
GrandAdmiralStrife -- 541/1500

Team --8183/9480

Last edited:

Happy New Year to all! Wishing you all good things in 2020!
So, after taking December off, I'm strengthening my commitment for January. I'm in for 700 minutes.

Hi everyone! Happy new year! It’s been a very long time since I’ve been on this board but I’m excited to come back and rejoin. My goal is 800 minutes. That’s about 40 minutes, 5 times a week or so. I’ve had the weirdest, most insane few years and haven’t made nearly enough time for exercise. I hope that being a part of the group will help me stay accountable and give me a sense of community with people trying to do the same thing.

I’m sort of training for a half marathon at the end of March, but I’m behind in my training and a bunch of pounds overweight so I’m just focusing on moving consistently and trying to improve my eating habits which I’m finding much harder than I expected it to be.

Hope that everyone had fun ringing in the new year! I spent my New Year playing board games with family and eating too much food. I'm still with them and so didn't get in any exercise today... Oops.

:welcome: to @Figment1990 !

We'll start off looking at the park that probably has the most changes coming to it in the near future: Epcot!

Coming soon to Epcot: The Festival of the Arts will be kicking off on January 17th and will continue through February 24th. While this event is not new to Epcot, it will bring with it 3 new films which will debut in the Land Pavilion, France, and Canada. The Land will get a film (presumably to replace the flop, The Circle of Life) which is entitled Awesome planet. France will get a Beauty and the Beast Sing a Long and Canada will get an update to O Canada! called Canada Far and Wide. All of these will debut at the kick off of the festival on the 17th.
sdlifh031.jpg

(From Disney Parks Blog)

Which film are you most excited for? Personally, I'm excited for all three and think this is a much needed update!

Which film are you most excited for? Personally, I'm excited for all three and think this is a much needed update!

They all look great, but I will probably never see the Beauty & the Beast one, as my traveling companions on Disney trips are DH and DS - who are really not into princess sing-alongs. :rotfl:

I think I'm most excited for Awesome Planet.

25 minutes walking today - enjoyed the close-to-springlike weather! (25/700)
I'm looking forward to all the new movies - didn't know they're coming up so soon! I'll be there in early February and will be sure to check them all out and report! My daughter's favorite movie is Beauty and the Beast - so that will be fun. I'm sure the Canada film will be beautiful. Epcot surely needs a good refreshing - it's my favorite park, so I'm really looking forward to the changes.

No color changes to report yet, and no minutes for myself yet either! I thought I would get some walking in today as my family was going to go out to the shopping center to make a return, but we ended up sleeping in instead... Oops again.

We'll stay in Epcot for now as we look forward to the Regal Eagle Smokehouse in the America Pavilion. The restaurant was slated to open in winter 2019, so that just means it will be one of the first new things coming to WDW this decade. This will be a fast casual dining option featuring the various barbecue styles from around the US.
sdghfvgh3yhj32.jpg

(From Disney Parks Blog)

I'm excited for all 3. We are going in March for my birthday so I'll have to remind my family that there is 3 new movies and plan more epcot time.

My year is not starting out great exercise wise. I have a very bad sore throat/ crud. I had no voice yesterday so my workouts are on hold. I haven't even walked my dogs . Either my husband has or i took them on the side of the house.

I'm excited for all 3. We are going in March for my birthday so I'll have to remind my family that there is 3 new movies and plan more epcot time.

My year is not starting out great exercise wise. I have a very bad sore throat/ crud. I had no voice yesterday so my workouts are on hold. I haven't even walked my dogs . Either my husband has or i took them on the side of the house.

I gave your upcoming trip a like but I'm not liking that you are sick. Get well soon!

I had 55 on 1/1 (it's hidden at the bottom of the post)
30 on 1/2
30 on 1/3

so 115/1200

I'm looking forward to Awesome Planet and Canada Far and Wide. But I'm really looking forward to trying Regal Eagle. Hopefully it's at least decent barbeque!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!