January 2020 park Hours

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
What are the chances that the posted hours for January are likely to extend? I know for other months it's entirely possible but unsure on a slower month.

1. What are the chances that the posted hours for January are likely to extend?
2. I know for other months it's entirely possible but unsure on a slower month.
1. Good chance.
(Epcot will not change, MK's likely will extend on certain nights. Uncertain about DHS & DAK.)
2. January's hours have been extended many times over the years.
Watch for the changes to come within the last 14-45 days in advance.

I would expect they will change. But they may not be posted until November or December. Late enough to not help you with FPs.

On days where EMH are already posted, those wouldnt change right? Just an extension on the other end of the day?

We were there this year MLK week. The hours for this year and the hours for next year are the same minus Sunday and Monday MK was open a little later. EP closed at 9 while we were there, the other parks at 8, that's how it is next year. So for that week, I wouldn't expect any changes (maybe another hour later MLK weekend).

Any days with Early Morning Magic will have stable opening hours, generally speaking.

Well the posted times for MLK day is 9am -8pm, but the after hours event is from 9-12. That tells me that MK will actually close at 9pm that day.

Well the posted times for MLK day is 9am -8pm, but the after hours event is from 9-12. That tells me that MK will actually close at 9pm that day.
Discussion in the AH event threads has indicated that there's often a half hour (sometimes even full hour) "closed" period between regular hours and AH during which they stop letting people on rides and encourage the day guests to clear out. So I would not count on it.

We were there the last week of January 2019 and in MK on two different nights - both times it closed at 8:00 pm. I thought it seemed early but maybe that’s typical winter hours.

Discussion in the AH event threads has indicated that there's often a half hour (sometimes even full hour) "closed" period between regular hours and AH during which they stop letting people on rides and encourage the day guests to clear out. So I would not count on it.
Interesting! I didn’t realize that. That actually is pretty awesome because we are staying for AH, and I was wondering how they were going to handle the crowds. Although, I noticed other AH started at 8 in January, so I just assumed...

Interesting! I didn’t realize that. That actually is pretty awesome because we are staying for AH, and I was wondering how they were going to handle the crowds. Although, I noticed other AH started at 8 in January, so I just assumed...
Honestly, I assumed the same when I booked an event ticket--Disney doesn't give any indication that the gap between daytime hours and AH is an actual gap in operations. I figured AH always butted up to park hours, or that it meant an extra hour of event time. Not so much, from the reports I've read. I do view it as a good thing since it should mean we're getting the lower crowds we paid for (unless they do extend hours after all), but it surprised me when I first read about it.

This is true of the DAK AH for sure but I believe at MK it usually mean the hours will be extended, at least that was our experience from April.

FYI, past MK DAH events have never had a time gap. Granted the park calendar has some things that suggest otherwise at the moment, but I would peg that as a high probability the park hours get extended up until the DAH start time.

All past DHS events had a 30 min gap scheduled.

Some past DAK events had a 30 min gap, some had no gap.

People tend to make a big deal around here about the day guest / DAH overlap, but in reality it usually does not tend to be a major issue, from reports over time.

Since Nov and Dec hours were updated last week I am really hoping that means only another month or so of waiting to see if January hours are extended!

Since Nov and Dec hours were updated last week I am really hoping that means only another month or so of waiting to see if January hours are extended!
I’m not sure that very much of December was updated. Wasn’t it only maybe three or four days? My guess is that you’ll see another December update in mid November with maybe a few days in January included and then more updates for January in mid December. But as everyone has already indicated, just a guess based on past experience.

I’m not sure that very much of December was updated. Wasn’t it only maybe three or four days? My guess is that you’ll see another December update in mid November with maybe a few days in January included and then more updates for January in mid December. But as everyone has already indicated, just a guess based on past experience.

Yeah, it was just a light update with a few dates in December. I would expect a later Dec update covering more dates/parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!